Video Geno Talks about the Brackets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Video Geno Talks about the Brackets

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meh on this. My $.02... I did not think we looked that great against UCF. Sure we blew out USF, but UCF was a battle and while we had moments of great play, we looked ordinary for long stretches.
The players noted that they were out of synch that game and tried to correct it against USF. I think they succeeded.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree that WVU is an unknown quantity that I'd rather not have to deal with... and although MD is a solid team, we beat them at the end of the OOC schedule period (so they had "come together as a team")...at their home, with 17000+ mostly MD fans, on National TV, with the things that people say will make it possible for UCONN to lose in effect...(foul trouble on Phe and Gabby... sickness vice injury to Lou, and some periods of cold shooting)... THEY (MD) know they had everything lined up for a victory...that they could not deliver. AND while they lost by 6...the margin was much larger for most of the 4th quarter... I think this All plays on them if they get to the regional final vs UCONN...
I hope the Terps are looking ahead to UConn or Duke and get bushwhacked by WVU. Mike Carey is a good coach.

Reaction Score
Let's see. Geno is "worried," "leery," "concerned," "fearful." He looks as if he hasn't slept well. He always appears to be cleaning his teeth, rubbing his face, scratching his nose and neck, flattening his hair. He expressed the hope that all of the big teams would get upset again this time around, so the final could be as it was last year--a laugher. He put a huge burden on poor Lou, but we all know that it will take more than just one player to bring the prize home. But the team faces the same probs it's had all year: still height-challenged, still relatively inexperienced, still short-handed. As I've noted in the past: the bumblebee is not aerodynamically able to fly. It does anyway. If it can stay aloft until next year, it may never land.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Let's see. Geno is "worried," "leery," "concerned," "fearful." He looks as if he hasn't slept well. He always appears to be cleaning his teeth, rubbing his face, scratching his nose and neck, flattening his hair. He expressed the hope that all of the big teams would get upset again this time around, so the final could be as it was last year--a laugher. He put a huge burden on poor Lou, but we all know that it will take more than just one player to bring the prize home. But the team faces the same probs it's had all year: still height-challenged, still relatively inexperienced, still short-handed. As I've noted in the past: the bumblebee is not aerodynamically able to fly. It does anyway. If it can stay aloft until next year, it may never land.
I rather Geno be worried than his players be worried,
That is his job and it has gotten his teams to this point many a times with alarming success..
Let the games begin!! Someone may eventually beat us, but not tonight... :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The players noted that they were out of synch that game and tried to correct it against USF. I think they succeeded.
Totally agree. But my point was I don't think we "peaked" in the AAC tourney...

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I rather Geno be worried than his players be worried,

I have no idea what goes on inside their heads, but this team may be the best I've seen at appearing relaxed off the court. I hope that's the way they feel, too, because it will do them good both in basketball and other endeavors.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
I have no idea what goes on inside their heads, but this team may be the best I've seen at appearing relaxed off the court. I hope that's the way they feel, too, because it will do them good both in basketball and other endeavors.
I don't even think Geno knows at times what goes on in their heads.. :)
I think it is just the personality of the team ad it's key players..
And of course the results of not being very familiar with the loss column..

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Concerning = the consistently WEAK questions Geno, players have to answer.

Opposite of Advanced, Original

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom