Vital better be careful, Bouknight having impressive practices | The Boneyard

Vital better be careful, Bouknight having impressive practices

Reaction Score
Sid is really intriguing to me this year. Bouk specifically called him out in this article as a player that holds him accountable, while some media members have said at least defensively he’s looked engaged in practice.

I know BY posters have talked about his lack there of regarding lifting.

Any “insider” knowledge regarding what we may expect from him this offseason?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
“CV (Christian Vital) was going to take the layup but he was tired and I said, ‘I’ve got it,’ ” Bouknight said.

Vital better understand that this kid didn't come here to watch, and never defer to a freshman in practice on any level. Its a minor thing but his PT amount ain't that secure.

Bouknight off to a fast start
If Bouknight was playing at CV’s level of exertion the entire practice than wow. Is there anything you read that suggests this?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sid is really intriguing to me this year. Bouk specifically called him out in this article as a player that holds him accountable, while some media members have said at least defensively he’s looked engaged in practice.

No insider knowledge, but he had a hurt hand for a stretch of the offseason. Perhaps that

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Vital wants to play but even more then that, he wants to win and I believe he will put his ego aside for W's

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Vital is the type of player fans loved on other UConn teams. It would not be a stretch to say JC would love his effort.

Reaction Score
“Everyone knows we’ve been down the last few years,” Bouknight said. “Like I said earlier this year, this is UConn so we have an expectation that needs to be met.
“Playing hard is not demanding, but an expectation I have to meet and it’s what I have to do. I’m here to do it.”

Wow! The best quote ive heard from a Frosh in a long, long time. This kid sounds like hes ready to lead right now. Great sign.

Reaction Score
“Everyone knows we’ve been down the last few years,” Bouknight said. “Like I said earlier this year, this is UConn so we have an expectation that needs to be met.
“Playing hard is not demanding, but an expectation I have to meet and it’s what I have to do. I’m here to do it.”

Wow! The best quote ive heard from a Frosh in a long, long time. This kid sounds like hes ready to lead right now. Great sign.

Agree already understands what it means to be a Husky the legacy which exists. Impressive statement.

Reaction Score

I agree that Sid is interesting with physical gifts. He lacks strength, shooting ability and defensive desire. His good points are blocking shots and jumping. If he does something good a lot of us are going to be shocked and pleasantly surprised.

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
CV is going to be OK, I don’t see a big spike in his game. He’s the same player, same size as the last three years. I’m excited to see if Polley develops. He has a ton of potential but we’ll see if the freshman swallow him up. Hoping to see them start winning again.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Class of 2016 signees:

Juwan Durham
Alterique Gilbert
Vance Jackson
Mamadou Diarra
Christian Vital

Considering that class, if anyone in the BY had predicted that CV would be the leader (in a number of categories) and on the floor, they'd have been laughed out of the Yard.
https://247sports.com/player/juwan-durham-26181

Reaction Score
I don't like the that the title says 'he better be careful'... To me, that there is something he should fear - or at least implying that. CV is good player and even better... 'a teammate'. He understands his current ability and plays against others as a measuring stick. Anyone can improve at pretty much - anything in life. I actually think he might want to get into coaching some day. Leadership and the passion for it exudes from him - which I find as a terrific quality. Fear is senseless - especially about things of which you have no control. He demonstrates a winning and team first attitude - and contribute to the effort to restoring us back to being a winning program. Personally, I don't feel he is as concerned about minutes as some may think. I think he wants to win. We will see. But should be concerned about minutes? I think not. Minutes in a BB team environment are earned - and he knows that. I wish him and the team only the best. Just my opinion... I do really like his attitude toward the grand effort.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Until the balls get rolled out at the end of the month nothing matters about what these players say

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Considering that class, if anyone in the BY had predicted that CV would be the leader (in a number of categories) and on the floor, they'd have been laughed out of the Yard.
I think this supposed to be a compliment of CV. Instead, it's a indictment of the previous coach.

Reaction Score
Hurley said in an interview last week that this is “Christian and Alterique’s team.”

Bouknight seems like a potential stud, but Vital is going to start.

Agree if James starts it will be the 3 I believe. Hope Tyler improved enough to stop that too it makes us even better and the depth worthy of success.

Reaction Score
Nothing against CV , but my Man bouknight will be showing flashes of his talents thru the first two months and I think he ll be starting by early feb. is it polley who he bumps out of the starting 5? CV or akok? We ll see Even tho CV is a senior and has deff earned the right to start- he wud make a great 6th man off the bench a la johnn Gwynn Or Vinny the microwave Johnson. Very excited for this year

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I think guessing the starting lineup is a fools errand. It's going to be changing. Lots of guys fighting for a bunch of different positions. 2/3 3/4. If hurley wants to go small or big or whatever he's got options...which is a very good thing. These guys will be playing if they prove they can play defense and not force shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom