Very OT: Can we talk Headphones/Earbuds? | The Boneyard

Very OT: Can we talk Headphones/Earbuds?

Reaction Score
Surprised we never talked about this. I'm more an earbuds guy but I rock the over the the ear headphones.

Was recently looking for another BT earbud set; I own Taotronics 4.1 (luv the noise cancellation) which are great. I wanted another so I was looking at reviews. I don't trust myself in terms of not losing them, so I try to keep it under $100, unless I can find some that are very very good. I just picked up the Phaiser BHS-790 earbuds which are awesome. I use them for gym, sitting out on the deck with a stogie, yardwork or at the park chillin. Great bass, treble and clarity and the volume is extreme. So many out choices out there.

What are you guys working with? Anything good/better out there?

Prefer earbuds or over the ear headphones?

Reaction Score
Beats guy....I have Over the ear, and 2 sets of in the ear..1 wired..1 wireless. I like thee in the ear ones because they hold up well at the gym...sounds quality is very good.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Bose QC 35s for Airplanes. Airpods for regular life. Jay birds for workouts.

Reaction Score
Avoid beats unless you want the name brand. Or if you want cheap craigslist ones. Lots of availability then

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Have a pair of bluetooth Jaybirds. They work great.

Reaction Score
Had been on the fence for a year on getting AirPods. Despite the cost they are absolutely fantastic. Sound quality is excellent, built in microphone works great and they sit well in the ears. If someone asks me a question at work, I take one out and the song pauses, resumes when you replace it. I’m an audio snob but can’t find any fault with these.

Reaction Score
Bose QC35 for travel
Bose soundtrue for day to day wired
Aukey latitude for cheap (paid $18) day to day Bluetooth.

Love both the Bose. The aukey’s don’t fit my ears great but sound decent for the price).

Reaction Score
Beats guy....I have Over the ear, and 2 sets of in the ear..1 wired..1 wireless. I like thee in the ear ones because they hold up well at the gym...sounds quality is very good.

Been told by dj friends of mine beats are good but way overpriced. They all told me to buy TMA AIAIAI headphones over beats for quality, price, durability

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I just bought the Solo 3’s two weeks ago and really like them. I found them on Wal Mart’s site for $199 as part of a sale, so you might want to keep an eye there if you were looking for Beats

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have Bang and Olufsen around the ear buds, Bose around the ear buds as well as Bose in the ear sports buds, Bowers and Wilkins ear buds and some around the ears from Brookstone
The BandO are nice and use then in the gym - about $130
The Bose both are about $100 and like the in the ear because they have a fitting that fills in 1/2 ear - I use these at the beach and on the boats
The B and W are about $150 and are high quality - use them in the house
The Brookstone are good for walking and the phone - $35
I have a pair of Bowers and Wilkins P3 headphones - use them for chilling out and serious listening

All have a different sound but would recommend any of them

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
AirPods for everything - but they’re not under $100. Best solution for running that I’ve ever used.

I have about 10 different varieties of BT Jaybirds. They’re all pretty good, but once you get used to buds that are 100% cordless, even the Jaybirds are inconvenient. I didn’t like the Jaybird Runs at all.

I have a pair of noise-cancelling headphones - they have a horrible name, Sony H.ear On WH-H900N, and they’re kinda expensive, but I like them.

Reaction Score
I've got Symphony earbuds. They cost about $25, are very comfortable, and have very good sound for that price. Plus, I won't be too torn up when one of my kids or I lose them.

For home, I have some older Beyer Dynamics on ear headphones. They are outstanding. Very light and comfortable. I can wear them for hours with no fatigue. They don't make my model anymore, but the sound quality on their bigger, over-ear headphones is also excellent.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Thought about airpods, even though they look bloody awful (basically the classic 'bluetooth guy' meme).

But I have a question. I cannot use ANY earbuds without them falling out damn near instantly. If I turn my head, out. If I chew, out. If I swallow, out. The only ones that stay in have a little rubber wing/shark-fin number that wedges in the outer ear.

Do Airpods stick in the ear much better than every other earbud on the planet?

Reaction Score
Thought about airpods, even though they look bloody awful (basically the classic 'bluetooth guy' meme).

But I have a question. I cannot use ANY earbuds without them falling out damn near instantly. If I turn my head, out. If I chew, out. If I swallow, out. The only ones that stay in have a little rubber wing/shark-fin number that wedges in the outer ear.

Do Airpods stick in the ear much better than every other earbud on the planet?
Absolutely they do. I used to have a similar problem and was afraid I’d lose them. They stay in the ear as if they have some Lester Hayes stickem on them. Used them on the golf course today with no problem. I can’t recommend them highly enough. Fantastic for phone calls, music, streaming shows etc..

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Absolutely they do. I used to have a similar problem and was afraid I’d lose them. They stay in the ear as if they have some Lester Hayes stickem on them. Used them on the golf course today with no problem. I can’t recommend them highly enough. Fantastic for phone calls, music, streaming shows etc..

Thanks for that. I wish they offered a mid-gray version.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I've pretty much been using Sennheiser IE earbuds for many years to commute (currently at the office).

Now on my daily commute (by train) using Bose bluetooth Soundlink headphones for the past year to watch movies/listen to music - very good.

Reaction Score
I've pretty much been using Sennheiser IE earbuds for many years to commute (currently at the office).

Now on my daily commute (by train) using Bose bluetooth Soundlink headphones for the past year to watch movies/listen to music - very good.
I have some Sennheiser over the ear wireless headphones. They’re excellent, I just prefer the AirPods now.

Reaction Score
Have Jaybird x3, like them. Had battery issues about 6 months in and they sent me another set no prob. Prefer headphones if I'm not getting exercise. I have a pair of Audio Technicas I use at work and Grados that unfortunately collect dust at home.

Reaction Score
I mainly use my Audio Technica M50x’s at home and when I travel. I’ve convinced they are some of the best bang for your buck over ear headphones on the market. For just over $100 they easily compete sound quality wise with anything under ~$400. GREAT overall balance. The only thing I’m not crazy about is the average noise insulation, they’re not noise canceling. MKBHD highly endorses them as well.

I compared them head to head with a few engineering friends against Bose QC25s and Senheisser 598C’s and we all liked AT M50x the best.

I also use $30 Phaiser Bluetooth earbuds at the gym and a $20 pair of Sony Ear Buds I use on the go and at work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom