Video Games | The Boneyard

Video Games

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Years and years ago, I played quite a bit. Then it didn’t really feel like the best use of time. Now, there an absence of new moves and TV content, and there certainly aren’t concerts or social events consuming much time. So I find myself back at the XBox One. My preferences run to RPGs, I can’t get into first person shooters, which make me nauseous. I’ve tried some survival games and those can be interesting. Old school strategy games like Civilization used to be great, but suck on console.

This year I played through Witcher 3, which was very good.
Long Dark is interesting but gets boring over time
Ark Survival Evolved is wild. Enjoying it even if there is no real point (playing solo not MMP).

Are any of you gamers? If so, what platforms? What games?

Reaction Score
I like to think I’m still a gamer but mostly I’m just a buyer these days. I think I collected another 30 or so games over BF.

In a few days buy Cyberpunk 2077, from the people who made The Witcher 3. Looks amaze balls

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I just got an oculus 2 . At our age it’s game over. Thing is killer

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Have not tried any VR stuff yet. Good or vomit inducing?

August_West

Reaction Score
Have not tried any VR stuff yet. Good or vomit inducing?

If it’s vomit inducing it means it’s good, right?

it’s great , lotsa of options. I play ping pong every day against everyone. No problems . If you go on the roller coaster app or walk a plank off a skyscraper you’re supposed to feel sick. It doesn’t disappoint

Reaction Score
We were big into Quake back in late '90's. We'd be having frag fests when working late. Then my gaming dropped like David Caruso's career. We were shopping for a laptop at Best Buy the other day and a guy from the geek squad went on about how the computer can play Xbox games and on and on. I am so out of the loop.

All I know is Minecraft and Roblox. :(

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I will play NBA 2K whatever on my son's old PS3 on occasion while I have a documentary on or a rewatch of a series I like, such as GoT or the Sopranos, streaming on my laptop.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
We were big into Quake back in late '90's. We'd be having frag fests when working late. Then my gaming dropped like David Caruso's career. We were shopping for a laptop at Best Buy the other day and a guy from the geek squad went on about how the computer can play Xbox games and on and on. I am so out of the loop.

All I know is Minecraft and Roblox. :(

It really is quite different now. I signed up for the XBox GamePass, which is a bit pricey, but gives me over 100 free games. Saves spending on games you don't end up liking. Microsoft bought EA, so has the sports games now.

I tried Madden 2020 they other day, it's so much more complicated and realistic than it used to be.

Reaction Score
It really is quite different now. I signed up for the XBox GamePass, which is a bit pricey, but gives me over 100 free games. Saves spending on games you don't end up liking. Microsoft bought EA, so has the sports games now.

I tried Madden 2020 they other day, it's so much more complicated and realistic than it used to be.
I'm beyond rusty but now I'm thinking I gotta get back into it. Work ethic.

Our dorm at UConn had Tempest. Right up there with Space Invaders and Asteroids

Reaction Score

Microsoft bought Bethesda but they have a deal with EA to bring their EA Access service into game pass so their catalog is available to play.

Reaction Score
Do you only need one headset and share it? Or are there games where 2 people (2 headsets) can play at the same time in the same house?

August_West

Reaction Score
Do you only need one headset and share it? Or are there games where 2 people (2 headsets) can play at the same time in the same house?

Sure. you could have as many as you want as long as you have the space.

In my house we share for now among the two of us.

Reaction Score
Sure. you could have as many as you want as long as you have the space.

In my house we share for now among the two of us.
How much space do you need and what for?

August_West

Reaction Score
How much space do you need and what for?
As much or as little as it you want depending on games. The more space tge better, because it’s virtual reality and you can actually walk around! If you don’t have space to do tgat it’s fine they are ways around it, I usually play everything with 6 feet on all sides . Remember you are wearing a headset , so you don’t know where you are in a room. The headset allows you to set boundaries in whatever space you are in so you don’t walk into furniture and stuff

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I know multiple people who were involved in physical confrontations that started with NBA Jam. I personally had to break one up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom