OT: - Villanova’s Justin Moore sprains ankle vs. Providence | The Boneyard

OT: Villanova’s Justin Moore sprains ankle vs. Providence

Reaction Score
Injuries are adding up for Villanova

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Sheesh... and I thought we were the only ones...

Reaction Score
This kind of crap happened to us over and over in recent years, it does make a difference doesn’t it?

Reaction Score
So should they get a bid? If they give “extra points” for teams that lose their star for part of the season, should they take away points for teams that lose their pg and his backup? Maybe give them a play in slot? Seems only fair?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Despite the injuries Nova made a great comeback and almost beat PeeCee after falling behind big
If Moore can't play for a while it will hurt Nova
They've stayed relatively healthy in recent years and now will see what teams like UConn have been experiencing.
I know a few BYers don't like Gillespie but I appreciate what he brings to table and feel for the kid especially since it's his senior season

Reaction Score
We won the title in 2014, the phrase “7 years bad luck” may hold some weight. Good news is the 7 years is up. It’s our time!
Really do we want a tainted title? I’ll take it but it if We win but it won’t be like beating a good team at its best. It would be sort of like winning the Super Bowl against Tamps wi5h Brady watching from Boca Raton...

Reaction Score
Really do we want a tainted title? I’ll take it but it if We win but it won’t be like beating a good team at its best. It would be sort of like winning the Super Bowl against Tamps wi5h Brady watching from Boca Raton...
The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
We won the title in 2014, the phrase “7 years bad luck” may hold some weight. Good news is the 7 years is up. It’s our time!
technically 7 years would be . . . nevermind.

Reaction Score
In five years, no one will remember who was injured. They would remember UConn winning a BET championship in their triumphant return back to the league. Yeah, I’ll take it.

Reaction Score

I'm sure the teams we played and lost to without Bouk feel the same way. "Poor UConn, we beat them at less than their best."

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
If you ever said anything that indicated that you are really a UConn fan, and know anything at all, I could sniff out something that I agree with. But no.

Reaction Score
Villanova's first game will be tough no matter what with these injuries. But if they do happen to advance, they will definitely pull for Seton Hall. Going through that St. John's full court pressure all game will wear them out as they are much thinner depth wise. I would forsee a lot of turnovers in that one.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Almost makes me wish we ended up the four seed vs. the three.

Reaction Score
Almost makes me wish we ended up the four seed vs. the three.
I want Creighton.

How will Nova be seeded for NCAAT? If they lose their first game in BET could they slip as far as 6? Regardless, whatever double digit seed is matched up with Nova is going to be reaaaaal happy.

Reaction Score
Despite the injuries Nova made a great comeback and almost beat PeeCee after falling behind big
If Moore can't play for a while it will hurt Nova
They've stayed relatively healthy in recent years and now will see what teams like UConn have been experiencing.
I know a few BYers don't like Gillespie but I appreciate what he brings to table and feel for the kid especially since it's his senior season
I don't like what Gillespie is allowed to get away with, but he's smart to do it as long as they let him get away with it, and would NEVER wish a career-ending (at least college) injury on anyone. Plus once tournament rolls around I always root for our conference brothers and Nova is gonna have a rough go without him AND Moore. Tough way to end what could have been another good run for them.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
gotta feel bad for them. these are two tough breaks at the wrong time of year.

Reaction Score
Villanova's a tough, well-coached team that knows how to win. Robinson-Earl is a stud. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they win the BET.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Good grief Mr. Negativity. You want the title and it isn't tainted. What is the alternative, pretend we would have lost and just hand it to Villanova? I think we'd beat them at full strength anyway.

Reaction Score
Good grief Mr. Negativity. You want the title and it isn't tainted. What is the alternative, pretend we would have lost and just hand it to Villanova? I think we'd beat them at full strength anyway.
If you can't tell from all his posts freescooter hates UConn, I don't know what team he roots for but it certainly isn't UConn. After our last 2 national championships he took a year off from posting.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Villanova's a tough, well-coached team that knows how to win. Robinson-Earl is a stud. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they win the BET.
Yup they still have talent, and Jay’s system. They lost two great players, but there is some interchangeable parts and JRE is high level talent. Counting nova out is not smart.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you can't tell from all his posts freescooter hates UConn, I don't know what team he roots for but it certainly isn't UConn. After our last 2 national championships he took a year off from posting.

I know, but he's been quiet and now, suddenly, he's back to crap on our potential happiness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom