Very OT: No snow | The Boneyard

Very OT: No snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here in CT, snow has only two months to attack us (and Feb. is short two days). I can deal with a March attack this season as opposed to last season.

Anyway I'm loving it, anyone else?

By the way, Boston's 'black' snow finally melted in July last year

Reaction Score
The way the weather has been are you confident it won't snow in May?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Kitaman said:
Here in CT, snow has only two months to attack us (and Feb. is short two days). I can deal with a March attack this season as opposed to last season. Anyway I'm loving it, anyone else? By the way, Boston's 'black' snow finally melted in July last year YouTube Video

How much did it snow before Jan last year? I want to believe that we get off easy, I hate that stuff, but let's talk in March.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How much did it snow before Jan last year? I want to believe that we get off easy, I hate that stuff, but let's talk in March.

Not much at all. Jan 27th or so was when the first monster hit, and it didn't let up til sometime in April. Zero chickens counted right now. And @Kitaman is really with the mojo here. Dooooomed.

Reaction Score
we've got plenty out here in Denver. going to park city next week where they've got even more. Kind of crazy how the weather is playing out this year...spent xmas weekend in VA where it was 75 and sunny when I left...returned to Denver Sunday where it was 8

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Not much at all. Jan 27th or so was when the first monster hit, and it didn't let up til sometime in April. Zero chickens counted right now. And @Kitaman is really with the mojo here. Dooooomed.

December 2014 was extremely cold in CT though, and the week between the Holidays was downright frigid. NY Eve and NY Day were mild, but other than that, there were few days (and almost no nights) above freezing between 12/15 and 3/15.
So when it did snow, it never left.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
December 2014 was extremely cold in CT though, and the week between the Holidays was downright frigid. NY Eve and NY Day were mild, but other than that, there were few days (and almost no nights) above freezing between 12/15 and 3/15. So when it did snow, it never left.

The strange occurrence that is happening this year, is El Nino's interaction with the Polar Vortex, which is oddly causing things to be warm. This isn't supposed to last, and the thought is we'll get a cold wet/snow Jan/Feb/March. That said, I wouldn't put a red cent on weather forecaster predictions, although large overall weather patterns are simpler to spot/predict.

Reaction Score
December 2014 was extremely cold in CT though, and the week between the Holidays was downright frigid. NY Eve and NY Day were mild, but other than that, there were few days (and almost no nights) above freezing between 12/15 and 3/15.
So when it did snow, it never left.
Yes, that was brutal. I talk about this with one of my co workers all the time how it seemed like last year the temperature just didnt get above 32 for weeks. Im no meteorologist, but it seems like the averages always have a way of working their way out to be in the ballpark. Thats what scares me about Jan-March. I have a funny feeling we will get hit with a solid storm in March

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It snowed maybe half an inch at my house this December. The kids are displeased.

Reaction Score
The 10 warmest Nov./Dec. on record (of which we just had) all ended up producing less than 20 inches of snow.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Same here in PA. In fact the heat hasn't been on in the house that often. Take the dogs outside with just a shirt or lite jacket. I store an antique Corvette and Mercedes. I went to check up on them the other day. Took the covers off. The whole car soaked. I freaked. Drove them out and wiped them down inside and out. Experts explained to be because of the rain and humidity is what caused it. Is this Global Warming? If it is I'm on board.

Reaction Score
Played about 8-9 rounds of golf in December between WesMass and CT and none were close to 40 degrees, all well above. We did get enough here that's it's still hanging around but not really full cover, knock on wood I'm loving it!

Reaction Score
Played about 8-9 rounds of golf in December between WesMass and CT and none were close to 40 degrees, all well above. We did get enough here that's it's still hanging around but not really full cover, knock on wood I'm loving it!
8-9 rounds is almost my whole season. I envy your youth.

Reaction Score
My heating bill combined with my gas (car) savings is adding up. No spending holidays in sight either. Another reason to love it.

Reaction Score
I cannot speak for CT(live in Vermont) but we actually have more snow on the ground than at the same time last year. Hard to believe I know but its true. Last year there was a huge storm in the beginning of december, then it got warm and pissed rain until we had nothing. It started snowing last year on January 2, and did not stop until april. I played a disc golf tourney last year on January 2(and am tomorrow). Is why I know how much snow we had and when it started snowing. In general though the temps were way lower last year. Great skiing last year though...

Reaction Score
I live in Western Connecticut on Candlewood Lake and like most of the state we got pounded last year with snow. I bought a snow thrower right before the season though and thank goodness I did. If I remember right the last El Nino winter we had was warm and wet and the lake didn't freeze. Feels like that kind of year. It wouldn't break my heart if I didn't have to put gas in the snow thrower this year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Tons of snow here in Tahoe. Come on out and ski!

I think I'm going out there to stay at my friends in Feb. Hope its dumping.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I think I'm going out there to stay at my friends in Feb. Hope its dumping.
El Niño seems to be locked and loaded to give us a solid winter. Fingers crossed! What side of the lake is your friend on? North shore , or that other side?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Got in first round of the year yesterday in Florida Panhandle. Morning tee time got cancelled due to rain. Sat around living room watching TV and enjoying a Bloody Mary. Around 10:30 rain stopped. First course said they were no carts, walking only. That wasn't an option with all the water on the ground. No chance of walking in cold, wet footwear. Got on another course and it ayed great. A natural advantage of being near the water is that the soil has a high concentration of sand. Rain water drains very quickly. Weather was mid to high 40's, overcast and windy. Played like a British Open round of golf.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
El Niño seems to be locked and loaded to give us a solid winter. Fingers crossed! What side of the lake is your friend on? North shore , or that other side?

Read yesterday that the Sierra's are at around 125%-135% of snow cap. Much needed snow to help alleviate the droughts out West. All that snow is the spring melt for lakes, rivers and reservoirs.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I'm not really sure. I'll have to ask. He has a watershed management business in the summer and a plowing business in the winter. Maybe he does your snow.

Reaction Score
I splurged on a new snow blower today. It will not snow all winter. Your're welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky