Villanova Game Pregame | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Villanova Game Pregame

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
says there will be a pep rally before hand
Any updates on this pep rally? I have 5 friends ready to be loud and disorderly lmao

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What are the top 5 bars to pre game and then watch the game when you don’t have tickets but want to be the close to the action?

Not familiar with Hartford. Only know how to get to XL and home LOL
I'll go with:
Tavern
Vaughn's
City Steam
Rocking Horse
Four Dads, maybe

g_smith

Reaction Score
If there is a pep rally outside Russian Lady that's perfect. I agree with @CTBasketball...Pratt needs more bars and stuffing as many people as possible into Vaughn's isn't fun anymore. There's 4 bars right next to each other on Ann Uccello Street - Rocking Horse, Russian Lady (which has multiple floors), The Tavern, and Agave. Plus it's a very short walk from Pig's Eye and Black Eyed Sally's. I would recommend hanging out over there. That's where we will be.
How would you rank the bars for best watch party?

g_smith

Reaction Score
I'll go with:
Tavern
Vaughn's
City Steam
Rocking Horse
Four Dads, maybe
Appreciate it! Getting there around 3 to give ourselves time to land a good spot. Sounds like they’re all close which is great for hopping

Reaction Score
Appreciate it! Getting there around 3 to give ourselves time to land a good spot. Sounds like they’re all close which is great for hopping
I wouldnt have given you 5. Tavern is best viewing.

Vaughn's is best to be amongst the crowd. Smaller venue and less TVs.

City stream and rocking horse have TVs but they've never had game audio on when I've been there.

For Dad's, maybe. Manly a bar with a pizza high m oven in the kitchen. Good drink freaks and a few TVs.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Couldn't tell you. Never watched a game at any of them...only pre-gamed. For a watch party I'd probably do City Steam or Tavern.

Reaction Score

Couldn't tell you. Never watched a game at any of them...only pre-gamed. For a watch party I'd probably do City Steam or Tavern.

Tavern is a sports bar. City steam is not.

City stream is a restaurant, brewery, comedy club (yup) with a bar, that has some TVs in the bar. Pretty easy decision.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Tavern is a sports bar. City steam is not.

City stream is a restaurant, brewery, comedy club (yup) with a bar, that has some TVs in the bar. Pretty easy decision.
No way. City Steam has much more space, a bigger and better menu, better beers, is less of a dive, and has probably more TV's. Tavern has always been a let's-throw-a-few-back-without-eating-and-lets-go-to-the-game place. I'd probably do City Steam with a group for the entire game. Just pre-gaming? Tavern all day.

Reaction Score
Tavern has more TVs and more space (with a view of a TV) the entire venue is a sports bar geared towards watching games on their television. And it'll have the game audio on.

They fill up and everyone has a view of their game on NFL Sundays. City Steam can't say that.

His criteria was watch party. I'd go to the best place to watch the game, Tavern. Menu and beer list are lower priority. City stream is a brewery so yes it'll have a long list of it's own beers. Tavern has plenty of good beers on tap as well though.

Going someplace and not getting a good view of a TV or being able to hear the broadcast is the worst experience possible in my opinion.

g_smith

Reaction Score
Thank you @Waquoit @bigknight3 @XLCenterFan for this conversation.

Exact info I’m looking for. I do prefer the game audio & its next to impossible to know which places have that without someone’s insider knowledge.

Yelp isn’t what it used to be & some google reviews aren’t much help either.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Agree with above. If you want a quick bite I like the slices at Two Dads. For beers and a place to cheer with impunity, Tavern and Rocking Horse.

Reaction Score
The Pratt St. website says there is a "UConn Basketball Pep Rally", but clicking the "More Info" button just bring you back to the events page. Does anyone have other info?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Booch never packed up the bottles of liquor at The Federal.

Can always break the glass and drink for free there if you’re super tight on money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom