Villanova Game | The Boneyard

Villanova Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a print out of the 2015 schedule that was listed a few months ago. I looked today and notice the Villanova game was moved from Saturday to Thursday. Anyone else catch this?

Reaction Score
IIRC, the opening game has been on a Thursday night for about 7 or 8 years now. If your print out of the schedule wasn't from UConn, they probably assumed the game would be Saturday.

Reaction Score
IIRC, the opening game has been on a Thursday night for about 7 or 8 years now. If your print out of the schedule wasn't from UConn, they probably assumed the game would be Saturday.
Alternatively, perhaps it was a response to some Boneyarders complaining no matter when a game is scheduled or regardless of the topic. Connecticut, land of steady habits. The Boneyard, land of steady whining.
:rolleyes:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
too early for an attendance guess for a Thursday night FB game during the first week back to school for kids, right before labor day weekend, in a dimly lit parking lot, against FCS school-

29877 announced...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
too early for an attendance guess for a Thursday night FB game during the first week back to school for kids, right before labor day weekend, in a dimly lit parking lot, against FCS school-

29877 announced...
Is it an international friendly soccer match and are the kids whiny 6 year olds who are ultra concerned about traffic and finding the car?

Reaction Score
when do the season ticket packages come out??

Reaction Score
when do the season ticket packages come out??
No when do the 2 season ticket packages come? Good choice of seats one gets the visitor side the other the home side. End-zones will be roped off. In addition to two regular season games included are 10 pre-season games.

Reaction Score
Actually I have a 2014 preseason printout from the UCONN website (2015 edition here) hanging up at my desk and it says "2015: September 5, Villanova; ..."

Reaction Score
I have a print out of the 2015 schedule that was listed a few months ago. I looked today and notice the Villanova game was moved from Saturday to Thursday. Anyone else catch this?

Projected starting line up (Not including any 2015 recruits)
Very basic and could be many changes based on player development, etc.
Hopefully these guys will all be bigger, faster, smarter, stronger, quicker and hungrier!
OFFENSE
WR 85 Lucas, Thomas SO
WR 1 Bradley, Dhameer JR
LT 71 Levy, Richard RS JR
LG 63 Crozier, Ryan SO
C 70 Bockeloh, Kyle RS JR
RG 60 Samra, Tyler SR
RT 53 Knappe, Andreas RS JR
TE 49 McQuillan, Sean RS SR
QB 14 Boyle, Tim JR
RB 22Johnson, Ron SO
FB 34 Clax, Jazzmar RS JR
DEFENSE
DE 95 Adeyemi, Kenton RS SR
NT 90 Campenni, Julian RS SR
DT 97 Fatukasi, Folorunso RS SO
DE 47 10 Stapleton, Cameron RS SO
ILB 46 Vann, Marquise RS SR
ILB 39 Joseph, Junior RS SO
OLB 2 Stewart, Graham RS SR
CB 21 Summers, Jamar SO
FS 23 Lee, Wilbert RS SR
SS 22 Adams, Andrew RS SR
CB 6 Williams, Jhavon RS JR
SPECIAL TEAMS
P 42 Wain, Justin RS JR
PK 17 Puyol, Bobby RS JR
LS 66 Manco, Dominick RS SR
H 82 Feagles, Blake RS SO
PR 18 Lemelle, Brian SO
KR 22 Newsome, Arkeel SO 26 Marriner SO

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hopefully these guys will all be bigger, faster, smarter, stronger, quicker and hungrier!
OFFENSE
WR 85 Lucas, Thomas SO
WR 1 Bradley, Dhameer JR

I don't know how Noel Thomas isn't listed here.

Reaction Score
I don't know how Noel Thomas isn't listed here.
Neither is Obi. Ron Johnson is #3 not 22. For the most part it looks about right, aside from no Obi or Noel Thomas. Probably just a typo, 2 ILB and one OLB?

Reaction Score
  • I'm not so sure Boyle will be the guy behind center.
  • Someone mentioned in another thread about Knappe and Levy hopefully being coached up big time by Cummings and Verducci to the point where they might be able to take the next step(up to the pros) and I wanted to add that it takes five lineman working together to produce good things so that a couple can shine enough for that to happen. We need 5 horses(and then another 5 to spell them for a breather).
  • Hoping Stewart picks up a step in his game as there were times when he looked just a wee bit late.
  • Like to see Obi in the starting lineup but only if he learns how not to get burned so badly as last year. The DB's have to figure out how/when to turn their heads and locate the football. they got torched too many times last year not by speed as much as just not being able to turn, locate and swat or intercept.

Reaction Score
  • I'm not so sure Boyle will be the guy behind center.
  • Someone mentioned in another thread about Knappe and Levy hopefully being coached up big time by Cummings and Verducci to the point where they might be able to take the next step(up to the pros) and I wanted to add that it takes five lineman working together to produce good things so that a couple can shine enough for that to happen. We need 5 horses(and then another 5 to spell them for a breather).
  • Hoping Stewart picks up a step in his game as there were times when he looked just a wee bit late.
  • Like to see Obi in the starting lineup but only if he learns how not to get burned so badly as last year. The DB's have to figure out how/when to turn their heads and locate the football. they got torched too many times last year not by speed as much as just not being able to turn, locate and swat or intercept.
I'm not either. If I had to guess it would be Sherriff but at the same time I see the potential for Tyler Davis to step up at some point. He seems like a genuine leader and he wants it. This competition should also help Tim Boyle, so let's wait and see.

As far as Knappe and Levy taking it to another level, that was me. These guys are massive human beings. I wouldn't be surprised if they bulk up to 320 this year. Diaco said at the presser that Knappe actually looks like an O tackle now. Of course you need 5 guys on the line and want all ten guys to up their game and execute as a unit. I just think the two tackles in particular have a huge upside.

Stewart will be fine and I inadvertently left Obi off the list. He is a starter in my book.

Reaction Score
Actually I have a 2014 preseason printout from the UCONN website (2015 edition here) hanging up at my desk and it says "2015: September 5, Villanova; ..."

Check the link again. It now shows September 3 as the date for the Villanova game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Check the link again. It now shows September 3 as the date for the Villanova game.

I can't find the link but I swear FBSschedules on twitter had the offical annoucement from Villanova on the change.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not either. If I had to guess it would be Sherriff but at the same time I see the potential for Tyler Davis to step up at some point. He seems like a genuine leader and he wants it. This competition should also help Tim Boyle, so let's wait and see.

As far as Knappe and Levy taking it to another level, that was me. These guys are massive human beings. I wouldn't be surprised if they bulk up to 320 this year. Diaco said at the presser that Knappe actually looks like an O tackle now. Of course you need 5 guys on the line and want all ten guys to up their game and execute as a unit. I just think the two tackles in particular have a huge upside.

Stewart will be fine and I inadvertently left Obi off the list. He is a starter in my book.

I would be shocked if Boyle starts against Nova for any reason other than injuries.

I'm not the first to propose it - but it may be a good idea if Obi took the Deleston path. (A move from safety to linebacker for our newer fans)

They might catch lightning in a bottle with Knappe. He seems to have a range from worst player on field to first team all conference.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
I would be shocked if Boyle starts against Nova for any reason other than injuries.

I'm not the first to propose it - but it may be a good idea if Obi took the Deleston path. (A move from safety to linebacker for our newer fans)

They might catch lightning in a bottle with Knappe. He seems to have a range from worst player on field to first team all conference.

Moving Obi down a level to backer would be a smart move. Most athletic player on the D, use him as an OLB. Can use him to rush passer and to cover backs/tight ends. I have been pushing for this for a while. He is an okay safety, who can be a beast at linebacker.

By the way, think you are thinking of Donta Moore, not Dehleston.

Reaction Score
Dan Oak will be the starting center.
Carrezola should regain his spot rfom Stapleton

Reaction Score
Moving Obi down a level to backer would be a smart move. Most athletic player on the D, use him as an OLB. Can use him to rush passer and to cover backs/tight ends. I have been pushing for this for a while. He is an okay safety, who can be a beast at linebacker.

By the way, think you are thinking of Donta Moore, not Dehleston.

I was thinking Brian Urlacher ;), but I think you're both right about the move.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
OFFENSE
WR 85 Lucas, Thomas SO
WR 1 Bradley, Dhameer JR
LT 71 Levy, Richard RS JR
LG 63 Crozier, Ryan SO
C 70 Bockeloh, Kyle RS JR
RG 60 Samra, Tyler SR
RT 53 Knappe, Andreas RS JR
TE 49 McQuillan, Sean RS SR
QB 14 Boyle, Tim JR
RB 22Johnson, Ron SO
FB 34 Clax, Jazzmar RS JR