Vintage UConn | The Boneyard

Vintage UConn

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Wow Wow Wow We're BaaaaaaK. Terrific passing, ball movement and getting everyone involved. Anna is a terrifc talent. Assists were up and thats what I was looking for. Wow wow wow. What a great game. Getting the ball inside and Liv did the rest. We need to improve on what we did tonite and not fall back into our comfort zone on Monday shooting treys with one pass. Im almost lost for words. The entire teams played and was having fun. The smiles on their faces tells it all. Anna is one heck of a passer. She looked like an AA point guard the way she moved the ball around hitting open team mates who were wide open and made shots. Wow wow wow. I am so excited. We've come a long way in a very short time. We keep playing like this with improvement each game and we will be National Champions again and you know what we keep improving and playing like we did tonite and I want to face Baylor and Oregon again because we wont loose.

One last point. If Paige can pass like Anna OMG are we going to be really good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know if today's version of Uconn is for real or just a product of playing a shorthanded and not great team, but...they did what we used to regularly do, which is to thoroughly dominate a not so good team. That hasn't been the case this year for the most part. SC is a whole different matter and it's doubtful that we can execute like we did today against much better athletes. Win or lose, I'll be happy if we can keep the ball moving like we did today, even if shots don't drop.

Reaction Score
I am going to say this again. Just want to bring everyone back to earth. Yeah, Liv played great, Chrystin played great, Anna played great, Crystal played great, Molly played great, Adebayo made a 3, and Aubrey made layups. Memphis is not even a mediocre team. It is an inferior team and UConn played great against an inferior team. If they do this on Monday, then they will be back to what UConn is or was.

Reaction Score
I am going to say this again. Just want to bring everyone back to earth. Yeah, Liv played great, Chrystin played great, Anna played great, Crystal played great, Molly played great, Adebayo made a 3, and Aubrey made layups. Memphis is not even a mediocre team. It is an inferior team and UConn played great against an inferior team. If they do this on Monday, then they will be back to what UConn is or was.
The difference is UConn could have phoned it in. Instead they executed with terrific ball movement. Anna’s passes, 2 short of school record, for this game alone would make another player’s season highlights video.

Reaction Score
The difference is UConn could have phoned it in. Instead they executed with terrific ball movement. Anna’s passes, 2 short of school record, for this game alone would make another player’s season highlights video.
I know, I watched the game. The real question is: can they repeat this performance, perhaps with a little less foul trouble against a real competitive team.

Reaction Score
As I turn to Colorado-Washington State, I look forward to the day I don’t turn away when Aubrey attempts a free throw. Still, she was our wild thing out there. The FTs will come.

Reaction Score
There has been some chatter in previous threads on Anna as PG. I'm not advocating that she should displace CD in that role but it is hard not to notice that her command of the court - knowing where everyone is, anticipating where the flow should go - is outstanding. Her passing is really a wonder to behold. There aren't that many college players that can see where a pass should go so quickly. And deliver precise bullets.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There has been some chatter in previous threads on Anna as PG. I'm not advocating that she should displace CD in that role but it is hard not to notice that her command of the court - knowing where everyone is, anticipating where the flow should go - is outstanding. Her passing is really a wonder to behold. There aren't that many college players that can see where a pass should go so quickly. And deliver precise bullets.
You don’t have to run your offense through your pg. UConn did a really nice job for a couple of years running their offense through their “point center” Gabby Williams.

Reaction Score
In his presser, Geno was asked if he was considering making Anna the PG. He dodged the question by saying he was looking for multiple “playmakers,” not limited to one PG, thus creating more opportunities. I have been advocating starting three “PGs” next year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In his presser, Geno was asked if he was considering making Anna the PG. He dodged the question by saying he was looking for multiple “playmakers,” not limited to one PG, thus creating more opportunities. I have been advocating starting three “PGs” next year.
Don’t get hung up in the term PG. Go back to 2016-17 when UConn set an all-time NCAA season record for assists. Gabby lead the team with 190 assists, with 4 of her teammates totaling over 100 assists each.

Reaction Score
Don’t get hung up in the term PG. Go back to 2016-17 when UConn set an all-time NCAA season record for assists. Gabby lead the team with 190 assists, with 4 of her teammates totaling over 100 assists each.
That’s why I put PGs in closed quotes.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
You don’t have to run your offense through your pg. UConn did a really nice job for a couple of years running their offense through their “point center” Gabby Williams.
and also ran it through Dolson. The Celtics ran theirs through the small forward for years. Some guy named Bird. Anna makes the same type of quick release passes with incredible timing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom