Video replay of Ducharme's BET head knocks | The Boneyard

Video replay of Ducharme's BET head knocks

sun

Reaction Score
Video replay of Ducharme's head knocks in the Georgetown BET game.

Reaction Score
I don’t think so. Georgetown was getting crazy physical under the boards during this stretch and Aaliyah just went animal mode and her best V friend Caroline was collateral damage

sun

Reaction Score
Azzi clearly touched the shooter's elbow during the shot but no foul was called.
Then the Georgetown player crashed into Edwards & the chain of events occurred.
Maybe experience will help Carol realize to take a step back to allow the bigs more room to operate under the boards in some situations since there weren't any other Georgetown players around.
Postioning too close under the rim & to the bigs can get rough.

I liked seeing the extreme close up of Azzi's knee brace which showed it's heavy duty metal construction.
Wearing that should help prevent another injury going forward.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Azzi clearly touched the shooter's elbow during the shot but no foul was called.
Then the Georgetown player crashed into Edwards.
Maybe experience will help Carol realize to take a step back to allow the bigs more room to operate under the boards in some situations since there weren't any other Georgetown players around.
Postioning to close under the rim & to the bigs can get rough.

I liked seeing the extreme close up of Azzi's knee brace which showed it's heavy duty metal construction.
Wearing that should help prevent another injury going forward.
Maybe you don't know what you're talking about. Part of Caroline's job is to get rebounds. Can you really imagine Geno not expecting a 6'-2" player to go after rebounds? SMH

Reaction Score
Maybe you don't know what you're talking about. Part of Caroline's job is to get rebounds. Can you really imagine Geno not expecting a 6'-2" player to go after rebounds? SMH
I think the point is she wasn’t in rebounding position.

sun

Reaction Score
I said that Carol could have positioned a step back to allow Edwards more room to operate rather being so close to her, not to fight for the same rebound or to put herself at risk.
There weren't any other G'town players near her side of the backboard at all.
I didn't say that Carol should not rebound.
[ ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
If avoiding these bumps changes the way a player moves on the court, then the player should retire from the game. I hate to say that, but that's what it comes down to.
In basketball, as in most sports, many of a player's moves are instinctive. You can't "plan on not being bumped" or avoiding contact.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Bullsheet! There is no "blame". The Georgetown player was going for a rebound just like Edwards. Accept that sometimes sheet happens as part of the game.
I was responding to a post calling CD collateral damage of Aliyah going beast mode. All I'm saying is that the energy in that collision came from the run in from the foul lane.

Reaction Score
I don’t think so. Georgetown was getting crazy physical under the boards during this stretch and Aaliyah just went animal mode and her best V friend Caroline was collateral damage
Painfully true!

Reaction Score
Not to be morbid...

We'll all know in 20 or 25 years the effects of all this...
Probably not me...but some of you young uns.
that's not true, it's different for everyone!

Reaction Score
As I slowed this down on a replay from the second point of view, the back of the head was grazed. The real hit came to the T-2 to T-7 area of the back. The pain can be excruciating but since it was not a T collision but a K (angle) collision, I think it will be ok. The ice was not on the usual upper neck and the ear plugs were most likely a precaution until after the game to cut down on the noise. Methinks Geno conferred with a doctor and that was his post post game comments. She prolly cleared the need for concussion protocol by that time and will have soreness in her back. If I'm correct (and this is in no way a specialty of mine, just talking to doctor friends watching the replay) it will be up to her and how she feels. Prolly limited minutes.

Reaction Score
So, I thought that the issue was more that she hit her head on the court when she fell after the crack from an elbow.

Second, I think she is doing a great job given how disorienting it can be to move your head up and around after having injured it as she did. The lights and sound can‘t help either. She is a tough one.

Reaction Score
As I slowed this down on a replay from the second point of view, the back of the head was grazed. The real hit came to the T-2 to T-7 area of the back. The pain can be excruciating but since it was not a T collision but a K (angle) collision, I think it will be ok. The ice was not on the usual upper neck and the ear plugs were most likely a precaution until after the game to cut down on the noise. Methinks Geno conferred with a doctor and that was his post post game comments. She prolly cleared the need for concussion protocol by that time and will have soreness in her back. If I'm correct (and this is in no way a specialty of mine, just talking to doctor friends watching the replay) it will be up to her and how she feels. Prolly limited minutes.
Prolly, we'll have to wait until 3:00 to see if she's in sweats or a uniform, and we prolly all hope for her being 100% and game ready.

Reaction Score
AE taking out another player, once again CD. I sure hope CD is alright and able to play again today or tomorrow. Man it was eerie hearing the building being that silent. Glad to see her get up and walk out mostly on her own. Paige and Nika picking her up.

Reaction Score
If avoiding these bumps changes the way a player moves on the court, then the player should retire from the game. I hate to say that, but that's what it comes down to.
In basketball, as in most sports, many of a player's moves are instinctive. You can't "plan on not being bumped" or avoiding contact.
agree and again am surprised to see this post

Reaction Score
I have a question about all this. I've been listening to comments. Haven't looked up NCAAW rules about contact. I've heard and observed that touch fouls will get called out on the perimeter, inside you can use your forearm. But defenders can put their arms in the air and "body up." In the game yesterday, I saw a defender outside the paint go toward the player she was guarding. She didn't reach out to touch, to keep contact like that. Instead she raised her arms and seemed to throw her whole body at the offensive player. There was contact, and the offensive player was clearly moved backwards. In today's context: not a foul. Whatever they were trying to do with rule changes to get more "freedom of movement" has been "loop-holed."
Also, didn't some coach say, "They can't call them all." So longer benches with less-skilled, but athletic players can play with a lot of - what is currently allowed - contact.
Ready to learn more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom