Visit Updates | The Boneyard

Visit Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rodney Purvis has an inhome today and Jarnell Stokes has one on Saturday

Reaction Score
Even with the continued uncertainty with JC's future after this season, the APR and Investigation fall-out, the staff is not missing a beat on the recruiting beat. I'm impressed!

I'm curious to see how many more recruits they sign this fall. Depending on who leaves early for whatever reason and what happens to the 2 APR docked ships, it's hard to predict how many new players they can add. With that said, I'm sure they have it all figured out, just like they did with AD...um...well sort of. ;)

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Does anyone see UConn signing anyone in the fall? I'm thinking with the general uncertainty around multiple factors (ships, ships avail, etc.) we won't see much action until the spring signing period.

Reaction Score
They are both taking visits... I was told by Stokes he would probably decide during the first contact period. They both want to take all visits then make a decision.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Thanks chev. Good to hear a little of what's going on. I'm sure they'll be a few slots open and I think one or both of the APR slots come back next year.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Much appreciated info Chev

Reaction Score
Thanks chev. Good to hear a little of what's going on. I'm sure they'll be a few slots open and I think one or both of the APR slots come back next year.

After the way the school was able to manuever around the lack of scholarship issue and the negative press surrounding it, am I the only one who feels the NCAA will basically say "duck outta here" when the school petitions to get either one or both back, even if we show improvement in academic progress?

Reaction Score
Its not about what the NCAA says. Its whatever or APR score is for a four year average so if our average gets back up then we will get one back if not we will lose two. I think if ur under 925 you lose one if you are under 900 you lose two. I believe we were 846.

Reaction Score
I thought it was up for review after a year and one or both of the ships could be rewarded back if progress is shown? Arkansas was able to dodge a scholarship reduction last year even though there 3 year average was below the benchmark because they had showed improvement from one year to the next.

Its not about what the NCAA says. Its whatever or APR score is for a four year average so if our average gets back up then we will get one back if not we will lose two. I think if ur under 925 you lose one if you are under 900 you lose two. I believe we were 846.

Reaction Score
I thought it was up for review after a year and one or both of the ships could be rewarded back if progress is shown? Arkansas was able to dodge a scholarship reduction last year even though there 3 year average was below the benchmark because they had showed improvement from one year to the next.

This is true. The NCAA left a "grey area" out there. If you show improvement from one year to the next, a school can apply for a waiver & they can possibly waive the loss of a scholey.

Reaction Score
Your prolly right Ace well in that case I have to imagine we will show some improvement. Most of the kids on the team seem to pretty smart. But I get your point now and kinda agree.

Reaction Score
After the way the school was able to manuever around the lack of scholarship issue and the negative press surrounding it, am I the only one who feels the NCAA will basically say "duck outta here" when the school petitions to get either one or both back, even if we show improvement in academic progress?
I kind of agree, but I'd hope they'd have a little more professionalism than that. It's their loophole, if they don't like it, then close it.

Reaction Score
I think with improvement in APR this year (and that seems to be the university position) UConn will get back both. That saying, I don't see how anyone else can be signed until the spring.

Reaction Score
I really don't think we will end up with both back but I think one is possible.

Reaction Score
According to articles I have just read, Arkansas was under a 900 4 year APR average for at least 1, if not 2, consecutive years and didn't lose a scholarship. It wasn't until the 2nd/3rd consecutive year that they lost 1 scholarship. UConn just went under 925 to 893 and lost 2 immediately. Syracuse went under 925 to 912 and lost two immediately. I must be interpreting things incorrectly because this makes no sense. Can someone who fully understands the situation please explain?

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/12298/boeheim-takes-aim-at-the-apr

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2011/may/24/ncaa-revokes-scholarship-arkansas-basketball/?print

Reaction Score
I really don't think we will end up with both back but I think one is possible.

One simple thing to do is to get Jon Mandeldove to finish up his degree... online, in person, whatever... they should have someone hounding him...
You can't offset someone transferring in bad standing, but showing that you have set up a serious framework for helping the student and closely
monitor incremental progress during the year with consequences for non-compliance, then I think you could make the case for 1 or 2 back... you
don't get both back without good grades and probably mandeldove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger