Villanova is the Blueprint | The Boneyard

Villanova is the Blueprint

Reaction Score
Don’t look now. Jay Wright just signed another five star recruit in JRE.

This happens on the same day our football coach told reporters his team will be competitive in 5 years. Less than 4,000 fans saw randy get out coached by UMass.

I believe the big east is the 3rd best basketball league, and is not going anywhere any time soon. I believe UConn could have the same successes Villanova is experiencing.

#bringbackthebrand

Reaction Score
This kills the Jayhawks, JRE iirc is a Kansas native and was considered a KU lean for over a year before a few weeks ago. Just goes to show how much Jay Wright has indeed built up Nova.

Reaction Score
We can and will get 5-stars despite not being in the NBE. Would I love the competition, yes. But I need real football too! Find me a solution that works...

Reaction Score
Because if we can ever become good enough to play in a bottom level bowl game, I guess the $ is worth it

Well according to the man in charge, don’t expect that for at least five years. But he does have some great guys coming into the program.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Well according to the man in charge, don’t expect that for at least five years. But he does have some great guys coming into the program.
Five years!?!?!? SMH

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Football is a lot more difficult and lengthy rebuild than basketball. Especially considering where our football program is talent wise

I don’t follow the football but I didn’t realize that the talent level was that weak on the team. So Randy inherited nothing and it’s a complete 100% rebuild. Yep, that takes 3-4 years

Reaction Score
To get back on topic, 'Nova is the blueprint. Their style is what I would wish us to emulate. What's potentially scary is that they have been utterly dominant with good, not great recruiting. Now that they are pulling top guys, they should be perennial title contenders. I believe the system that Wright plays is that good and has been for a very long time.

Reaction Score
Football is a lot more difficult and lengthy rebuild than basketball. Especially considering where our football program is talent wise
We've been D1 for 16 years and we were better our first year of D1 when we still played at Memorial Stadium. In year 20 will we have a chance of being as good as we were in year 1 when we were playing in a high school stadium?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score

Ok. Maybe UConn could consider dropping down a level. There’s just not enough good college football players to go around for the infinite amount of college programs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom