OT: - Villanova's Finneran Pavilion = sold out = 6,501 seating: State of the Art building | The Boneyard

OT: Villanova's Finneran Pavilion = sold out = 6,501 seating: State of the Art building

Reaction Score
I checked out what is the seating capacity at Finneran Pavilion. Yes, it is "only 6,501 seats",
but the building is a "State of The Art", 65 Milllon Dollar facility. It was rebuilt in 2018 and it was 100%
donor financed. The Video about the facility is very impressive. I hope to see 6,501 unhappy
Wildcat Fans this afternoon at about 4:30 PM. GO HUSKIES! Should be a great game!!!

Reaction Score
Congrats to Villanova on the sellout.congrats also to Mary and the UConn fans who were big favors in the sellout.

Hope the game gets 1/2 million or more TV viewers as well. WBB needs the viewers for a P-6 BB Conference

Reaction Score
looks like the big east is taken advantage of uconn being in the big east… I don’t think it helped the aac that much…I’ll be curious to see how recruiting is going for the rest of the big east.. this game has got to help

Reaction Score
Question:

During the years that UConn was not in the BE,.how often did more than one BE ( the champ) qualify for the tournament? If frequently, how many teams made the tournament per year on average.

Yeah, I’m to lazy to search for info, Educate me.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I checked out what is the seating capacity at Finneran Pavilion. Yes, it is "only 6,501 seats",
but the building is a "State of The Art", 65 Milllon Dollar facility. It was rebuilt in 2018 and it was 100%
donor financed. The Video about the facility is very impressive. I hope to see 6,501 unhappy
Wildcat Fans this afternoon at about 4:30 PM. GO HUSKIES! Should be a great game!!!
We have a much better chance of winning this game now that Caroline is back......and better than ever. :rolleyes: The UConn women are still a BIG draw on the road. This game is also on national TV on the FS1 network. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
It will cozy and loud. The perfect venue for a Saturday afternoon.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
looks like the big east is taken advantage of uconn being in the big east… I don’t think it helped the aac that much…I’ll be curious to see how recruiting is going for the rest of the big east.. this game has got to help
Your speculation is wrong. The American attendance was helped greatly by having UConn in it and vaulted to the 6th most attended conference by average attendance. I had posted on those numbers a few different times.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Question:

During the years that UConn was not in the BE,.how often did more than one BE ( the champ) qualify for the tournament? If frequently, how many teams made the tournament per year on average.

mostlysane GIF by Prajakta  Koli

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think they are on FOX
I just checked the channel guide. They ARE on FOX!!! not FS1. Thanks for the assist. :) A UConn double-header today. The men are on FOX now hosting Seton Hall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Question:

Yeah, I’m too lazy to search for info, Educate me.
Auriemma has said that the BE was already getting 3-4 teams in each year before they joined. So i looked it up, looks like average of 3 the prior 4 years UConn rejoined.

2019: depaul, marquette
2018: depaul, marquette, creighton, villanova
2017: depaul, marquette, creighton
2016: depaul, st. john’s, seton hall

What’s disappointing is Depaul has been downward ever since UConn joined. With Bruno getting less top 100 recruits than he used to.

Reaction Score
Question:

The answer is every year. There were always 2-4 BIG East schools in the tournament before UConn rejoined. Creighton, Marquette, St JohnS, Seton Hall, Nova, and DePaul all made it in different combinations.

In a ten team conference that’s pretty good.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I just checked the channel guide. They ARE on FOX!!! not FS1. Thanks for the assist. :) A UConn double-header today. The men are on FOX now hosting Seton Hall.
Carnac, you can always check the Prognosticator's Predictions, I always post where it can be watched on TV.;)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Auriemma has said that the BE was already getting 3-4 teams in each year before they joined. So i looked it up, looks like average of 3 the prior 4 years UConn rejoined.

2019: depaul, marquette
2018: depaul, marquette, creighton, villanova
2017: depaul, marquette, creighton
2016: depaul, st. john’s, seton hall

What’s disappointing is Depaul has been downward ever since UConn joined. With Bruno getting less top 100 recruits than he used to.
Actually I think it's more that the other teams in the Big East are getting more top 100 which hinders Bruno in his recruiting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom