View from Sect 122 | The Boneyard

View from Sect 122

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok I promise not to go again this year, to Gampel. It was my first visit and they crapped themselves right in front of me and my son (great day with my buddy though, Willinton Pizza after). Anyway here goes:

Gibbs - I will be as honest as I can because I like the guy. Why does he ever drive to the hole - never finishes? If he's not getting shots from 3 then he needs less minutes. While his defense is much better we need a threat out there on O too, need to see some more Calhoun at times.

Adams - Love what he does. Couldn't believe he missed 9 shots? Oh well he still makes things happen when he goes to the hole good things happen - put backs tap ins - why? because they converge on the kid because he is a playmaker. Need to make more shots but 6 assists and should have had more if people could make a shot - had a nice game

Brimah - Working harder than ever 7 rebounds - 3 in the first 2 minutes - and I give him credit. A couple of nice plays on the O-Boards which is nice too. Missed 2-3 hedges again and tried to block too may when there was no weak side help. He needs th recognize when and when not, he doesn't know and we were burnt. A couple blocks were big but also dropped a huge dunk from Gibbs - have to catch that one. Not bad, not good.

DHam - how can you argue with the stats - 20 and a stat filler. Unfortunately he filled theirs too more than likely more than his. He's a drifter and won't change, pi**es me off.

Miller - Got to see some things today being so close to the court that I haven't seen from the TV. He is constantly telling Brimah and Facey where to be on both ends and gets frustrated, especially on offense. He wants it so bad and he is not happy making up for people's inability to understand the game. I feel for him - having said that keep your hands to yourself the Huskies need you to play 30-35 minutes Shonn. Please know that it's better to throw the red olay out there than to read.

Purvis - some good, some awful. His defense on Dotson was tremendous as when he finally guarded him Dotson was silent for a while. But he missed lay ups again and couldn't make a three, actually not even close. There's no denying he's become a stopper on D but he needs to make better decisions and lay ups from here on in. Ok I know he won't but like everyone else, he's frustrating.

Omar - He was fine, needed more court time from my viewpoint. Gibbs isn't scoring maybe allow OC to give it a run a little more. And he rebounds a little too.

Enoch - Is it against the law to play a zone and maybe play him and AB together to crash the boards and hit some people. His jumper looks good from the baseline and he is getting better, why not a couple more minutes? Again when you throw it into AB he's worthless (has he it the rim with a jump hook this year?) so let's try it with Steve. And he can pass, he threw one out to Omar for a 3 form down low a very nice look.

Facey - Frustrating. Comes in makes a play on both ends but then loses his guy and creates chaos twice in a row on D, once leading to a Miller foul. So much talent but so much more to learn still. Can't have 2 guys like that in the game at the same time.

The gray-haired ref - oldest looking dude - DREADFUL, didn't get a travel right once. Called one on each Adams and then DHam that were NOT violations then watched 2 Houston guys walk into 3's without a dribble. And the call on AB vs Pollard where AB went straight up, this f'er blew the whistle in anticipation, well before the contact occurred. He was awful, no right to do a college basketball game unless Geno is coaching.

Houston - Congrats to them - bigger balls and tougher menyally than our guys. Dotson 22 and 14 - FOURTEEN - nice game and a huge 3 with great defense in his face, huge shot well done.

How many times can I say, in one year, punch in the gut loss? This team is driving me crazy and for now from here, they do not deserve to be in the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
Ok I promise not to go again this year, to Gampel. It was my first visit and they crapped themselves right in front of me and my son (great day with my buddy though, Willinton Pizza after). Anyway here goes:

Gibbs - I will be as honest as I can because I like the guy. Why does he ever drive to the hole - never finishes? If he's not getting shots from 3 then he needs less minutes. While his defense is much better we need a threat out there on O too, need to see some more Calhoun at times.

Adams - Love what he does. Couldn't believe he missed 9 shots? Oh well he still makes things happen when he goes to the hole good things happen - put backs tap ins - why? because they converge on the kid because he is a playmaker. Need to make more shots but 6 assists and should have had more if people could make a shot - had a nice game

Brimah - Working harder than ever 7 rebounds - 3 in the first 2 minutes - and I give him credit. A couple of nice plays on the O-Boards which is nice too. Missed 2-3 hedges again and tried to block too may when there was no weak side help. He needs th recognize when and when not, he doesn't know and we were burnt. A couple blocks were big but also dropped a huge dunk from Gibbs - have to catch that one. Not bad, not good.

DHam - how can you argue with the stats - 20 and a stat filler. Unfortunately he filled theirs too more than likely more than his. He's a drifter and won't change, pi**es me off.

Miller - Got to see some things today being so close to the court that I haven't seen from the TV. He is constantly telling Brimah and Facey where to be on both ends and gets frustrated, especially on offense. He wants it so bad and he is not happy making up for people's inability to understand the game. I feel for him - having said that keep your hands to yourself the Huskies need you to play 30-35 minutes Shonn. Please know that it's better to throw the red olay out there than to read.

Purvis - some good, some awful. His defense on Dotson was tremendous as when he finally guarded him Dotson was silent for a while. But he missed lay ups again and couldn't make a three, actually not even close. There's no denying he's become a stopper on D but he needs to make better decisions and lay ups from here on in. Ok I know he won't but like everyone else, he's frustrating.

Omar - He was fine, needed more court time from my viewpoint. Gibbs isn't scoring maybe allow OC to give it a run a little more. And he rebounds a little too.

Enoch - Is it against the law to play a zone and maybe play him and AB together to crash the boards and hit some people. His jumper looks good from the baseline and he is getting better, why not a couple more minutes? Again when you throw it into AB he's worthless (has he it the rim with a jump hook this year?) so let's try it with Steve. And he can pass, he threw one out to Omar for a 3 form down low a very nice look.

Facey - Frustrating. Comes in makes a play on both ends but then loses his guy and creates chaos twice in a row on D, once leading to a Miller foul. So much talent but so much more to learn still. Can't have 2 guys like that in the game at the same time.

The gray-haired ref - oldest looking dude - DREADFUL, didn't get a travel right once. Called one on each Adams and then DHam that were NOT violations then watched 2 Houston guys walk into 3's without a dribble. And the call on AB vs Pollard where AB went straight up, this f'er blew the whistle in anticipation, well before the contact occurred. He was awful, no right to do a college basketball game unless Geno is coaching.

Houston - Congrats to them - bigger balls and tougher menyally than our guys. Dotson 22 and 14 - FOURTEEN - nice game and a huge 3 with great defense in his face, huge shot well done.

How many times can I say, in one year, punch in the gut loss? This team is driving me crazy and for now from here, they do not deserve to be in the NCAA tourney.
Hard to believe we get a home job against us in Gampel. KO needs to borrow a pair from someone. And call a TO when we get it run right through us instead of waiting for the second one. Either your guys were gassed or they don't belong out there. Just stop it.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe we get a home job against us in Gampel. KO needs to borrow a pair from someone. And call a TO when we get it run right through us instead of waiting for the second one. Either your guys were gassed or they don't belong out there. Just stop it.

In KO's defense he worked them a couple times where the viewers couldn't see. And to the refs defense who I did mention in my OP, it wasn't on him we lost, our guys pi**ed it away not him - he was just as awful blowing the whistle as our defense was.

Reaction Score
In KO's defense he worked them a couple times where the viewers couldn't see. And to the refs defense who I did mention in my OP, it wasn't on him we lost, our guys pi**ed it away not him - he was just as awful blowing the whistle as our defense was.
Houston had 4 fouls on them after about 18 minutes in the second half. We had more on us, including a few more phantoms. We lose every time they let the players play.

Reaction Score
He was pretty mad at one call on brimah, worked the refs 6.5/10 on that saying his arms were straight up.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I hope we can beat SMU and salvage 3 in the AAC Tournament. This team in crunch time situation just collapses. People can't call it "bad luck" when its been happening for 24 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom