Very OT: Black Panther Movie | The Boneyard

Very OT: Black Panther Movie

Reaction Score
Just saw it and if you are thinking about going, don't think go!

Without giving spoilers its an excellent movie for kids as well with all sorts of interesting characters. It has something for everyone. Didn't feel like a super hero movie, but more of a super nation.

Marvel did well, actually very well with this one.

Reaction Score
It was a very good first movie in what will be a series. Didn't rely simply on super hero powers, actually told a story.

Reaction Score
It's a good enough movie. Not the earth shattering event that some are making it out to be, and it needed a little more of the Panther kicking ass, but it's a very good start to the franchise. I'm hoping it follows the Captain America trend where the second and tbird films really exploded.

Reaction Score
It's a good enough movie. Not the earth shattering event that some are making it out to be, and it needed a little more of the Panther kicking ass, but it's a very good start to the franchise. I'm hoping it follows the Captain America trend where the second and tbird films really exploded.
Haven't seen it but it's a huge deal culturally.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen it but it's a huge deal culturally.

I was only speaking in terms of it as a movie and how entertaining I felt it was. It doesn't carry any cultural significance for me, so I don't have anything to say one way or the other on that. I'm just glad to see more of the characters that I grew up reading about getting a proper on screen treatment.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Haven't seen it yet but I'm going tomorrow .
It's actually become a bigger deal because he's (Black Panther) considered to be the first black super hero and also the first African super hero. With those two factors
You'll have record numbers of people around the world embracing the movie and becoming fans of the character and Marvel.
And yes , the black diaspora has taken a "Kwanzaa" approach to seeing the movie (lmao).

As a black guy that has actually collected Marvel Comics Since I was five years old,
With a collection numbering at about
3500 archived books, this movie is a very
Big deal. There's also the interesting back story about how Wesley Snipes got permission to do the movie in the 90's but ended up doing the "Blade" series instead.

Excelsior !!!!!

Horatio

Reaction Score
I finally saw the movie last night. I thought it was an excellent movie especially for a "part one". The only problem I had with it was the new suit design/ technology had the movie Looking a little like "Tron" at times. Also , I'm starting to see why some people complain about some Marvel movies needing to be rated "R". This movie could've been so much Better with an "R" rating. That's the one flaw with the MCU.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I saw it yesterday as well and enjoyed it. Many good acting performances. CGI was a bit over the top at times, but that's true of most comic book adaptations. Also the main character's final climatic battle seemed fairly overshadowed by everything else going on around it.

Reaction Score
Saw it on Monday - liked it. Think people are overemphasizing the cultural significance of the film, but maybe it just doesn't speak to me that way.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Here's a question that popped into my head today, for people who really know their comic book lore: which is stronger, vibranium or adamantium? Maybe that is directly addressed somewhere in the many decades that both substances have been present in comics. Both are supposed to be pretty much indestructible.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Here's a question that popped into my head today, for people who really know their comic book lore: which is stronger, vibranium or adamantium? Maybe that is directly addressed somewhere in the many decades that both substances have been present in comics. Both are supposed to be pretty much indestructible.
I had to research it, but adamantium stated to be more durable.

Edit. This source says V more durable but A more solid.

Reaction Score

Vibranium

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Brought my almost 17 year old and almost 12 year old daughters today. We all liked it a lot. Kept our expectations low going in because we had been warned that it didn't live up to the hype; we were all pleasantly surprised that it held our interest, told an interesting story and had a good number of good characters and no really bad ones. Definitely has something for everyone.

My daughters also loved the soundtrack, and thought many of the actors were attractive (they were).

Reaction Score
Saw it on Monday - liked it. Think people are overemphasizing the cultural significance of the film, but maybe it just doesn't speak to me that way.
Are you black?

Reaction Score
Haven't seen it yet but I'm going tomorrow .
It's actually become a bigger deal because he's (Black Panther) considered to be the first black super hero and also the first African super hero. With those two factors
Blade, 1998?

As for Black Panter, maybe a 7 out of 10. Don't totally get the hype as, at times it felt too hollywood, cliches and predictability included as well as some over acting. But the cinematography was cool and I liked the story behind and development of Wakanda.

Horatio

Reaction Score
Blade, 1998?

As for Black Panter, maybe a 7 out of 10. Don't totally get the hype as, at times it felt too hollywood, cliches and predictability included as well as some over acting. But the cinematography was cool and I liked the story behind and development of Wakanda.
Blade (1973) Black Panther (1966).
The Predictability and cliches of these comic book movies comes from them being
Governed by Disney and locked into a PG
Rating. Adult audiences are gonna get tired of that. The actual comic books are better because they don't have the restrictions of the movies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom