Visitors in early June | The Boneyard

Visitors in early June

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
We know about Jordan Horston coming this weekend....I see that Aliyah Boston is coming next weekend.
It's a great chance for those two to mingle with our incoming frosh and the others on campus.
Hmmm....a three year overlap for the incoming and Jordan/Aliyah.

Reaction Score
I see Horston and Boston are visiting. I also read Jones will visit again in the fall. Have we heard of Amihere is planning a visit, I know she has a ND visit planned for the fall :(

Reaction Score
I see Horston and Boston are visiting. I also read Jones will visit again in the fall. Have we heard of Amihere is planning a visit, I know she has a ND visit planned for the fall :(

rest assured ND will have 10-20 recruits at South Bend for one of their mega-recruiting/football weekends........there's no way for UConn to compete against all of that hoopla........in the end the players have to decide what kind of college experience they want to have and how much of that revolves around becoming the best basketball player they can be........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
rest assured ND will have 10-20 recruits at South Bend for one of their mega-recruiting/football weekends...there's no way for UConn to compete against all of that hoopla...in the end the players have to decide what kind of college experience they want to have and how much of that revolves around becoming the best basketball player they can be...

ND might very well have one of the mega-weekends planned, but those might not be timed to coincide with the planned official visits for Amihere, Boston and/or Jones.
Last year, none of the attendees was on an OV. Anaya Peoples had committed but her attendance was also an unofficial because you can't take an OV until April of one's junior year.

While there might be a large event, I'd bet it be more likely that Anaya P. or Sam Brunelle might (still) take their OV to ND, perhaps in conjunction with one of these OVs or the large group event, if it happens this year.

Reaction Score
ND might very well have one of the mega-weekends planned, but those might not be timed to coincide with the planned official visits for Amihere, Boston and/or Jones.
Last year, none of the attendees was on an OV. Anaya Peoples had committed but her attendance was also an unofficial because you can't take an OV until April of one's junior year.

While there might be a large event, I'd bet it be more likely that Anaya P. or Sam Brunelle might (still) take their OV to ND, perhaps in conjunction with one of these OVs or the large group event, if it happens this year.

I'm used to seeing Texas and Baylor host multiple players during football weekends...........is that a newer thing for ND?.........don't blame them at all for doing it, might as well take advantage of what you've got........on the other hand UConn can rightfully claim that their WBB players are the big athletes on campus at Storrs...........

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
rest assured ND will have 10-20 recruits at South Bend for one of their mega-recruiting/football weekends...there's no way for UConn to compete against all of that hoopla...in the end the players have to decide what kind of college experience they want to have and how much of that revolves around becoming the best basketball player they can be...

Having 10-20 recruits in at one time could also backfire on ND. We know that you always over recruit because you know that you seldom get every recruit that you offer. If a recruit visits your campus and sees that many other recruits vying for the 3-4 scholarships available for her class (even though the players attending could represent 2-3 classes), that might cause them to look seriously at other programs. No matter how you look at it, 20 into 4-6 will not compute. Too many players for too few available schollys. It's likely that only a few of them will ever put on a ND uniform. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I'm used to seeing Texas and Baylor host multiple players during football weekends......is that a newer thing for ND?....don't blame them at all for doing it, might as well take advantage of what you've got...on the other hand UConn can rightfully claim that their WBB players are the big athletes on campus at Storrs......

Not only is it a "newer thing," it's an "only thing," at least to the best of my knowledge, particularly on the scale that it was done.

ND Football is very much a part of the culture of the place at this point and MM and Niele are obviously trying to have recruits soak up the entire experience, which is not just about the game or the players, but the 100,000+ people that will be on campus at some point over the weekend.

As for the "big person on campus," fair point. Interestingly enough, my recently graduated daughter thought MBB'aller Bonzi Colson was the most admired athlete on campus this year, but she says the respect for Muffet and the team runs pretty deep.

Having 10-20 recruits in at one time could also backfire on ND. We know that you always over recruit because you know that you seldom get every recruit to offer. If a recruit visits campus and sees that many other recruits vying for the 3-4 scholarships available for her class (even though the players attending could represent 2-3 classes), that might cause them to look seriously at other programs. No matter how you look at it, 20 into 4-6 will not compute. Too many players for too few schollys. It's probable that most of them will never put on a ND uniform. :oops:

Point taken, but think MM and Niele were probably somewhat aware of that, too. I'm going to take a guess that there won't be anything of that scope because the representatives of the classes of '19, particularly '20 and '21 were the lion's share of the prospects that MM and Niele wanted to have out there. In fact, the "shaving" of the 20's has probably already begun, based on a snippet here, a story there. a

In the case of '19, Anaya Peoples had already committed and it was the first (and only to the best of our knowledge) visit of Sam Brunelle. The main focus for that event was probably the class of 2020 and the numbers taken for that class will depend on the push for the rest of the Class of 2019...and I'll bet those September visits will be a lot smaller and more personal.

Reaction Score
Having 10-20 recruits in at one time could also backfire on ND. We know that you always over recruit because you know that you seldom get every recruit to offer. If a recruit visits campus and sees that many other recruits vying for the 3-4 scholarships available for her class (even though the players attending could represent 2-3 classes), that might cause them to look seriously at other programs. No matter how you look at it, 20 into 4-6 will not compute. Too many players for too few schollys. It's probable that most of them will never put on a ND uniform. :oops:

that could very well be............I'm sure all the big football schools count on using a weekend like this to develop closer relationships between the school and recruits..........as a committed player, Brunelle may be a one off in that she has developed strong relationships with players in grade levels under her own.......whether that's enough to convince a younger player to join her is an open question.........as many have said, lot's can happen in a year or two before the recruiting decision has to be made.......

Dillon77

Reaction Score
that could very well be..I'm sure all the big football schools count on using a weekend like this to develop closer relationships between the school and recruits.....as a committed player, Brunelle may be a one off in that she has developed strong relationships with players in grade levels under her own..whether that's enough to convince a younger player to join her is an open question....as many have said, lot's can happen in a year or two before the recruiting decision has to be made..

Absolutely agree. If that experience worked as a "retention" tool (remember, she had already committed earlier) for Anaya Peoples and a positive influence in the recruitment of Sam Brunelle, well, mission accomplished. Hopefully, it has led to positive feelings for many of the other prospects, but if that leads to something....well, stay tuned.

Reaction Score
As long as UConn signs most of the players Geno wants I am happy to see others go to schools like N Dame, Louisville, Oregon St or Oregon. It creates great competition and is a lot better than seeing them go to places like tOSU, Baylor, Texas or UNC, all schools that have done little with large servings of talent over the years.

What I'd love to see is a repeat of Collier & KLS (and Boykin)'s committments which came in the spring prior to their senior years. At the very least it would calm down some of the Chicken Littles on this board. :)

Reaction Score
if Jordan Horston commits this weekend I'll be clucking a bit less this summer.....

It would be nice. And the way she has spoken about UConn not completely unreasonable. And while I'm on the topic the same could be said about Boston's visit next week. It isn't like she hasn't been there before.

Maybe she wants to settle the issue and start whispering to Bueckers and Fudd. (that for the Irish fans) ;)

Reaction Score
It would be nice. And the way she has spoken about UConn not completely unreasonable. And while I'm on the topic the same could be said about Boston's visit next week. It isn't like she hasn't been there before.

Maybe she wants to settle the issue and start whispering to Bueckers and Fudd. (that for the Irish fans) ;)

I'm a bit puzzled by Boston's actions..........believe me I'm happy she's showing enough interest to make another trip but I'd feel a heck of a lot better if she made the commitment next week and skipped the other school visits!! After all she's been UConn's post of choice for quite some time and the position is wide open for her to take as a freshman which is highly unusual for UConn.......

Dillon77

Reaction Score

And in her ear, there's Sam Brunelle and incoming frosh and U18 team member Jordan Nixon -- they're great buds from playing together, as well.

Ah, these two program's recruiting vines are so intertwined its hard to keep track, let alone separate. :confused: ;)

Stay tuned!

Reaction Score
I'm a bit puzzled by Boston's actions.....believe me I'm happy she's showing enough interest to make another trip but I'd feel a heck of a lot better if she made the commitment next week and skipped the other school visits!! After all she's been UConn's post of choice for quite some time and the position is wide open for her to take as a freshman which is highly unusual for UConn..
After Espinoza, they might be telling her to take her visits and make sure UConn is the right choice. No need for another transfer...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't believe the Horston visit happened this weekend. Flight issues. It'll be rescheduled.

Reaction Score
I'm a bit puzzled by Boston's actions.....believe me I'm happy she's showing enough interest to make another trip but I'd feel a heck of a lot better if she made the commitment next week and skipped the other school visits!! After all she's been UConn's post of choice for quite some time and the position is wide open for her to take as a freshman which is highly unusual for UConn..
Surely every U Conn fan would love for her to have committed already but would take this weekend.
But being she hasn't yet, it appears that she is slowly exploring her options as well she should.
She needs to be sure it's the right decision for her and not rush, because it makes you or others anxious. We have seen at least twice in last year, players who for whatever reason, and for each individual they can be very different, change their minds, about their initial choice. If it's well thought out and she takes the time to do her five official visits and all that each entails, she's much less likely to later have second thoughts or real doubts.
Sorry charliebball!
Bronx23

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't believe the Horston visit happened this weekend. Flight issues. It'll be rescheduled.
It was a bad week for flying. My son's flight on Tuesday was cancelled; my flight to SNA on Thursday was diverted to LAX; and Jordan couldn't get from Columbus to Storrs.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
It was a bad week for flying. My son's flight on Tuesday was cancelled; my flight to SNA on Thursday was diverted to LAX; and Jordan couldn't get from Columbus to Storrs.

Darn, that route is always overbooked ;) Kind of like getting to South Bend, from...well...anywhere! :rolleyes:

Maybe having her come with Boston is an even better idea (for UConn, that is....).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom