Villanova Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Villanova Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Not terribly upset about what happened tonight. If we lose by 10 it's a totally different story, but we could have won. As many have said, Sanogo with a pretty brutal performance. Number of misses within 5 feet just unbelievable. But at the end of the day we've played wire to wire with a championship contender twice now. Little extra time to get some rest and get ready for the tourney.

Reaction Score
Definition of insane is doing the same thing but expecting a different result. playing Sanoga in second half was insane. He kills them. There’s a reason why the college games is ruled by guards.
We got killed when he went out. They scored on possession after possession. He shot awful but his D was pretty good.

Reaction Score
It was a battle. Not our best game, but the guys left it all out there. Nothing more we can ask. On to the NCAAs. Let’s enjoy the fact that we aren’t a bubble team. That’s a nice feeling.
Amen to that

Reaction Score
Somethings off with his hand. He’s never been incredibly efficient. But something is bothering him
Dislocated finger recently...stll taped

Reaction Score
Sanogo just had a bad game. I’m not sure why our 5th year 2021 6th Man of the year who hits clutch 3s doesn’t play til the game is over
I wanted Polley in there but Wright was going at him on offense and he couldn't guard their guys. Whaley kept us in the game at the end with his defense. Hurley coached a very good game, we win if Sanogo dunks the ball.

Reaction Score
Why did we intentionally foul with 25ish seconds left? We were only down 3 and there was time left on the clock

I wondered the same thing. We just saw a team win the SoCon in a very similar situation. Not sure why we didn't just bank on playing tough D and then calling a timeout (we still had one left IIRC).

Reaction Score
find me a clip then…. Not off a break or a wide open lane to the hoop. An actual post move dunk under the hoop..
Ahh, that’s a very different statement than I’ve never seen him dunk in the post.

Reaction Score
25 seconds game clock, 20 seconds shot clock, nowhere near enough time to do anything.
Id take my chances there before fouling the best free throw shooting team in the country

Reaction Score
I actually think Adana wants to redeem himself and has a hell of a tourney. The teams that we see that haven’t seen him are in for a beating. I think we go farther than I originally thought. Elite 8 this year at least.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The more experienced team one - not the better team
Makes a huge difference
They beat St Johns and UConn on experience, not panicking
UConn had it's chances but your two 1st team all NBE players have to play much better - I understand that Cole was ragged by covering Gillespie but Sanogo's offense in both games this week was real bad
Martin was best offensive player and IW was best defensive player and neither even sniffed NBE teams
I think UConn can do some damage in the dance but need Sanogo and Cole on top of their games

Reaction Score
Sanogo just had a bad game. I’m not sure why our 5th year 2021 6th Man of the year who hits clutch 3s doesn’t play til the game is over
Because we aren’t going to play two traditional bigs against Villanova? Sanogo gave us the best chance to win. It just didn’t work out.

Reaction Score
I get upset at Sanogo then realize he's a soph not going pro. Eases the sting. He kind of seems gassed. Love ya kid. He needs to realize who he is again. A beast.

If Cole doesn't come back, maybe Hurley has evil plans for Andre as PG? May not be a bad idea.

Kids played hard. Nova did too. Could have gone either way, we definitely had our chances.

On to the big dance. Proud to be a Husky.

Reaction Score
Maybe they win a game or two in the tourney, but they will need supplementary pts from Hawkins or Polley. It's just not a strong offensive team.

Reaction Score
Because we needed points. Duh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom