Vital Eyeing Postseason Play | The Boneyard

Vital Eyeing Postseason Play

Reaction Score
I would expect nothing less from any of these guys. The Uconn legacy is hard to live up to. When you play for Uconn there's an expectation that the coaches, students, alumni and fans are expecting from the team. These last few years have been difficult.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
No player that I can remember puts more heart, effort & desire to win than CV IMO. You have to respect at the least or even love how he gives it his all every minute he is on the floor. He has set a great example for others follow. He never gives up and refuses to accept losing

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Losing by 40 in the final game stings. Can we turn things around this year?

Reaction Score
I like VItal. I hope he plays within himself this year. He could be a real leader on the team.
He played within himself last year. What hopefully he did was work on his handle so he can dribble past people using a change of pace dribble like SN. He really has to improve his overall handle if he will be one of main ball handlers this year.

Reaction Score
He played within himself last year. What hopefully he did was work on his handle so he can dribble past people using a change of pace dribble like SN. He really has to improve his overall handle if he will be one of main ball handlers this year.

Mostly he certainly got a lot better at playing within himself. He won me over last year as I wasn't sure. Like the kid a ton and he plays so damn hard. His passion to be a Husky hopefully spills over and he leads this team on a "special" season along with AG. Certainly not #5 but they can do things to make us know UConn is coming back to where they belong, and he's a big piece of that happening if it does.

Reaction Score
CV may not be a husky of honor in the future, but if he leaves with getting UConn back to the postseason and wins a game or two, he will not be forgotten.

He may have his best year if we have AG at the point all year. He's much better as a spot up shooter than off the dribble.

Reaction Score
Expect great things from CV . He has the inspiration to carry this team. Good luck. I'll be watching.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree he absolutely did. But this is his last year, he's a senior, there's no Jalen to deffer to, and I can see him thinking, "It's up to me to win this game." Plus having a frosh outshine him, potentially, could tweak his ego. I'm not saying that it will happen, only that the ingredients are there.

Like I said, I like him and I want him to have a great last season at UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I agree he absolutely did. But this is his last year, he's a senior, there's no Jalen to differ to, and I can see him thinking, "It's up to me to win this game." Plus having a frosh outshine him, potentially, could tweak his ego. I'm not saying that it will happen, only that the ingredients are there.

I’d hope he’s become a little more mature and less selfish than that - especially after this past year under Hurley.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Losing by 40 in the final game stings. Can we turn things around this year?

I said it right after the Houston loss... I think its gonna leave a sour taste in the team's mouth and Hurley is going to use it as motivation all summer to push these guys to be ready for the season

Reaction Score
CV may not be a husky of honor in the future, but if he leaves with getting UConn back to the postseason and wins a game or two, he will not be forgotten.
I agree that he's got a long way to go for Huskies of Honor, but something I find interesting is that he's only 77 3-pointers away from being the school's all-time leader. He's averaged 66 per year through his first 3 seasons, so although Hurley seemed to dial him back last year, it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is he shooting 500 shots a day? We need more than grit and pluck. And talk.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I agree he absolutely did. But this is his last year, he's a senior, there's no Jalen to deffer to, and I can see him thinking, "It's up to me to win this game." Plus having a frosh outshine him, potentially, could tweak his ego. I'm not saying that it will happen, only that the ingredients are there.

I think if he goes off on his own like he has been known to do on occasion in the past, Coach must have had many serious discussions with him about this going back to last year and will pull him Calhoun style to make a point to everyone else

Reaction Score
Is he shooting 500 shots a day? We need more than grit and pluck. And talk.

Husky429's PSA of the day, again: Vital was our most effecient guard. The 'yard is starting to come around, but this kid deserves a lot more credit than he gets. 41% from 3 on a lot of attempts. When he can play 2-guard, he was exceptional.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom