Video from practice at Gampel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Video from practice at Gampel

Reaction Score
my main takeaway is that between cole/Jalen/Bouk passing and Bouk/martin/jackson/porkchop/Springs catching is going to be some serious swaggy alley-oopin' going on this year.
As good as Mr 4hunnid and Jump man?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I had a meeting at Mansfield town hall this morning and decided to take a drive down Jim Calhoun Way on the way home; mainly to check out the new baseball field. The whole new athletics district looks extremely “big time.” Long story short, I saw a total of 5 students on campus and one of them was Tyler Polley. He’s still very tall and thin.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If that was Jalen at the :10 mark we could really have one of the best backcourts in the Big East. Very excited to see our perimeter play. Overall we have a very long, athletic team with versatile pieces. It’s going to be up to Hurley to make sure he uses them accordingly.

Reaction Score
I had a meeting at Mansfield town hall this morning and decided to take a drive down Jim Calhoun Way on the way home; mainly to check out the new baseball field. The whole new athletics district looks extremely “big time.” Long story short, I saw a total of 5 students on campus and one of them was Tyler Polley. He’s still very tall and thin.
Sounds like Tyler hasn't lost any height which is good

Reaction Score
If that was Jalen at the :10 mark we could really have one of the best backcourts in the Big East. Very excited to see our perimeter play. Overall we have a very long, athletic team with versatile pieces. It’s going to be up to Hurley to make sure he uses them accordingly.
It’s nice having that much athleticism again and having skill to go with it. If this team is going to reach its ceiling, they should feast in transition, no way easier to score than on fast breaks.

Last season, they ranked 38th in forced TOs per game. Feels like this season, they can cause even more turnovers with their length and athleticism, resulting in points off those turnovers. Need to be more efficient with the ball this year, easy to do that when you can score in transition. 59th in Kenpom defense last year, seems like if they can make a solid improvement in that area, this team can be dangerous.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It’s nice having that much athleticism again and having skill to go with it. If this team is going to reach its ceiling, they should feast in transition, no way easier to score than on fast breaks.

Last season, they ranked 38th in forced TOs per game. Feels like this season, they can cause even more turnovers with their length and athleticism, resulting in points off those turnovers. Need to be more efficient with the ball this year, easy to do that when you can score in transition. 59th in Kenpom defense last year, seems like if they can make a solid improvement in that area, this team can be dangerous.
That's it. It's not just the athleticism and the depth, it is that both are well suited to Hurley's preferred system. Hurley likes defensive pressure but not defensive gambling. This squad is well suited to implement that. It's too early to know how effective it will be, though I have an opinion on it, but it is definitely entertaining basketball.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

I agree 100%. Think having Cole and Gaffney running the show with Boatright as our main scorer can help efficiency in comparison to AG and Vital from last year. They played with a lot of heart, but these guys just seem more talented this year.

That Gaffney dunk really surprised me in the clip. Might this be our most talented UConn team ever?

Reaction Score
I agree 100%. Think having Cole and Gaffney running the show with Boatright as our main scorer can help efficiency in comparison to AG and Vital from last year. They played with a lot of heart, but these guys just seem more talented this year.

That Gaffney dunk really surprised me in the clip. Might this be our most talented UConn team ever?
Replacing Vitals production, especially how he played late in the season last year will be tough. His defense, rebounding, scoring, and free throw shooting will definitely he missed. But I think the combination of Cole, Gaffney, and Bouknight will help stabilize the offense and be a productive trio. The good thing is we have a lot of balance, don’t need to just rely on Bouknight having a great night every night. There’s enough talent and scoring to pick up the slack when needed. That’s been missing for awhile.

Love the enthusiasm, but man, UConns had a lot of talented teams. Not fair to compare these guys to the teams of the past. Just enjoy this team and the buzz surrounding it. They should be much improved and ready to make the tournament again.

Reaction Score

No, athletically it's right there though.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Replacing Vitals production, especially how he played late in the season last year will be tough. His defense, rebounding, scoring, and free throw shooting will definitely he missed. But I think the combination of Cole, Gaffney, and Bouknight will help stabilize the offense and be a productive trio. The good thing is we have a lot of balance, don’t need to just rely on Bouknight having a great night every night. There’s enough talent and scoring to pick up the slack when needed. That’s been missing for awhile.

Love the enthusiasm, but man, UConns had a lot of talented teams. Not fair to compare these guys to the teams of the past. Just enjoy this team and the buzz surrounding it. They should be much improved and ready to make the tournament again.

Vital did really turn it on at the beginning of last year. Like you said though, hoping the sum of the parts can make up for it and Bouknight having a great year.

Weird, thought I typed athletic instead of talented. Brain fart. Definitely not the most talented, but I can’t remember any PGs we’ve had in the past that can do what Gaffney did in that clip. Throw in Bouk, Jackson, Martin, our bigs and hopefully we’ll be in for a lot of highlight plays this year.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I agree 100%. Think having Cole and Gaffney running the show with Boatright as our main scorer can help efficiency in comparison to AG and Vital from last year.
Uhhh...

Reaction Score

No Mo Boatshow.. But I get what you're sayin'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom