Villanova Recruits | The Boneyard

Villanova Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't really follow recruiting but I was wondering. I read where the Phoenix Suns are going hard after Jay Wright. If Phoenix signs Wright, are there any of his current commits, we could snatch up? Any of his commits we were also recruiting?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Phoenix is a dumpster fire right now. Coaches like Billy Donovan and Fred Hoiberg leave for the NBA because they inherit teams with guys like Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, or franchise's with history like the Bulls and the Celtics in Brad Steven's case.

Jay Wright isn't going anywhere, especially after this National Championship and the possible recruiting ripple effect it will cause.

Reaction Score
Given Wright has under achieved for years, Phoenix might be his ticket to a big payday. And he would be smart to take it.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt he leaves. He has had NBA offers in the past. He is a college coach, but I do think NBA players would like him. Villanova will dominate the Big East as long as Jay Wright is there. He seems like a loyal guy.

Reaction Score
Given Wright has under achieved for years, Phoenix might be his ticket to a big payday. And he would be smart to take it.

Maybe smart from a short-term financial standpoint, but not smart from a long-term legacy/winning standpoint. Villanova could dominate the Big East for years to come and could build off the NC this year. Their team this year reminded me of the 99 UConn team. They had less talent than UConn'99 but the way they executed and how each team member knew their role and stepped up in big moments was similar.

People said Calhoun underachieved/couldn't win the big game early on and look what happened after the NC in 99. We all know what is possible after you get over the hump.

Reaction Score

In what world has Wright under-achieved? He's lost in first weekend as a top two seed a couple times, but that doesn't equate to under-achieving. Villanova is a good job but not a great one - to have them perennially in the mix is more than you could ask for.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The story for about a decade has been that Wright would only leave Nova for an NBA job and then it would have to be the right NBA job. Unless he sees a clear path to success he isn't taking an NBA job regardless of pay.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
People said Calhoun underachieved/couldn't win the big game early on and look what happened after the NC in 99. We all know what is possible after you get over the hump.
In what world has Wright under-achieved? He's lost in first weekend as a top two seed a couple times, but that doesn't equate to under-achieving. Villanova is a good job but not a great one - to have them perennially in the mix is more than you could ask for.

Funny thing is, JC won his first title at 56 years old. Jay Wright is 54.

Reaction Score
Just two sentences and you get it all wrong. Jay Wright underachieving is laughable and leaving for Phoenix now would be really stupid.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
What would your response be if a Villanova fan said "OKC is interested in Kevin Ollie. If he goes, which of his recruits could we snatch up"?
That's your answer.

Reaction Score
Jay has said many times that he loves being at Nova.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What would your response be if a Villanova fan said "OKC is interested in Kevin Ollie. If he goes, which of his recruits could we snatch up"?
That's your answer.
Id list our recruits for them... Am I supposed to be offended by this question?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Jay Wright has underachieved, if you ignore the fact he just won a NATIONAL TITLE.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Id list our recruits for them... Am I supposed to be offended by this question?
No, I'm just saying I don't think either are leaving. Both are in great situations, coming off recent national championships and recruiting is high.

Reaction Score
Given Wright has under achieved for years,

What's wrong about this is that Jay has the opportunity to affect teenagers and young adults lives while in his care. If his players become good father's, contributors to society, and other commendable qualities then he has more than achieved.

I know you meant basketball, but its important to consider the bigger context when discrediting a Coach. Caron does not have a ring but he turned his life around crediting Calhoun. If Jay Wright (and other long term coaches) had a similar impact on many of his players then fukk the ring.

Just saying its about producing 'winners' as well as winning. Every parent (particularly single mothers) appreciates a Coach producing the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom