Video replay of Ducharme's BET head knocks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Video replay of Ducharme's BET head knocks

Reaction Score
I have a question about all this. I've been listening to comments. Haven't looked up NCAAW rules about contact. I've heard and observed that touch fouls will get called out on the perimeter, inside you can use your forearm. But defenders can put their arms in the air and "body up." In the game yesterday, I saw a defender outside the paint go toward the player she was guarding. She didn't reach out to touch, to keep contact like that. Instead she raised her arms and seemed to throw her whole body at the offensive player. There was contact, and the offensive player was clearly moved backwards. In today's context: not a foul. Whatever they were trying to do with rule changes to get more "freedom of movement" has been "loop-holed."
Also, didn't some coach say, "They can't call them all." So longer benches with less-skilled, but athletic players can play with a lot of - what is currently allowed - contact.
Ready to learn more.
I should add: I don't think it's the same in the men's game. I don't watch alot. But it's either not allowed - the "bump-bodying" - or the guys are enough quicker that it's a losing tactic...
Again, ready to learn more.

Reaction Score
I think the point is she wasn’t in rebounding position.
Do you mean after the Georgetown player crashed into Liyah (w/no foul call) who in turn hit Caroline in the side of the head and knocked her down? If Liyah was in a rebounding position how in the world could Caroline not have been? Was she a cm or two too far away?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I should add: I don't think it's the same in the men's game. I don't watch alot. But it's either not allowed - the "bump-bodying" - or the guys are enough quicker that it's a losing tactic...
Again, ready to learn more.
There’s a ton of contact in the men’s game. I think the difference is they have enough body mass to be able to absorb it better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom