Video that will get you jazzed about Courtney Ekmark | The Boneyard

Video that will get you jazzed about Courtney Ekmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If she's playing in Final Fours it will be more as a result of the coach, program and school then any business plan.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Really amazing...and to have a class to work with is great too. We'll learn a new breed of ball: guard ball. Hope it is wonderfully successful.

Reaction Score
If she's playing in Final Fours it will be more as a result of the coach, program and school then any business plan.
Huh? You don't think the skills, will, and resolve of her and about 10 other players will have anything to do with it?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Huh? You don't think the skills, will, and resolve of her and about 10 other players will have anything to do with it?
That's what I meant by program. Think this business plan would work for her at Arizona State?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Could she possibly be more tailor made for UConn? Hell no, sez me. If Geno was dreaming of the perfect form of a UConn girl, well, Ekmark would be the recruit of her dreams...

Reaction Score
I think the "business plan" is to prepare her to make the jump between high school and college(especially the elite UCONN program) as smooth and productive as possible. Then the real work of the coaches and players begins to get them to the final four.

61 TO GO

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She's impressive, no doubt about it, but I worry about the decision to forgo her senior year. Still I am excited about her being a Husky. Smart, composed, charming and talented...what's not to like?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I like the way she introduced her story: I'm sitting right behind the UConn bench at the final four game and then went to dinner with her parents and started her pitch: That (what I just watched) has nothing to do with HS basketball!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
WOW! What an incredibly well grounded young woman and what a terrific family!

Looks like UConn is blessed to be getting Ms. Ekmark, as well. Just when you think this ride couldn't possibly get any better, we get another wonderful new addition to the "UConn Family"...and it does!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This is the story of her "business plan" for this year. This is focus. If she makes it work, I wonder if it will be a trend.

"I can't wait to be playing in those Final Fours."

LINK
Thanks for posting that - really enjoyable.
As for the 'trend' part of it - there are very very few HS students who have completed almost all of their HS graduation requirements by the end of their junior year, and fewer still who are D1 caliber athletes, fewer still female basketball players. So to begin a trend, you are starting with a very very small pool of possible followers. Don't think it is likely to reach 'trend' status.
And I agree that the ability to watch a final four and beyond the excitement of watching your future team perform, to also recognize that what you have been doing up till that moment is nothing like what you just watched is pretty unique. And to take the next step and figure out how to solve that issue or at least ease the transition is also pretty neat. Again, few juniors in HS would be in a position to do anything about that epiphany if they even had it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She was talking about her being able to actually play in the FF (assuming UCONN gets there), as opposed to sitting on the bench watching the other players play. That's what she meant.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
This is the story of her "business plan" for this year. This is focus. If she makes it work, I wonder if it will be a trend.

"I can't wait to be playing in those Final Fours."

LINK
This is GREAT. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to seeing her in a CT Uniform!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
FWIW, at no time during the video did Courtney or her dad use the phrase "business plan".

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
FWIW, at no time during the video did Courtney or her dad use the phrase "business plan".
In fact, there was nothing about it that was a business plan.

HGN

Reaction Score
She seems to know what it might take and she doesn't mind putting in the time.
UConn might have a gem in this young lady.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This is why I think Nurse is so intriguing, too. Courtney decides that one more year of HS basketball isn't going to cut it in terms of getting her physically prepared for D1 basketball at Uconn - so she goes the route of full time training, playing pick-up with men, and practicing with a boys HS team.
Meanwhile up north Nurse is still in school, but just to keep her basketball sharp, she has been moonlighting with the Canadian national team - not age specific - but the one with pros on it. This means she had been playing up, not like Stewart did, by moving up a couple of years with junior teams, but by playing with and against players who are 5 to 14 years older than her with not just college but professional experience. And not just playing on the team but starting at the PG position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom