View from this Fresno State Fan's Perspective | The Boneyard

View from this Fresno State Fan's Perspective

Reaction Score
First of all, to all of Husky nation, congratulations! That was a victory your team deserved, without a doubt. Your boys came out fired up, and as the game progressed, it was obvious who wanted it more on the field. No excuses. My team came out flat, got punched in the mouth, and never showed the grit that Bulldog teams are known for, which is a massive disappointment for fans such as myself who traveled thousands of miles to watch. But when the other team makes more plays, they rightfully deserve the win. So my hat is tipped to you, and I wish you nothing but the best going into the rest of your season, and beyond. And hopefully our boys will regroup as we head into the conference season.

While the result is not what I wanted, I have to say, the fans I met today are incredible people. Before the game, we were a bit surprised to be shuttled way back to the Grey Lot when there was a ton of parking closer, but I guess that is just how the parking situation goes? Honestly though, it didn't matter. Met a bunch of great people tailgating, and enjoyed handing out the Fresno State wine we brought. Hopefully everyone that got a bottle ends up enjoying it. Before the game, there was someone on another thread that mentioned to visit the Blue Lot, and we had every intention of doing so, but were having too good of a time with our new found friends in the Grey Lot.

At the game itself, sat near the 50 yard line behind my Bulldogs, and really enjoyed the interaction and banter with the fans around us. Always the one guy who loves to yell "Fresno State Sucks!" But that is easily remedied with a toast of beers and a "You're Welcome," response as let's face it... He wasn't wrong today...

This has been an interesting series, and while I don't know that it will ever be renewed again, I did want to say thank you to all the UConn fans out there. You were gracious hosts, and I for one wish you success going forward.

Go Dogs!!!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Thanks for making the trip. Glad you got to experience our tailgate scene. Was fun to play a series against a team we never usually see. Good luck with the rest of your season. Safe travels on your way back.

Reaction Score
Love your insight and perspective. Thanks for that. Your former (legendary) coach Pat Hill was in our tailgate. Great guy. I almost didn’t recognize him without his Manchu. He was worried about the game saying this Fresno team had already penciled it in as a win. His experience told him to be cautious. Good luck to both our teams the rest of the way.
ps—my wife asked why there was a V on your bulldog instead of an F. .

Attachments

• D4369DAA-0FB6-4B73-B408-8F14438CB12A.jpeg
    D4369DAA-0FB6-4B73-B408-8F14438CB12A.jpeg
    760.3 KB · Views: 90
Reaction Score
So nice to see such a perspective after an unexpected outcome! Gracious and classy to be sure! Results aside, the scores of both games were not what was expected, but that's what you want as fans. So here's hoping that we can renew the series! I'm sure your team will regroup and be fine, just caught by surprise today. Ours seems to have taken the escalator up a flight, not just with the result, but in character as well, something we've been waiting to see for a long time! Thanks for making the trip here and hopefully our fan groups encounter each other again soon!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Love your insight and perspective. Thanks for that. Your former (legendary) coach Pat Hill was in our tailgate. Great guy. I almost didn’t recognize him without his Manchu. He was worried about the game saying this Fresno team had already penciled it in as a win. His experience told him to be cautious. Good luck to both our teams the rest of the way.
ps—my wife asked why there was a V on your bulldog instead of an F. .
How did Pat Hill wind up at your tailgate?

Reaction Score
At the game itself, sat near the 50 yard line behind my Bulldogs, and really enjoyed the interaction and banter with the fans around us.
Very gracious and respectable post for sure, appreciated. I have a couple of comments on this with no snark intended.
First I will keep on hoping we get back to a level of respectability that opposing fans will not be able to sit near the 50 yard line.
This due to the fact the only tickets available to visitors is in their corner. :)
This has been an interesting series, and while I don't know that it will ever be renewed again, I did want to say thank you to all the UConn fans out there. You were gracious hosts, and I for one wish you success going forward.
Back at you and I agree on games in the future. We had a few couples in red come by our tailgate and wished them luck. (But not too much.) They were very congenial and we had great conversation as for things to see in New England as they planned their trips to spend a few days on the east coast.
Correct. It is to honor the agricultural roots of the Valley. Big reason why I bring Fresno State Wine when I go on road-trips. It is a tangible way to share the bounty of the Valley, and support the kids who make the wine as part of their program.
Another great attribute on your part. Two schools with dog mascots and agricultural roots to boot. I say I hope we meet again.
History | University of Connecticut
Not to be competitive but we also have a little vino in the house. ;)
Geno Auriemma Wine | The Official Website of Geno Auriemma
Go Dogs!!!!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Thanks for traveling to East Hartford! I hope we get to play a rubber match.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom