Very OT: What's it feel like outside? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Very OT: What's it feel like outside?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I am a teacher also. We've had 5 days so far this year. 2 because of snow and 3 because of the cold. I expect another 2-3 more at least.
I'm also a teacher. I had a snow day yesterday and one back in November when we got all that snow. I've also had 3 delays the last two weeks.

Reaction Score
I'm also a teacher. I had a snow day yesterday and one back in November when we got all that snow. I've also had 3 delays the last two weeks.

I love delay days, don't have to make them up. Next year we will have e-learning days so every snow day will not have to be made up. That will be nice.

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
I love delay days, don't have to make them up. Next year we will have e-learning days so every snow day will not have to be made up. That will be nice.
Had "digital days" at my school last year. For it to count, at least 90% of all students had to complete assignments. We had something like 5 snow days or so and got credit for 3 of them. So it's not a perfect science either.

Reaction Score
Had "digital days" at my school last year. For it to count, at least 90% of all students had to complete assignments. We had something like 5 snow days or so and got credit for 3 of them. So it's not a perfect science either.

Not sure where you are, but as far as I know here in Indiana, as long as the whole district is 1 to 1, it will count towards a day that doesn't have to be made up.

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
Not sure where you are, but as far as I know here in Indiana, as long as the whole district is 1 to 1, it will count towards a day that doesn't have to be made up.
Yeah I'm in CT lol so im sure there are different regulations.

Reaction Score
My windshield wiper nozzles and fluid are frozen. Should have put in a winter mix last time I filled up. I drove to work this morning with about 50% visibility.

Reaction Score
I busted out my blades last night...
Resized_Screenshot_20190131-115331001_1419.jpeg

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
A reporter on TV this morning said Winter Fests in Minnesota were being postponed, or cancelled, because of winter.

Reaction Score
I don't know how cold it was this morning but when I had to go outside the snots in my nose froze within 15 seconds and it was hard to breathe through my nose. That's cold.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Nice Balmy 50 degrees here in GA.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Its weird but I don't remember complaining about the cold when growing up in CT. I guess as you age it takes a toll on you.

Reaction Score
Not gonna get north of 60 today in LA. Might even drizzle. I don't deserve this.
I am in Santa Barbara tonight to watch the Gauchos vs. Anteaters. Big West showdown for 1st place. It is around 70 here or feels that way. I haven't even checked! Saw some clouds today while out with the surfboard for the first time in my life. Everytime I look up at the Santa Ynez Mountains I envy every person that actually lives here. Love Stearns Wharf (touristy yep but love). Now that I know where I may spend the last few years of my life...Go Gauchos! Let's go Max!

1548976582324.png

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I am a teacher also. We've had 5 days so far this year. 2 because of snow and 3 because of the cold. I expect another 2-3 more at least.
We have not had a snow day yet (20 miles south of boston). I think we had one 1-hour delay. It's been an odd winter.

Reaction Score
I am in Santa Barbara tonight to watch the Gauchos vs. Anteaters. Big West showdown for 1st place. It is around 70 here or feels that way. I haven't even checked! Saw some clouds today while out with the surfboard for the first time in my life. Everytime I look up at the Santa Ynez Mountains I envy every person that actually lives here. Love Stearns Wharf (touristy yep but love). Now that I know where I may spend the last few years of my life...Go Gauchos! Let's go Max!

View attachment 38987

My parents are up there. It's paradise. The view of the mountains pulling into town still gets me every time, and I'm up there every couple weeks. Enjoy the Thunderdome. Fun place to see a game.

Reaction Score
In CT, we had a high of 10 but the wind was not bad. We walked the dog a mile in a State Park at 2pm and I had on a Tee shirt, a long sleeved Tee, 2 sweat shirts, a winter hat, shorts and sneakers and one pair of socks. No gloves. It was beautiful out. You could see all the bright colors reflected off the snow crystals by the low sun angle. We saw some deer, fox and coyote tracks in the woods. The turkeys have not been around though. Spring will be wonderful. I like all the seasons but July.

Reaction Score

View attachment 38987
Dude when a fellow fan has a severe stomach ache, why would you tell them how good your stomach feels?

Reaction Score
if it was the 60s in FL you were not South enough. low 70s were the high here

Reaction Score
In CT, we had a high of 10 but the wind was not bad. We walked the dog a mile in a State Park at 2pm and I had on a Tee shirt, a long sleeved Tee, 2 sweat shirts, a winter hat, shorts and sneakers and one pair of socks. No gloves. It was beautiful out. You could see all the bright colors reflected off the snow crystals by the low sun angle. We saw some deer, fox and coyote tracks in the woods. The turkeys have not been around though. Spring will be wonderful. I like all the seasons but July.
Id sooooo enjoy giving you a chop to the chops.

Reaction Score
These past few winters have been brutal. I’ve been planning a move to SW FL. Gonna miss attending games but this time of year is just miserable
Have a house for sale in Naples. Moving to a smaller one.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It feels great in Palm Springs. A light rain tonight but beautiful and in the 70s the past three days. Unfortunately, heading back to Tahoe on Saturday and we’re expecting around 3 feet of snow this weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom