Video archives of UConn games | The Boneyard

Video archives of UConn games

Reaction Score
For years, going back to the '90s, videos of all of UConn's games have been archived. It was a great convenience if we're away, out of a market area on vacation, and we'd be able to view the game on line from the archives within 2 or 3 days after the game. And it was also great for our viewing entertainment during those long 6 months of the off-season. Now, all of a sudden, we're told that going forward, all games carried by SNY will no longer be archived. Why, oh why? Who can fix this?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
For years, going back to the '90s, videos of all of UConn's games have been archived. It was a great convenience if we're away, out of a market area on vacation, and we'd be able to view the game on line from the archives within 2 or 3 days after the game. And it was also great for our viewing entertainment during those long 6 months of the off-season. Now, all of a sudden, we're told that going forward, all games carried by SNY will no longer be archived. Why, oh why? Who can fix this?
Archiving the games was a violation of copyright laws. There is no fix.

Many games are available on YouTube. You might find your favorites there

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Something else that is missing...the website hasn't been updated to include the score, current record, box score and highlight video since the DePaul game of 1/26.
I realize that this info is on the uconnhuskies.com site, but I have been conditioned to go to the uconnhuskygames site.

Reaction Score
is there a link / copy anywhere out there for UConn vs. Notre Dame 2017 final four?

Reaction Score
my apologies, i guess i meant 2018 because the link on uconnhuskygames is copyrighted now. but i think i found it. thanks!

Reaction Score

Were there ads on these streams?
Doesn't Fox own the streaming rights to SNY games? This is probably the result of some Fox junior attorney earning their salary. I'd suggest a letter to the head of Fox Sports or to Fox's PR dept. This isn't much money and they could get a lot of good will from allowing the archive.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Were there ads on these streams?
Doesn't Fox own the streaming rights to SNY games? This is probably the result of some Fox junior attorney earning their salary. I'd suggest a letter to the head of Fox Sports or to Fox's PR dept. This isn't much money and they could get a lot of good will from allowing the archive.
It was pre-Fox and pre-SNY. CPTV had the rights for years prior to either of them

Reaction Score
Archiving the games was a violation of copyright laws. There is no fix.

Many games are available on YouTube. You might find your favorites there
So here is a question that may sound silly…but : what is SNY doing with their copies of all those games they broadcast ? What good can it do them if the games aren’t going to be accessible ? If I were them I’d organize their holdings and offer them to the public for a modest fee.

Reaction Score
It was pre-Fox and pre-SNY. CPTV had the rights for years prior to either of them
I was responding to this:

Now, all of a sudden, we're told that going forward, all games carried by SNY will no longer be archived.

My streaming service already saves all the games but they are only available for a year or so.

If the CPTV games are still available then I'm happy because those are my favorites for replay.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I was responding to this:

My streaming service already saves all the games but they are only available for a year or so.

If the CPTV games are still available then I'm happy because those are my favorites for replay.
I believe that the CPTV games are still available, it was SNY that forced the BY to take them down.

Reaction Score
It was pre-Fox and pre-SNY. CPTV had the rights for years prior to either of th
I believe that the CPTV games are still available, it was SNY that forced the BY to take them down.
If I understand….the CPTV games are still available on HuskyGames. But SNY games are not, due to SNY holding the copyright. SNY should make those games available, perhaps for a modest fee.

Reaction Score
I recently moved from NYC to Corpus Christi, Texas
My Spectrum cable had SNY in NY but not here
I know that the games show up on YouTube within a couple of days and I do get FoxSports and ESPN
Wonder if there’s a way to stream the SNY games so I can see them in real time?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I recently moved from NYC to Corpus Christi, Texas
My Spectrum cable had SNY in NY but not here
I know that the games show up on YouTube within a couple of days and I do get FoxSports and ESPN
Wonder if there’s a way to stream the SNY games so I can see them in real time?
This topic will be the subject of many threads once we get closer to the first game on SNY.
The short version is that the SNY games are streamed live using the FoxSports app for out of market fans. You need to have access to your local Fox network and FS1 via your "tv" provider, Spectrum. For example, my provider is Hulu Live so I can stream live tv via my Roku, Firestick and Xbox Series S. In previous seasons, to have live access to every UConn WBB game, you would have to also have access to the ESPN channels, ABC, CBS, and CBSSN.

Like I said before, stayed tuned in November when this will be a hot topic.

Reaction Score
This topic will be the subject of many threads once we get closer to the first game on SNY.
The short version is that the SNY games are streamed live using the FoxSports app for out of market fans. You need to have access to your local Fox network and FS1 via your "tv" provider, Spectrum. For example, my provider is Hulu Live so I can stream live tv via my Roku, Firestick and Xbox Series S. In previous seasons, to have live access to every UConn WBB game, you would have to also have access to the ESPN channels, ABC, CBS, and CBSSN.

Like I said before, stayed tuned in November when this will be a hot topic.
Many thanks
I will be watching closely
Here in Corpus Christi, Texas A&M C.C. Has a D1 WCBB team
I’m thinking of getting a season ticket
It ain’t UCONN but then again, what is?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members