Video: KO talks next year's team during his charity event | The Boneyard

Video: KO talks next year's team during his charity event

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If I heard correctly, AG did have a surgery?

Reaction Score
Hope Steve's offseason workout & new body means he can get off the floor a little faster. Even 5% can be huge when it comes to blocked shots & rebounds, and if he gets there then he'll be an NBA player some day.

C

Chief00

I agree more explosion is always good. Rebounding is more a horizontal game than many realize and if coached-up he can get tons of rebounds if he has the desire.
As far as posting, Steve has broad shoulders and a lower body that can seal - so I see lots of jump hook possibilities - again if we have someone who will work with him on it.

Coach Miller this is your opportunity!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Glad AG had the surgery. Given the ease with which his shoulder separated and the fact that it "happened before" surgery was definitely in order.

Reaction Score
Glad AG had the surgery. Given the ease with which his shoulder separated and the fact that it "happened before" surgery was definitely in order.

Agreed. You lose a lot of confidence after it pops out the 2nd or 3rd time and the surgery ends up being a relief more than anything. Only negative is losing a little range of motion.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Agreed. You lose a lot of confidence after it pops out the 2nd or 3rd time and the surgery ends up being a relief more than anything. Only negative is losing a little range of motion.
At his age and degree of athleticism and strength plus with the PT and strength and conditioning coaching he'll get range of motion shouldn't be a problem.

Reaction Score
At his age and degree of athleticism and strength plus with the PT and strength and conditioning coaching he'll get range of motion shouldn't be a problem.

Idk I had the surgery when I was 16 after dislocating my shoulder 4 times. I was an athlete in high school and had the surgery done by a top doctor and rehabbed really well, but I still lost ~ 5% of my range.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
262lbs for Steve and cut? KO's best Jimmy C or maybe something to really look forward to?

And it does sound like AG had his surgery and that's a good thing.

Dunno, Steve's got the foundation for it for sure. Def good news on AG surgery. He'll definitely start out slower this way (which is a bummer), but long term it's so much better for him and the team. Don't need that nagging injury hanging over his/their heads.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Idk I had the surgery when I was 16 after dislocating my shoulder 4 times. I was an athlete in high school and had the surgery done by a top doctor and rehabbed really well, but I still lost ~ 5% of my range.

Not knocking you or your experience, but AG's an elite athlete by MCBB standards, never mind compared to the normal high school athletes. Those guys bodies are not like normal humans. Plus, he's got round the clock world class facilities, monitoring, and trainers to work with him. Definitely has a big leg up.

Reaction Score
Not knocking you or your experience, but AG's an elite athlete by MCBB standards, never mind compared to the normal high school athletes. Those guys bodies are not like normal humans. Plus, he's got round the clock world class facilities, monitoring, and trainers to work with him. Definitely has a big leg up.

Being an elite athlete has nothing to do with the surgical repair, though. Don't we have a resident orthopedic here to help explain? Even if the repair was minor he won't have full range of motion for about a year. If it was a bad tear he will never have 100% range of motion. This doesn't mean he can't play this season or remain an elite basketball player - I just think everyone should temper their expectations a bit.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Being an elite athlete has nothing to do with the surgical repair, though. Don't we have a resident orthopedic here to help explain? Even if the repair was minor he won't have full range of motion for about a year. If it was a bad tear he will never have 100% range of motion. This doesn't mean he can't play this season or remain an elite basketball player - I just think everyone should temper their expectations a bit.

We are pretty certain it wasn't a bad tear, no? He had the option of not having the surgery and playing through it. With a bad tear, that wouldn't even have been on the table.

My point on 'elite' athlete' is that they tend to heal quicker and more completely in general, in addition to the superior training/attention they receive. The thing that really helps is that they have much stronger muscles around the joint for support. Generally more elastic tendons as well. Elite athletes have a better chance to come back completely from ACL tears.

For the record, I think it will hurt him this season. The first year struggle happened for all our guys who recently had surgery here: Rodney Purvis, Amida Brimah, Omar Calhoun...etc. Mainly I think because they didn't have an off season to prepare.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
There was a reason Mr Vital became so vital so soon after the shoulder pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads