Video that will get you jazzed about Courtney Ekmark | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Video that will get you jazzed about Courtney Ekmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She just feels like another Kelly Faris, but she's a blonde so maybe a Larry Bird. Oh wait, he's a guy. Can somebody help me here?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
If she's playing in Final Fours it will be more as a result of the coach, program and school then any business plan.
That seams like a really petty comment.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
If she's playing in Final Fours it will be more as a result of the coach, program and school then any business plan.
Without players with this kind of talent and "Kelly Farris" like commitment- there is no "Program, Uconn or Final Fours" every year-and Geno is the first to say this all the time. That post really was pathetic IMO.

Reaction Score
I think her plan of using her senior year to become physically ready to play at the top of D1 wbb will work to her advantage over the traditional HS route. She is already operating at a high basketball skill level and saw a need to improve her athleticism. Now if she only had a REAL jump shot she would be really effective next year ;)
(Yes, I know. This is what happens when there's too much time between games)

Reaction Score
There are two types of high school recruits. She is the type that has a commitment to be the best player she can be and have a burning desire for a national championship. The other type choose somewhere other than UCONN.

T

TroyHouse66

Sonny44:
<< ...but, she's a blonde so maybe a Larry Bird.>>

Blond & burning desire?...?
How's her rebounding?
Maybe you're thinking of another Dennis Rodman?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Or even more like Nicole Wolfe possibly.
She has Nicole's size and hair. Unfortunately, we never got to see Nicole's true abilities at UConn. I think, though, that Courtney, like Mel, is a superior shooter--90% or so on FTs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This is another version/writing of an old story. How can you avoid being moved. However, it makes me nervous when a young person is so focused-- can she sit on the bench? Talented as she might be, there is little to say that the wing or SG will be hers. Remember we will be overflowing with guards and wings. Even more so if Wilson comes aboard. But yes, people like her and, others of her incoming class are nothing short of delight.
Speaking of that incoming class, was Nurse recruited as a PG? As a PG for the Can. team will it not be expected that she will be developed as such-- even a combo guard? Yet, I see her playing elsewhere-- even with Wilson aboard and, especially if Wilson is not aboard.

Reaction Score
Nurse can play PG , the 2 (SG) and occasionally the 3. Very versatile player. Wherever Geno needs her. Next years team has the possibility of being the best shooting team ever assembled in WCBB.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
hhoering - I am citing you, but others express the same sentiments so I am not really 'calling you out'.
I know we live in an instant gratification society and one with a very short attention span, but the idea that HS stars all want and expect major minutes as college freshman and will be miserable without them annoys me. Almost every top 50 program in the country has multiple players on their bench who were HS stars and who could be getting more minutes or starting if they transferred down the food chain. Some of them do transfer, but more often than not it is about things other than the minutes they play. I find the expectation that a player like Banks or Chong cannot find satisfaction from improving their skills in practice and learning a specific role that adds to the success of the team in games to be almost insulting to the quality of the people the coaches recruit.
The last Geno Show had an interesting short segment with Geno talking about finding the bench and finding those roles.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
She has Nicole's size and hair. Unfortunately, we never got to see Nicole's true abilities at UConn. I think, though, that Courtney, like Mel, is a superior shooter--90% or so on FTs.
U r right about the talent- nicole was a doll, and it was a shame she never got to that level we all hoped she would!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom