Villanova's Harry Perretta Retiring After 2019-2020 Season | The Boneyard

Villanova's Harry Perretta Retiring After 2019-2020 Season

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wow....42 seasons at the helm of Villanova for Harry P.! And his top assistant, Joe Mullaney, has now been there for 22 of them, in between HC stints at Providence and St. John's.

Impossible to forget Big East battles that would wage beween the Wildcats and both UConn and Notre Dame. Here's the Villanoval press release:

His best player, 6'1" senior Mary Gedaka, led the team in both scoring (14.4 ppg) and rebounding (6.8 rpg) last year. She'll graduate at the end of this year, as well, so there will be a new look on the Main Line next year.

Villanova gave Notre Dame a heck of a battle in the 2017 NCAA tournament at South Bend. MM had a deja vu moment from the Big East days of yore during that game, I'm sure.

Class act. All the best....

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Perretta is my prime example for the difference in how universities see men’s hoops and women’s hoops differently. I’m not saying it’s good or bad, just different. Harry wouldn’t have lasted 8 years as a men’s coach at Nova. Not competing on a national level, playing a style that makes it hard for his teams to compete with the better programs. Maybe his way is better, but whatever. He was probably more fun to watch than his teams.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I can't think of Harry Perretta without thinking of a hottub in Knoxville :D
Lol. I remember that picture.
That was one of my early forays into the world of photoshop humor but to this day still is one of the best.

triangle4.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom