Viewing opportunities for the 2014-15 season | The Boneyard

Viewing opportunities for the 2014-15 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Now that the season is almost upon us, I'm sure we want to see as many games as we can. What are the opportunities for those of us now far from our Connecticut homes? I have a laptop and no cable, am I sunk? What are you thinking about packages, etc. for the season coming up. CPTV, where are you? Too bad that coverage stopped. I'd put up with the ads to see the games, any day!

Would be glad for any tips, advice, etc.

Reaction Score
Find some way to get SNY. I get it with Direct TV. But you will also be able to watch most of UConn's games on ESPN 3 (along with many other WCB games. Apple TV is a good option for that if you want to avoid watching on the computer. The box cost about a 100 bucks and that's it..... no monthly charges.

Reaction Score
Sign up for watch espn. If you have an hdmi port on your laptop buy an hdmi cable, plug it into your laptop and your tv. The picture is not always as good but you will be able to watch it.

Reaction Score
Find some way to get SNY. I get it with Direct TV. But you will also be able to watch most of UConn's games on ESPN 3 (along with many other WCB games. Apple TV is a good option for that if you want to avoid watching on the computer. The box cost about a 100 bucks and that's it..... no monthly charges.

Well there goes the Apple TV option for me. I went to watch some games that started at 12pm and it now asks what provider you have, shows a list and Direct TV ain't on it. Last year I was able to watch many live and by repeat WCB (including UConn) games through watch espn. It remains to be seen if I will be able to watch repeats. Also the games that started at 12 had an icon of a lock next to it. There are some upcoming games that do not have locks next to it so I wonder if I will be able to watch them.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well there goes the Apple TV option for me. I went to watch some games that started at 12pm and it now asks what provider you have, shows a list and Direct TV ain't on it. Last year I was able to watch many live and by repeat WCB (including UConn) games through watch espn. It remains to be seen if I will be able to watch repeats. Also the games that started at 12 had an icon of a lock next to it. There are some upcoming games that do not have locks next to it so I wonder if I will be able to watch them.
Isn't your 'provider' your internet provider and not you TV provider - I assume you do get on-line somehow!

Reaction Score
Isn't your 'provider' your internet provider and not you TV provider - I assume you do get on-line somehow!

It says to start watching choose your TV provider. I get online through AT&T (not u-verse)

Reaction Score

Looks like I am only locked out of SEC and Big 12 games. There is no lock icon next to UConn/UC Davis so I'm hoping I'll be able to watch it.

Reaction Score
Looks like I am only locked out of SEC and Big 12 games. There is no lock icon next to UConn/UC Davis so I'm hoping I'll be able to watch it.
Johnnyc if you have DirecTV as your satellite provider and AT&T as an internet provider then you WILL NOT be able to watch ANY games on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
Johnnyc if you have DirecTV as your satellite provider and AT&T as an internet provider then you WILL NOT be able to watch ANY games on ESPN3.

I'm watching on Watch ESPN. I just watched Siena at Buffalo.

Reaction Score
I'm watching on Watch ESPN. I just watched Siena at Buffalo.

ESPN3 and watchespn are the same thing right? How are you getting access with only DirecTV and AT&T internet?

Reaction Score
ESPN3 and watchespn are the same thing right? How are you getting access with only DirecTV and AT&T internet?

Read post #4.....I am using Apple TV which has Watch ESPN. The games I tried to watch earlier were SEC games. That is when it asked for my TV provider and you are correct Direct TV wasn't on the list. But from what I can tell I will be able to watch all games except SEC and Big 12. As of now the UConn/UC Davis game does not have a lock icon next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom