Vikings Final Season | The Boneyard

Vikings Final Season

Reaction Score
A great show and the trailer for its final season looks great. Opening episode was very good.

Still miss Ragnar....not quite same without him.....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just got Hulu, so I am back filling. Season 3 was awesome. The attack on Paris was as good as any Game of Thrones battle. I don't get where a history channel show gets the budget to do that, but that's not my problem. The battle was great.

All the major characters are interesting. The only place that the low budget shows up is that some of the fringe actors are not great, but I can look past that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The fight scene between Wessex and the Mercian nobles in 4.2 was fantastic.

Making the real life Alfred the Great the son of Althelstan is pretty funny.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
One thing the show doesn't do is propose a theory for why the Vikings decided to conquer the world. It provides a theory for how they went west, but not a why. The Viking invasions of Europe changed the face of the entire continent, and particularly England and Ireland. A backward, sparsely populated, frigid corner of Europe sent forth swarms of raiders and settlers that got as far as Constantinople, Kiev, and Greenland. I know there is no answer because the vikings did not have a written language, but I would have thought a show about Vikings would at least make a guess.

Reaction Score
One thing the show doesn't do is propose a theory for why the Vikings decided to conquer the world. It provides a theory for how they went west, but not a why. The Viking invasions of Europe changed the face of the entire continent, and particularly England and Ireland. A backward, sparsely populated, frigid corner of Europe sent forth swarms of raiders and settlers that got as far as Constantinople, Kiev, and Greenland. I know there is no answer because the vikings did not have a written language, but I would have thought a show about Vikings would at least make a guess.

I kind of take it as "Vikings are going to Viking"....doing it for the swag and because fighting and dying gets them into Valhalla....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Weird take on the ascension of Alfred the Great, and one that is not remotely based on facts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Harald Finehair has some pretty thick plot armor. This guy, based on a real person, spends the show stumbling from one scaleeto-up to another, and not only does he still survive, but there are no consequences for any of his mistakes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Through episode 3 of Season 6.

Love Oleg and Kiev. Show should have gotten there earlier. It is humanizing Ivar.

Lagetha's plot arc "just when I think I am out, they pull be back in" is solid.

My only issue with this season is King Olaf. He is supposed to be the bad guy, but he seems reasonable and intelligent. While the dispute between Olaf and Harald starts off camera, I feel like Harald had it coming. He is a moron. I also don't get why Bjorn would choose to fight Olaf over Harald when both helped Bjorn take Kattegat. Why is Bjorn's loyalty to Harald when Harald is a rolling scaleeto-up factory?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not sure what happened in the midseason finale. I am pretty sure nothing remotely like that happened in real life.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have watched all of these but only got three episodes in this final season and started getting bored. Guess I should catch up.

The biggest plot hole in the series is that nobody bothered to just cave in Ivar's skull with a hammer ages ago. Anybody could do it, even that beautiful wife he killed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom