Villinova has applied for ACC? | The Boneyard

Villinova has applied for ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So who had applied before the weekend???...It sounds like UConn did not apply until yesterday.

1. Pitt
2. Cuse
3. Nova
4. ECU
5. UCF
6. USF
7. Rutgers
8. TCU
9. Temple
10. Texas (feel apart due to LHN)
11. Tex Tech (see Texas)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pitt and Syracuse totally screwed everyone. The ACC will accept two schools as partial members, with half revenue shares.

Reaction Score
Pitt and Syracuse totally screwed everyone. The ACC will accept two schools as partial members, with half revenue shares.

They won't due that and poison their own well. Like any other business partnership, it has to be all equal or some members will be stigmatized. We are talking about stuffy administrators of universities here. They are ruthless, but not uncouth.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They won't due that and poison their own well. Like any other business partnership, it has to be all equal or some members will be stigmatized. We are talking about stuffy administrators of universities here. They are ruthless, but not uncouth.

Hopefully you are right. But if you are the ACC, and ESPN says that UConn/Rutgers is worth $40 million to the TV deal, why would you give that all to UConn/Rutgers? Or even split it evenly? The schools are desperate and there are more sellers than buyers. It is a buyer's market.

Reaction Score
Hopefully you are right. But if you are the ACC, and ESPN says that UConn/Rutgers is worth $40 million to the TV deal, why would you give that all to UConn/Rutgers? Or even split it evenly? The schools are desperate and there are more sellers than buyers. It is a buyer's market.

isn't that what caused this mess to begin with - LHN?

Reaction Score

guess who makes more money each year from tv deal: USC, Utah or Washington State?

Reaction Score
I could see a 16 team ACC, with Nova as a 17 for other sports. 17 is a great basketball number for scheduling. Play everyone once. Boom. Done. Plus, a basketball conference with Duke, UNC, Maryland, Pitt, Syracuse, UConn, Villanova could gain revenue that could seriously rival many football conferences. Hell, the future ACC could always have the entire Final Four.

Even add Georgetown for 18. Play everyone once and a rival twice for 18 games. (FSU-MIA, CLEM-GT, NCST-WAKE, UNC-DUKE, UVA-VT, MD-G'TOWN, PITT-SU, NOVA-RU, CT-BC) That's better than 90% of NBA games.

Reaction Score
Excuse me ... but why would we believe John Swofford on the number. He would/could say 321 & I'd be damn skeptical. I do give the guy credit: but frankly, OUR sport is seriously crap at the moment ... and he is MY poster child.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I can't find any NBA game that isn't better than UConn/BC

C'mon man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I hear Hall High in West Hartford applied too along with Sillynova.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Villianova applied to the SEC. The Security and Exchange Commission to issue WildCat junk bonds to revamp the soccer field and add 10,000 cheap ass bleachers and stain them some sick shade of blue.

Reaction Score
The ACC has already stated that it would not take partial members.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
FWIW, last spring when Nova upgrading to the BE in football appeared to be a done deal (a ridiciulous one at that, and something that played an enormous role in what is now transpiring) a couple of Nova posters (on their rivals board) were convinced that the minute they became a BE football school the ACC would make a move to grab them.

Those statements reminded me of Johnny Carson's joke (after Jimmy Carter won the '76 presidential election) that Billy Carter would be appointed to attorney general once he completed his correspondence course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom