Vintage Bouknight Dunk | The Boneyard

Vintage Bouknight Dunk

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Lol, "That is just nasty!"

There is so much good about that dunk. The height, the one hand catch into a tomahawk jam... but my favorite part in the hesitation right after the catch. It's like he's just floating there for a second and then slams it home.

Reaction Score
Let’s throw this down again next season. I cringed playing at ECU... looks weird to me.

Reaction Score
Let’s throw this down again next season. I cringed playing at ECU... looks weird to me.
Was thinking to myself, if this was in a big time Big East game, this would be the greatest UConn dunk ever!?!?

But alas...ECU

Edit: Even us North Carolinians know that ECU is the brown stain on the underwear of NC (and AAC) schools.

Reaction Score
Was thinking to myself, if this was in a big time Big East game, this would be the greatest UConn dunk ever!?!?

But alas...ECU

Edit: Even us North Carolinians know that ECU is the brown stain on the underwear of NC (and AAC) schools.

the announcers reaction was great. I don’t even know if our guys stood up in awe. Could be the atmosphere, the angle, or the fact that Bouk doesnt surprise them (too good).

Reaction Score
The screen set by Vital (?) should not go unnoticed.
Yes the word “vintage” is off.

Reaction Score
Definitely one of my favorite dunks of all time... UConn or non-UConn! thanks for sharing again! The height, the slam, the nonchalance... incredible! Yea only detractor being against ECU but still an all-timer for me

Reaction Score
Bouknight's dunk is the best I can ever remember at UConn. Only other one I can remember being close to it is Stanley's dunk against Providence at the 2:05 mark of this vid...

UConn Highlights: Stanley Robinson Dunk Mix - YouTube

Reaction Score
Why did they sit him on the bench after that dunk? Lol...I wonder what that conversation sounded like. “Listen James, we don’t want you to embarrass them any more tonight.”

Reaction Score
I'm so bummed the clip starts rolling halfway through this possession. My favorite part of the whole play is how Bouknight actually calls off the original play-call and makes Gaffney run the alley oop instead. It was a high bb iq play AND an example of insane athleticism.

Edit: here's the clip starting at 37m 04s

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Wasn't this the game where he rattled off like 12 straight points?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Does anyone remember all the sssh talking ECU was doing right before that dunk? At the time I swore they intentionally drew that up to shut them up. Obviously it ended up being more than statement to ecu, best dunk I've seen in UConn history.

Reaction Score
That set was specifically designed to get the ball in Gaffney's hands, and Bouk the lob. Speaks volumes about Hurley's confidence in our freshman class

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember all the sssh talking ECU was doing right before that dunk? At the time I swore they intentionally drew that up to shut them up. Obviously it ended up being more than statement to ecu, best dunk I've seen in UConn history.
Can’t wait to see the dunks we get from Bouk and Jackson next year

Reaction Score
My favorite dunk of all time in cbb was that one handed grant hill dunk but this surpassed it. Absolutely frikken ridiculous dunk.

Reaction Score
My favorite dunk of all time in cbb was that one handed grant hill dunk but this surpassed it. Absolutely frikken ridiculous dunk.
Listen I’m not trying to piss in anyone’s Cheerios but fav cbb dunk of all time? Really? Did you ever watch Vince Carter play? He had like 25 dunks better than this a season. I get the grading on a curve cause we all bleed blue and white but still.

Reaction Score
Listen I’m not trying to piss in anyone’s Cheerios but fav cbb dunk of all time? Really? Did you ever watch Vince Carter play? He had like 25 dunks better than this a season. I get the grading on a curve cause we all bleed blue and white but still.
My favorite dunk of all time, Ben Gordon's thunderous slam against Duke's trees in the national semi final. 2004 I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom