Vital | The Boneyard

Vital

Reaction Score
I really, really, really like Vital. I remember watching Frank Mason when he was a freshmen and thinking that there was something there but that he was just a little rough around the edges. Mason was a 3-star recruit, #131 , and was a late recruit for Kansas similar to Vital with us. Obviously, lots of wishful thinking. But Vital has something that belies any rankings. Cannot wait to see what he becomes as a junior/senior.

Reaction Score
I really, really, really like Vital. I remember watching Frank Mason when he was a freshmen and thinking that there was something there but that he was just a little rough around the edges. Mason was a 3-star recruit, #131 , and was a late recruit for Kansas similar to Vital with us. Obviously, lots of wishful thinking. But Vital has something that belies any rankings. Cannot wait to see what he becomes as a junior/senior.
This kid has so much dog in him. He'll be a special college player

Reaction Score
This kid has so much dog in him. He'll be a special college player

Dog. Toughness. Huevos. Gamer. Feel.

All of those things apply. He needs to work on his ball-handling, but this kid is exactly what you want in a combo G at the college level. He'll hit shots, he'll dig for rebounds and steals, he makes winning plays, and he's got swagger.

I wish we had like 12 of him at the different positions. Freeman, Giffey, Voskuhl, Taliek. Vital is tracking nicely to join that group.

Reaction Score
I wish we had like 12 of him at the different positions. Freeman, Giffey, Voskuhl, Taliek. Vital is tracking nicely to join that group.

These are the types of guys who hold a program together. Hopefully we can look back in 4 years and go yeah, Vital was one of Ollie's most important recruits. There are tons of 3* guys out there who go on to be stars and if you like an underdog story like I do it's almost more impressive to find a diamond in the rough than to land a class of all 4* guys.

Reaction Score
Just hope he and Jalen don't have a problem. I'm going with heat of the moment.

Reaction Score
IMO Vital may have been the MVP of the second half. Adams played with a ton of heart and led the team but UConn doesn't win that game without Vital.

Two big 3 pointers, that hustle tip play for a layup, and a huge rebound while surrounded by 3 CF kids were game changing plays by Vital. He seems to be getting better and more confident by the game. Can't wait to see him continue to develop...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Two big 3 pointers, that hustle tip play for a layup, and a huge rebound while surrounded by 3 CF kids were game changing plays by Vital. He seems to be getting better and more confident by the game. Can't wait to see him continue to develop..
That was just awesome. Winning teams make plays like that. Vital is a player.

Reaction Score
That was just awesome. Winning teams make plays like that. Vital is a player.

If there's something that makes him special, it's that "it" factor where he makes plays like that one. Same thing with the Syracuse end of game play. He seems to have the personality to go along with it too.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We were dead to rights until his put back. Was really the catalyst in us getting back to 10 points up

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Possibly rookie of the week again?? Not sure how others did this week but CV sure was solid.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He had the attempted alley oop to Brimah that Tacko snuffed and UCF hit a three on the other end.

It was actually a good pass and Brimah would have stuffed it.

Tacko was literally the only player in the country capable of stopping that play.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Early on in the season it was obvious the speed/pace of college wasn't too fast for Vital's game. Jackson took some time to adjust.

Vital has had plenty of lapses but he looks like he belongs on the floor. The moment isn't too big for him.

I will not be surprised to see him have big moments on a big stage.

Reaction Score
Im hoping he can carve out a roll in next years team with Gilbert, Larrier, and hopefully Adams back next year.

Reaction Score
Just hope he and Jalen don't have a problem. I'm going with heat of the moment.

That happened in front of me. Vital was on the wing in front of our bench. Rodney was on the opposite wing. Ollie told Vital to move to the other side. As Vital was moving Rodney waved him away, so Vital went back to his corner and Jalen yelled at him to move. Vital tried again and Rodney waived him off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom