Video: Gabby - high jump in high school | The Boneyard

Video: Gabby - high jump in high school

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I had never seen this before, but here's a video of her jumping 6'2.25" at a high school meet in Oregon. Thanks to @meyers7 for posting it on the men's board... The announcer says "Only 5 high school women have every jumped more than 6 feet, 2 and a quarter...(drum roll)... YEAH!!!"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I had never seen this before, but here's a video of her jumping 6'2.25" at a high school meet in Oregon. Thanks to @myers7 for posting it on the men's board...

You're welcome, but I think I've posted it here before too. :cool:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Guys, I don't believe this is a high school meet. I think this is the Olympic trials. They always hold the trials at the U. of Oregon facility, the track & field capital of the U.S. I would also point out that Gabby is clearing 6'2.25". Noting that Brianna Turner is 6'3", from the picture of her posterizing Turner last night, it appears that Gabby can now clear 6'3" with a basketball in her hand.:)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I had never seen this before, but here's a video of her jumping 6'2.25" at a high school meet in Oregon. Thanks to @meyers7 for posting it on the men's board... The announcer says "Only 5 high school women have every jumped more than 6 feet, 2 and a quarter...(drum roll)... YEAH!!!"

OK, this does it for me. I'm convinced she's got "Muy Grande" hops. Gabrielle (Gabby) is listed at 5' 11. "This video shows her clearing the bar at 6"2". Look closely as she approaches the bar. The bar is clearly over her head. Only your elite high jumpers can jump their height. Gabby jumped 3 inches over her head. :eek: That's why the on-lookers (in the back ground) went crazy when she cleared the bar. Thanks Eric.

Reaction Score
You can also see a few videos of Gabby doing hurdles and relay races from 2012 at this link. Click on the little film icons next to the entries under "2012 Nevada NIAA Outdoor State Championships."

Edward C Reed High School Track & Field and Cross Country - Sparks, Nevada - Athletes - Gabby Williams
Great link! Thanks! Gabby's all-around track performance is pretty impressive--especially in the 100 HH. Smooth, in perfect rhythm, never slowing down. Her time as a sophomore would have won the CT state Open last year.

Reaction Score
Guys, I don't believe this is a high school meet. I think this is the Olympic trials. They always hold the trials at the U. of Oregon facility, the track & field capital of the U.S. I would also point out that Gabby is clearing 6'2.25". Noting that Brianna Turner is 6'3", from the picture of her posterizing Turner last night, it appears that Gabby can now clear 6'3" with a basketball in her hand.:)
It's NIAA outdoor state championships. High school--and specifying that Gabby is a sophomore.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes, that was not a HS meet. That was the Olympic trials for London. National class at age 15. Outstanding!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's NIAA outdoor state championships. High school--and specifying that Gabby is a sophomore.

Yes, that was not a HS meet. That was the Olympic trials for London. National class at age 15. Outstanding!!
The YouTube video says Olympic Trials. Also she is not wearing her HS uniform. (see the link iri10 posted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom