VG's seedings + Creme Bracketology 1/3/17 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

VG's seedings + Creme Bracketology 1/3/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
One of the epicenter's of the housing crash isn't exciting enough for you?

Let's see; would I rather go to SF or Stockton? Tough choice. Sioux Falls ended up being a nice little city, but tough and expensive to get to.

Reaction Score
Ok, though that's not exactly what I asked. Yes you'd rather not be in UConn's bracket, I get that. But I was talking more generically: would you rather be a #3 seed close to home than a 2-seed elsewhere?

Yes, even generically: given the choice between being a 3-seed close to home or a 2-seed elsewhere, I'd prefer my team be the 3-seed close to home. That generic preference is, of course, only heightened when the "elsewhere" in question happens to be a short drive from the campus of the nation's best team, and in the same tourney bracket as said best team.

But yes, even in the absence of the UConn factor, I consider the close-to-home 3-seed to be a more advantageous tourney placement than the far-away 2-seed.

Reaction Score
I agree. But honestly, at this point, I don't see a team that could stop us from getting to the final 4. As long as UCONN remains the top #1 seed, or perhaps the 2nd #1 seed, they won't have to face the 5th, 6th, or maybe even 7th best team in the nation. Having said that, I'd prefer to NOT see Maryland, Notre Dame, or FSU in our elite 8 bracket...

Don't be too sure. The "committee" has changed it's "policies & proceedures" often enough to make almost any scenario possible. It was either 2008 or 2009 when UConn was the 1st overall seed and the 4th and 5th best team were fairly inseparable. One of them was Rutgers and guess where the committee sent them?

I would not be in the least bit surprised to see Notre Dame in Bridgeport. But I still expect McGraw to get her team organized and be the 1 seed in either OKC, Stockton or Lexington.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Don't be too sure. The "committee" has changed it's "policies & proceedures" often enough to make almost any scenario possible. It was either 2008 or 2009 when UConn was the 1st overall seed and the 4th and 5th best team were fairly inseparable. One of them was Rutgers and guess where the committee sent them?

I would not be in the least bit surprised to see Notre Dame in Bridgeport. But I still expect McGraw to get her team organized and be the 1 seed in either OKC, Stockton or Lexington.

2008 here in Greensboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog