Visitors in early June | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Visitors in early June

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I would've driven her to Storrs but I don't drive.

I do and I will. Think of me as "Paladin" of the 21st century.......................... Have car - will drive. :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I do and I will. Think of me as "Paladin" of the 21st century...... Have car - will drive. :D
Beware the power of the Scoop -er. Right now with the subway barely running I could use a ride to 14th St., if you're not too busy.

Reaction Score
It appears it was more then the weather that caused Jordan Horston to miss her UConn visit:

Jordan Horston, 6-1 G, Columbus Africentric HS (OH): postponed her official visit to UConn that was set for this weekend and has postponed her remaining official and unofficial visits that were set for June. Her recruiting has been put on hold until after the 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup, being held July 21 to 29. Earlier this week, she was named to the 12-member USA team. (6/2/2018)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Horston was set to make her school choice in July so that will have to be moved well back I'd assume.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Did not know ND can control the weather? :(:mad:;)

Of course!
During my first two years at Notre Dame, Ara Parseghian was the football coach and whenever it started precipitating, the most popular chant from the student body was
"Ara, Stop the Rain! Ara, Stop the Rain!" Don't know if the charismatic coach actually pulled it off, but more often than not, he'd get a "W," which was the real priority.
(Very spoiled with Ara and Digger, back in the day....)

BTW, don't know if you're making a comment in general or regarding Jordan, but if the latter, not sure they Irish talismen would get involved, because I'm pretty sure MM and Niele/the Horstons don't have a "mutual interest" in one another. ;)

Reaction Score
Of course!

BTW, don't know if you're making a comment in general or regarding Jordan, but if the latter, not sure they Irish talismen would get involved, because I'm pretty sure MM and Niele/the Horstons don't have a "mutual interest" in one another. ;)

I'm surprised that there was no mutual interest between ND and Horston being that she's from the Midwest and is a tremendous two way player.............from your perspective is it simply a matter of strength at that position or something else?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that there was no mutual interest between ND and Horston being that she's from the Midwest and is a tremendous two way player...from your perspective is it simply a matter of strength at that position or something else?

She and ND have never come up together to the best of my knowledge. Horston is projecting as a tall guard and would've fit well into the Jackie Young role. But ND seems to be going great guns after Haley Jones (sound familiar?). Interestingly, after cups of coffee with Kiersten Bell and Breanna Beal, there's not that much interest on those fronts either.

Right now, it seems to be Haley Jones or nothing in Class of 2019 at that position. But remember, Young is around for two more years so MM and Niele can drop into Class of 2020.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
After Espinoza, they might be telling her to take her visits and make sure UConn is the right choice. No need for another transfer...
I see no reason to think Andra made the wrong choice. It's true that she committed early and maybe that was ill-advised.

But in the infamous recording Geno allegedly said it wasn't about her not fitting in, it wasn't about her playing time, and something else. And she was having as much success as any of the freshmen and got a nice compliment from Geno a few weeks before Xmas.

It seems clear she wasn't doing something Geno wanted her to do, which we'll probably never know, so she was uninvited.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
For those who don't traverse the recruit thread, Aliyah Boston is no longer considering Louisville according to Cardinal sport insider Jody Demling.

I had thought Louisville and Notre Dame were UConn's two biggest threats to get her.

Reaction Score
For those who don't traverse the recruit thread, Aliyah Boston is no longer considering Louisville according to Cardinal sport insider Jody Demling.

I had thought Louisville and Notre Dame were UConn's two biggest threats to get her.

in terms of bigger front court players ahead of her, UConn will only have ONO...............ND will have Cosgrove, Vaughn and Patterson.............seems like a no brainer to me.........

Reaction Score
in terms of bigger front court players ahead of her, UConn will only have ONO.....ND will have Cosgrove, Vaughn and Patterson...seems like a no brainer to me....
Only Vaughn is a true low post though. Cosgrove and Patterson aren’t really in the paint players.

Reaction Score
Only Vaughn is a true low post though. Cosgrove and Patterson aren’t really in the paint players.

that's true but they can be used there and they are 6'3" or taller...........UConn has ONO who's also not a low post player and that's it........if she wants to have a great chance to play as a freshman for UConn no less.........she's in the driver's seat.........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom