Video-Geno Auriemma: UConn women's basketball summer availability - 6/20/23 | The Boneyard

Video-Geno Auriemma: UConn women's basketball summer availability - 6/20/23

Reaction Score
Very happy with the full court pressure comment, the pass to the player up on the made shots leaderboard, and that Paige is in the best shape of her life, even though she is at '90%'.....
Very happy with the full court pressure comment, and his comment that players will be more effective in their reduced minutes. If you can't go 100% because you are tired, then you sit, presumably even if you are Paige, Azzi or Aaliyah.

Reaction Score
I don't know about everyone else but that little presser has got me extra pumped up for the season!! Especially the comment mentioned above about everyone buying in to some serious pressing defense:) We all know this years Huskies are LOADED on the offensive end and if Geno/Chris & Co get this team ramped up on the defensive end, I think there won't be many, if any, teams that can hang with us on both ends of the court. Damn, this is going to be an amazing season to follow our Storrs Superwomen!!!!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
promising comments about jana, who to my ears was referred to as jenna.
his first mention of 'jenna' had me confused: "who is he talking about?"

anyway, he had extensive praise for her. sounded like we can count her for post depth, which may quiet all the calls for 'we need "bigs" ' in the BY.
or, is geno up to his old tricks of lavishing praise for rooks who don't pan out in the end? hope not.

Reaction Score
Great vid. When the day comes and Geno is ready is ready to ride, or should I say, sail off into the sunset, I have a sneaky suspicion that Paige will be in the top 3 of his all-time favorite players. Maybe my opinion is colored that she is currently playing, but there is a dynamic between them that runs deep.

You can hear in his voice, the admiration and as much as he would like to win a 12th championship for himself, the team, the school, I know he is pulling for Paige to win one in order for her to cozy up to the other pantheon of greats in UConn history.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The Biggest Surprise so far is what I read on the UConn website. Amari is now 6'6. Once her rehab is over having a 6'6 in the middle could be a huge help.

Reaction Score
The Biggest Surprise so far is what I read on the UConn website. Amari is now 6'6. Once her rehab is over having a 6'6 in the middle could be a huge help.
Also TonyC, Paige is now listed as 6'0"...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom