Video PBS News Hour UConn Women | The Boneyard

Video PBS News Hour UConn Women

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Love the press coverage. More than I expected. Well deserved obviously.

Reaction Score
Good stuff from PBS - CBS Evening News had a nice little segment too. :D

arch

Reaction Score
Shouldn't she know that women's basketball teams can have more than 12 players?
Why am I picking on the trivial at a time like this?
I don't know, I just don't know. I know, I won't press "post reply".
Oops!

Reaction Score
The coverage is nice, but I thought her analysis was kind of superficial. I don't think time is all it takes for "the rest" to catch up....yes, other programs are getting better, much better, and more girls are playing the game, etc, but the real game changer will be when Geno & CD decide to hang it up. Will be tough for anyone to step into those shoes. The consistent factor over the past 30 years has been Geno & CD and there's no-one in the coaching ranks that can even begin to compare. And this is NOT a slight to Shea, and all the other Geno disciples out there.

Reaction Score
The coverage is nice, but I thought her analysis was kind of superficial. I don't think time is all it takes for "the rest" to catch up...yes, other programs are getting better, much better, and more girls are playing the game, etc, but the real game changer will be when Geno & CD decide to hang it up. Will be tough for anyone to step into those shoes. The consistent factor over the past 30 years has been Geno & CD and there's no-one in the coaching ranks that can even begin to compare. And this is NOT a slight to Shea, and all the other Geno disciples out there.
Even Walter Cronkite back in the day implied "superficiality" re. TV news coverage. Your assessment is correct on Geno & CD and that's why we have print media ... like the Boneyard!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom