Video Geno Talks about the Brackets | The Boneyard

Video Geno Talks about the Brackets

Reaction Score
Very high praise for West Virginia. Says they are way better than a 6. Hard to argue after what they did to Oklahoma, Texas, and Baylor.

I had forgotten they were even in our region. That will be a tough game for Maryland.

Holy moley is our region loaded.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'll finish listening to Geno in the AM when I'm up to watching him clean up the rest of his practice snack! Love the man but hate this little bit of his.

Reaction Score
Folks: listen to Geno and act like him. Not whining; not complaining about the draw. No complaining, except about Lou, of course--who can be even greater than she's been. And really nice things about Meg Walker.....

HGN

Reaction Score
I'll finish listening to Geno in the AM when I'm up to watching him clean up the rest of his practice snack! Love the man but hate this little bit of his.
I was sitting here watching the interview and thinking the same thing before reading your post. It was either a good snack or he's confident after looking at his bracket. :)

Reaction Score

I can watch it all day but if I hear even a hint of it or eating in my ear on the phone I will aim for the nearest parking garage or tunnel 100% of the time.

Reaction Score
Geno confirmed what i have thought all season, that the key to winning it all is on katielou's shoulders. We are going to see what she's made of the next few weekends.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Meg Walker comment was the best. He's excited to get her on campus.
Meg is the #1 player in America because of all she can do. Geno says she can put up 15 in every quarter.

Mikayla has a lot of Kia Nurse in her and brings a dimension the Huskies don't currently have.

:D

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Totally odd that even before this team wins (or, GASP, loses) the national title, so many of us can't help thinking ahead to next year. Geno is going to have a -very- talented team. But of course, he has one now as well.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Geno couldn't remember if they had ever played Albany.

They have.
29 December 2005.

78-44
Did you just remember this on your own, or do you have some sort of database you plugged Albany into?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Geno remarks pointedly that the one surprise to him was West Virginia, which he said is "way better than a 6," and that whoever has to face them early on is "in trouble."

There's no doubt WVU played like a top-4 seed to win the Big 12 tournament, but the seeding does have to reflect the entire body of work, which up until then had been rather mediocre.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Geno remarks pointedly that the one surprise to him was West Virginia, which he said is "way better than a 6," and that whoever has to face them early on is "in trouble."

There's no doubt WVU played like a top-4 seed to win the Big 12 tournament, but the seeding does have to reflect the entire body of work, which up until then had been rather mediocre.
And I totally agree with Geno... My bracket will have West Virginia taking down Maryland by double digits, I'm a believer..

However with that said, I'm kinda hoping I am wrong.. I don't want to meet a team that confident, riding a wave of success this time of year other than in the championship final..

Reaction Score
Wish we could have started the tournament last weekend. Team seemed like it was in a really good place by the end of the AAC tourney. Sometimes these long layoffs aren't good, though at least Kia gets a little break especially if her ankle is not going to heal fully until over the summer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Totally odd that even before this team wins (or, GASP, loses) the national title, so many of us can't help thinking ahead to next year. Geno is going to have a -very- talented team. But of course, he has one now as well.
It was a little odd, but the Horde ended the session by asking about the recent championship wins by Mikayla and Meg. I think he may have elaborated more on the incoming group last night than he had previously.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I love that Geno has already started working on Megan Walker, "Meg if you can score 18 in the 4th qtr to win the game, you can score 18 in each of the 1st three qtrs so you won't have to be down by 11."

Reaction Score
Geno confirmed what i have thought all season, that the key to winning it all is on katielou's shoulders. We are going to see what she's made of the next few weekends.
me thinks this is "Lou Motivation"... he wants to get under her skin and get her to play...i.e, "be the best she can be."... yes, her contributions will be significant and go a long way to the Team's Success, but Phe, Gabby, Kia, Saniya, Nat, and Danger ALL will be important to that as well. Geno hoping to get the same kind of output from Lou as she gave in AAC final... and if that happens, well, it will be a much easier road to Dallas.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wish we could have started the tournament last weekend. Team seemed like it was in a really good place by the end of the AAC tourney. Sometimes these long layoffs aren't good, though at least Kia gets a little break especially if her ankle is not going to heal fully until over the summer.
Meh on this. My $.02... I did not think we looked that great against UCF. Sure we blew out USF, but UCF was a battle and while we had moments of great play, we looked ordinary for long stretches.

Reaction Score
I thought this was one of the more relaxed and insightful interviews from Geno this year.

Very interesting comparison between Stevie's freshman five crappy months and six great games, and this team's five great months leading up to an unknown six games.

Reaction Score
And I totally agree with Geno... My bracket will have West Virginia taking down Maryland by double digits, I'm a believer..

However with that said, I'm kinda hoping I am wrong.. I don't want to meet a team that confident, riding a wave of success this time of year other than in the championship final..
I agree that WVU is an unknown quantity that I'd rather not have to deal with... and although MD is a solid team, we beat them at the end of the OOC schedule period (so they had "come together as a team")...at their home, with 17000+ mostly MD fans, on National TV, with the things that people say will make it possible for UCONN to lose in effect...(foul trouble on Phe and Gabby... sickness vice injury to Lou, and some periods of cold shooting)... THEY (MD) know they had everything lined up for a victory...that they could not deliver. AND while they lost by 6...the margin was much larger for most of the 4th quarter... I think this All plays on them if they get to the regional final vs UCONN...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom