Very little UConn merchandise. | The Boneyard

Very little UConn merchandise.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
So I went home to the Danbury area last week for the first time in 12 years. I took my son, a student at a Southern university. For years I’ve been telling him the state loves the Huskies. He expected UConn merchandise to be available like we have here with Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma merchandise in every store and on every corner. We were seriously disappointed. There was nothing at the mall or anywhere else. My brother said some sports stores (Bob’s?) recently folded.

It wasn’t just UConn stuff that we couldn’t find. There wasn’t any college merchandise to be found. No Syracuse. No Notre Dame. Nothing. We did see some Yankee shirts, caps, etc., but I’m a Cubs fan and he’s a Texas Rangers fan.

We didn’t have enough time to get up to Storrs, so we left empty-handed.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer. I’m just venting because my son now thinks I was full of B.S. about UConn fans.

Reaction Score
So I went home to the Danbury area last week for the first time in 12 years. I took my son, a student at a Southern university. For years I’ve been telling him the state loves the Huskies. He expected UConn merchandise to be available like we have here with Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma merchandise in every store and on every corner. We were seriously disappointed. There was nothing at the mall or anywhere else. My brother said some sports stores (Bob’s?) recently folded.

It wasn’t just UConn stuff that we couldn’t find. There wasn’t any college merchandise to be found. No Syracuse. No Notre Dame. Nothing. We did see some Yankee shirts, caps, etc., but I’m a Cubs fan and he’s a Texas Rangers fan.

We didn’t have enough time to get up to Storrs, so we left empty-handed.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer. I’m just venting because my son now thinks I was full of B.S. about UConn fans.

Your son may be a prophet, and you can take solace in his ability to discern B.S.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
You went to the Danbury Mall and your takeaway was there is no UConn merchandise?
There was none at the mall or in any of the surrounding stores. Here in Texas, there are dozens of retail locations to get college merchandise. School spirit is everywhere.

I understand the internet is available. I use it frequently. I just think it would be nice to go to the mall and see an occasional sports store. How many “Victoria’s Secret” stores do we need?

Reaction Score
Dicks Sporting Goods and Lids in the mall didn’t have any UConn gear?

Bobs, Kohl’s and Walmart in southern CT often have a decent amount of UConn stuff.

Reaction Score
There was none at the mall or in any of the surrounding stores. Here in Texas, there are dozens of retail locations to get college merchandise. School spirit is everywhere.

I understand the internet is available. I use it frequently. I just think it would be nice to go to the mall and see an occasional sports store. How many “Victoria’s Secret” stores do we need?

Read this as..."I took my son into Victoria's Secret and they didn't have any UConn gear, can you believe it?"...

Nothing about going into Dick's or Champs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

There are sports stores in all the malls that arent danbury i guess. i havent even heard anyone mention the danbury mall in years - i forgot it existed

there is uconn stuff for sale in plenty of places

personally ive got no problem with even more vs stores - more entertaining clothing than a uconn shirt

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was at Old Navy in South Windsor and TJ Max in Vernon today. Both had multiple UConn shirts. Saw a few at Target over the weekend. I didn’t think Old Navy even sold stuff like that. Curious what stores he tried. Maybe he couldn’t find any team gear because he was at Bath and Body Works.

I worked at Bobs in Manchester and Danbury 04-07. Danbury had more NY sports teams, Manchester had more Boston. Both had ample UConn. Manchester is long gone. Dunno if Danbury still has one.

Reaction Score
I was at Old Navy in South Windsor and TJ Max in Vernon today. Both had multiple UConn shirts. Saw a few at Target over the weekend. I didn’t think Old Navy even sold stuff like that. Curious what stores he tried. Maybe he couldn’t find any team gear because he was at Bath and Body Works.

I worked at Bobs in Manchester and Danbury 04-07. Danbury had more NY sports teams, Manchester had more Boston. Both had ample UConn. Manchester is long gone. Dunno if Danbury still has one.

Bob's in Waterbury always has a great selection of both Boston and New York as well as UConn.

Reaction Score
TJ Maxx and Marshalls are littered with UConn gear. The stitching might be slightly off or something but it's all dirt cheap

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Read this as..."I took my son into Victoria's Secret and they didn't have any UConn gear, can you believe it?"...

There was very, very little at Dick’s and Champs. I guess it’s all done on the internet, or at the bookstore in Storrs.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Even at uconn co-op large variety but no innovate stuff. Everything looks like last year's model. No creative stuff.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There was very, very little at Dick’s and Champs. I guess it’s all done on the internet, or at the bookstore in Storrs.
What a great name for a sports bar. Though I'd reverse the order and call it "Champs and Dicks."

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

You’re a clown. And you’re reading comprehension abilities are sorely lacking (not surprising given the SAT scores at CCSU).

Champs and Dicks had very, very little.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

I tried everything in and around the Danbury mall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom