Virginia WBB opts out of rest of season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Virginia WBB opts out of rest of season

Reaction Score

With the way the world is now "my sources" being the only actual source raises some skepticism. On top of that, I'm fairly certain that Kara Lawson has a hell of a lot more integrity than that. If her team voted on it or something, sure that's fair, but all this because of one "crushing loss" seems dumb. Programs all over the damn country would be cancelling their seasons if that were the case.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

200.gif

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

With all due...

• Did your source tell you that Duke had two positive COVID-19 tests, after the Louisville game, believe to have been contacted as a result of Louisville not having strict COVID testing and guidelines (the Cardinals had multiple positive COVID tests among its travel party)?

• Did your source tell you that Duke asked the ACC to institute mandatory daily testing and was turned down?

• Did your source tell you that Duke asked the NCAA to institute mandatory daily testing and was turned down?

• Did your source tell you that Coach Kara Lawson told the SID early in the fall that she did not think WCBB should be playing because of COVID-19?

• "Program crushing loss"? Did you watch the game in question, in which Duke held Louisville to 49 points after three quarters (and only trailed by 13), one week after Louisville had shellacked then-20th ranked DePaul by scoring 116 points and winning by 40?

• "[T]he girls wanted to quit basketball in shame after that game"? Did your source tell you that the majority of these players suffered far worse losses to far inferior opponents during their careers under Joanne P. McCallie?

It sounds to me you might want to consider (or reconsider) your source).

@triaddukefan , @EricLA , @ucbart

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
With all due...

• Did your source tell you that Duke had two positive COVID-19 tests, after the Louisville game, believe to have been contacted as a result of Louisville not having strict COVID testing and guidelines (the Cardinals had multiple positive COVID tests among its travel party)?

• Did your source tell you that Duke asked the ACC to institute mandatory daily testing and was turned down?

• Did your source tell you that Duke asked the NCAA to institute mandatory daily testing and was turned down?

• Did your source tell you that Coach Kara Lawson told the SID early in the fall that she did not think WCBB should be playing because of COVID-19?

• "Program crushing loss"? Did you watch the game in question, in which Duke held Louisville to 49 points after three quarters (and only trailed by 13), one week after Louisville had shellacked then-20th ranked DePaul by scoring 116 points and winning by 40?

• "[T]he girls wanted to quit basketball in shame after that game"? Did your source tell you that the majority of these players suffered far worse losses to far inferior opponents during their careers under Joanne P. McCallie?

It sounds to me you might want to consider (or reconsider) your source).

@triaddukefan , @EricLA , @ucbart
I am (wo)man, hear me roar! :p

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tina Thompson and Kara Lawson both have the makings of first-class coaches.

Straight shooters, wonderful players...I trust them to make the correct decisions for their teams.

No second guessing here.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tina Thompson and Kara Lawson both have the makings of first-class coaches.

Straight shooters, wonderful players...I trust them to make the correct decisions for their teams.

No second guessing here.
This was Thompson's 3rd year at Virginia and she's not improved really at all. Better conference record in S2, but was off to a pretty bad start this season. Next year she should pretty much have all her own players so we will see what kind of coach she is going forward, but so far it's not looking good for her.

I'm not saying the season was cancelled for either team because they were having bad years, but it remains to be seen if she's even an average coach. So far, my crystal ball says "no"...

1610815508105.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom