Very OT: Digusting Video of Hotel Beds | The Boneyard

Very OT: Digusting Video of Hotel Beds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a frequent traveler and this video scared me. No sure if its rampant but still cause for concern. (Actually I wish I never saw the video). Linky

Do any of you guys have solutions?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I use to travel a good amount before I got a new job but my routine was as follows.

1. Put luggage on the luggage holder and not on the floor or the bed until you check it.
2. Check between the mattress and boxspring for any signs of bed bugs, and check the sheet to see if its at least clean to the naked eye. If for any reason it doesn't seem clean, I'd ask for new sheets.
3. Try the A/C and flush the toilet to make sure they work and don't sound like wind turbines.

Even if you're only staying in a hotel for 3 nights or less being able to feel at least a little comfortable is super important.

Reaction Score
I travel quite a bit for business. Go to bedbugregistry.com.

I also check under and/or behind the bed and nightstands every time I check into a room. Let me tell you....you sure do find some very interesting things there. Phone chargers. Sex toys. A giant half-filled tube of lube. A bra. And these are Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt type spots.

Reaction Score
I travel quite a bit for business. Go to bedbugregistry.com.

I also check under and/or behind the bed and nightstands every time I check into a room. Let me tell you....you sure do find some very interesting things there. Phone chargers. Sex toys. A giant half-filled tube of lube. A bra. And these are Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt type spots.

And that's after Deepster leaves!! ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ditto on all advice.

I definitely travel with antibacterial wipes, don't drink out of glasses and check sheets.

I wipe down microwave, coffee maker and fridge too.

International travel brings it's own unique challenges.

Just returned from seven weeks in Israel. Very nice hotel but still had lots of germy stuff- elevator punch pads are especially gross.

Reaction Score
International travel brings it's own unique challenges.
Just returned from seven weeks in Israel. Very nice hotel but still had lots of germy stuff- elevator punch pads are especially gross.

Was in China last month, nice hotel but they had this small apparatus in the room. My first night I was curious and examined it but couldn't figure it out.

Well the 2nd night a guy explained to me it was a bug machine, you put the wafer in and turn on the fan. That night I had monster bugs awakened circling my bed and the room. I couldn't freakin sleep until I was sure every dam bug was dead. I was throwing my slippers at the ceiling and slapping curtains and everything.

Funny thing is all of a sudden I was feeling bug bites on my arms and legs, which probably weren't there. Amazing tricks that our minds play.

So summertime check for mosquitoes, flies and moths (and other flying and crawling objects) when checking in.

Oh yeah in Africa the toilet come without seats (just bowl). Showers are wide open with floor drains. Its not surprising to see a bucket in the toilet for washing up (or something else perhaps). Not saying its unsanitary, just unusual setup for Americans. Also you can bust your arse in those bathrooms if you are not careful, it happened to some people I was with, and I fell as well. They are unsafe period.

Just saying if you have a weak immune system international travel can be quite harrowing without even leaving your hotel room. The rooms in both countries were 'clean' though, all things considered.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was in China last month, nice hotel but they had this small apparatus in the room. My first night I was curious and examined it but couldn't figure it out.

Well the 2nd night a guy explained to me it was a bug machine, you put the wafer in and turn on the fan. That night I had monster bugs awakened circling my bed and the room. I couldn't freakin sleep until I was sure every dam bug was dead. I was throwing my slippers at the ceiling and slapping curtains and everything.

Funny thing is all of a sudden I was feeling bug bites on my arms and legs, which probably weren't there. Amazing tricks that our minds play.

So summertime check for mosquitoes, flies and moths (and other flying and crawling objects) when checking in.

Oh yeah in Africa the toilet come without seats (just bowl). Showers are wide open with floor drains. Its not surprising to see a bucket in the toilet for washing up (or something else perhaps). Not saying its unsanitary, just unusual setup for Americans. Also you can bust your arse in those bathrooms if you are not careful, it happened to some people I was with, and I fell as well. They are unsafe period.

Just saying if you have a weak immune system international travel can be quite harrowing without even leaving your hotel room. The rooms in both countries were 'clean' though, all things considered.

Regarding immune system. Both me and the guy I was travelling with caught something about a week in to our trip. I went about a week without coughing, laughing or walking stairs without any confidence of a safe result.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's kind of a bonus tho, right?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can Kita be hung for even starting this thread and the revelations which have been brought forward since? I mean jeezus I may sleep in my fn car from now on.:confused:

It's not that bad, I do it all the time. Slept on some concrete a couple of weeks ago. That sucked.

Reaction Score
As if none of you guys and gals never contributed to some hotels' bed issues ... rightttttt! Setting aside that possibility, you could BYOL (sheets, pillow cases, etc.)

Imagine the sheets at The Grunt Moore back in the day for the 4 hour stays with the one nighter (or one dayer)? Yikes the DNA all over those red velvety covers must have been crazy although didn;t think about it all that much.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom