Vital Kemba Comparison | The Boneyard

Vital Kemba Comparison

Reaction Score
I'm not saying Vital is as good as Kemba was. What i am saying is this team has the same energy as the 2011 team. The way the freshman and the rest of the team loved Kemba and would run through a wall for him, is the feeling I'm getting this team has for Vital. I really think this team is on the verge of something special. The one thing i have always loved about Uconn Basketball, is the grit and determination Calhoun's teams showed. You need talent no doubt, but heart and overcoming adversity can be very powerful when it clicks and I would take that any day over high ranked recruits.

Reaction Score
Made me gag with the title :eek: but nice comeback thereafter lol. But yeah, good call because it's all relative. I mean to have us this indulged in where our Huskies are, where they may go or what they can do "if" is tremendous. Obviously with his effort and a bit of throwing the team on his shoulders there's a comparison albeit on a different level. But yeah, good post.

Reaction Score
I think Whaley's quote about Vital is eerily similar to what Kemba was doing:

"I could tell through a lot of possessions that he wasn't going to let us lose," Whaley said. "Especially toward the end, when they started hitting a lot of 3s. He demanded the ball so he could go to the free-throw line, because he wasn't going to let us lose."

Linky

Reaction Score
I think Whaley's quote about Vital is eerily similar to what Kemba was doing:

"I could tell through a lot of possessions that he wasn't going to let us lose," Whaley said. "Especially toward the end, when they started hitting a lot of 3s. He demanded the ball so he could go to the free-throw line, because he wasn't going to let us lose."

Linky

On that subject kudos to Gaffney for being patient and being sure to find CV on the inbound plays down the stretch. He did a nice job making sure we had the ball in the hands of the guy who was going to make them, and he sure did.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
On that subject kudos to Gaffney for being patient and being sure to find CV on the inbound plays down the stretch. He did a nice job making sure we had the ball in the hands of the guy who was going to make them, and he sure did.
We tend to focus on Bouknight’s development as being key to the team’s success, and it is, but Gaffney has been quietly improving. He’s more steady with the ball, more confident in his shot, and seeing the court better. His improvement is a big part why we are such a dangerous team.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We tend to focus on Bouknight’s development as being key to the team’s success, and it is, but Gaffney has been quietly improving. He’s more steady with the ball, more confident in his shot, and seeing the court better. His improvement is a big part why we are such a dangerous team.
He’s the only guard who can consistently get the ball into the right spot in the offense without turning it over.

Reaction Score
Gaffney will be a significant reason Bouk accelerates to the next level next season. I say that because he's pass first, but has a stroke. Also they have chemistry. Bouk's production will soar. He and Bouk were deferring earlier in the season but the talent is now shining. Gaffney has the potential to be our next great point guard. He will be surrounded by great talent next year, and plenty of highlight reel choices going forward. How bout those acrobatic layups last night?

Anyway in 3 years I think he could be on one of the AA teams, if they look at position and not points. The only question on him is his leadership qualities. We will have that answered next season, cuz it will be his team.

Reaction Score
He even talked a little trash to mills

Reaction Score
He's much improved in his ability to get to the rim and finish. And some of his finishes get me out of my chair.

Reaction Score
As in another thread, thank goodness CV has the Kemba / Bazz FT gene. Poor 3D could have lost the game in the stretch. Can't trade 3s w 2s (FTs in this case) for too long.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
As in another thread, thank goodness CV has the Kemba / Bazz FT gene. Poor 3D could have lost the game in the stretch. Can't trade 3s w 2s (FTs in this case) for too long.

When you’re close to winning games, it sure helps knowing they if you’re leading with less than a minute to go, they you have one of the best free throw shooters in the country ready to put it away.

Everyone but Josh and Sid hits them at a fairly high percentage. Alterique has improved after a terrible FT percentage last year. Sometimes Adams will brick one with too much strength, but this is probably the FT shooting team we’ve had since 2014.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom