Villanova Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Villanova Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Made 75% and shot well late but missed some front ends of one and ones. Every point counts and it’s not deniable that this year’s squad hasn’t shot free throws as well as last year’s. I’m very happy with the win but would love to see a slight uptick at the line.
Are you sure they were front ends take out the 4 Samson and Clingan misdeed and I know one was the backend of a 1&1 so that leaves one!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If the standard is that we'll struggle without 2 of our 5 starters then there are 0 good teams this year. It would be nice to get more from Ball and Stewart, but that's a nice bonus, not necessary
Was trying to say losing even 1 at a time is a significant drop off for us. Going from title favorite to top 5ish is still very awesome, but having at least one more Joey/Alleyne level bench guy would take a lot of stress away.

Reaction Score
What was Hurley yelling at McConnell about when Tristen was shooting FTs at the end?
The announcer to you, Mcconnell the was dealing with jawboning as excuse to try to freeze tristan by delaying giving him the ball

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
We win by ten if we actually used him on offense rather than launching 25 footers.

I love the 3 ball, but there’s a few times we have that lob angle from either top or wing, and the guards weren’t hitting him. Especially in the last few minutes milking some small leads.

Reaction Score
I may have that wrong. But we are shooting 72.8% from the line this year. That is blatantly true. I really really really hope that does not come back to bite us in a nail biter during the tournament. Villanova shot almost 83% tonight. That’s more along the lines of what the 2022-2023 UConn team brought.
Last year we shot 76%, so with our 20 FT attempts per game that we average that's an extra 0.6 points per game. If that's a significant difference to you then I don't really have anything else to say to you.

And our closing lineup of Newton, Diarra, Spencer, Castle, Karaban are 5 good to great FT shooters, which is really all that matters for the discussion

Reaction Score
It’s a good sign that the complaint has gone from “this team can’t win close games” to “this team has to play close games that they win.”

I’m thrilled with any road win in conference. Villanova aren’t bums. They’re good. And O’Connell brings down the vibe with his mere presence.

Reaction Score
Are you sure they were front ends take out the 4 Samson and Clingan misdeed and I know one was the backend of a 1&1 so that leaves one!
I stated under another comment I probably remembered it incorrectly. Still would like to see the free throw percentage tick up 2-3 points.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Made 75% and shot well late but missed some front ends of one and ones. Every point counts and it’s not deniable that this year’s squad hasn’t shot free throws as well as last year’s. I’m very happy with the win but would love to see a slight uptick at the line.
Completely wrong on what transpired this evening.

Reaction Score
We need a heck of a lot more than 2 and 2 from our starting center. I thought we played really bad tonight. Lucky to come away with a win.

Reaction Score
I may have that wrong. But we are shooting 72.8% from the line this year. That is blatantly true. I really really really hope that does not come back to bite us in a nail biter during the tournament. Villanova shot almost 83% tonight. That’s more along the lines of what the 2022-2023 UConn team brought.
Keep searching for your validation

Reaction Score
Was trying to say losing even 1 at a time is a significant drop off for us. Going from title favorite to top 5ish is still very awesome, but having at least one more Joey/Alleyne level bench guy would take a lot of stress away.
That I can agree with. All I'll say about that is that last year at this time Joey was unplayable and buried on the bench. So a bit early to write off those guys contributing on a March run. Especially Stewart who seems to be gaining Hurley's trust by the day, and feels like he's on the verge of breaking out offensively

Reaction Score
Last year we shot 76%, so with our 20 FT attempts per game that we average that's an extra 0.6 points per game. If that's a significant difference to you then I don't really have anything else to say to you.

And our closing lineup of Newton, Diarra, Spencer, Castle, Karaban are 5 good to great FT shooters, which is really all that matters for the discussion
We are shooting about 3% worse from the line this year. There’s not much to complain about with a team ranked first that’s on a very nice winning streak. But I don’t envision blowing people out in the tournament the way we did last year. It’s my opinion. You can disagree with it. The numbers are what they are.

Reaction Score
Ball and Stewart gotta figure out how to contribute, our lack of depth could be the death of this team.
It's not easy when getting such infrequent minutes but it would be a huge plus if they can learn to make plays with what little they're given.

Ball began to play very well just before Castle returned when he was getting rotation minutes.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
But your original take about tonight was blatantly wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom