Very good win | The Boneyard

Very good win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't get to see the game b/c it isn't available where I am, but seems like we played alot better than recently, you guys will have to let me know. Seemed like Gibbs and Miller stepped up big time at the end.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
last 15 minutes was good, too many turnovers and and not enough of feeding miller the ball... bad perimeter defense...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
With 12:30 left we were down 49-41. Rest of the way we outscored them 28-8. Houston shot 3-for-16 with 5 turnovers in that span.

I don't know how to bottle this intensity and make sure it shows up at the next game, and the next, and the next. But I do know that if we played like this on a game-to-game basis we're probably 15-2 instead of 12-5.

It was especially pleasing to see DHam throwing himself to the floor to get loose balls. Winning a few of those 50/50s goes a long way.

Reaction Score
A W is a W but it was not a good win. Once again we gave a crappy team confidence and had to come from 8 down in the second half.

And we still have guys that are lost, first it was DHam now its Purvis. And Facey is treading downward, these guys all need to play well.

Reaction Score
With 12:30 left we were down 49-41. Rest of the way we outscored them 28-8. Houston shot 3-for-16 with 5 turnovers in that span.

I don't know how to bottle this intensity and make sure it shows up at the next game, and the next, and the next. But I do know that if we played like this on a game-to-game basis we're probably 15-2 instead of 12-5.

It was especially pleasing to see DHam throwing himself to the floor to get loose balls. Winning a few of those 50/50s goes a long way.
I honestly believe it's the key to our season....play with a little more aggressiveness, energy and intensity and good things will happen

Reaction Score
A W is a W but it was not a good win. Once again we gave a crappy team confidence and had to come from 8 down in the second half.

And we still have guys that are lost, first it was DHam now its Purvis. And Facey is treading downward, these guys all need to play well.

Granted we didn't play well for a full 40 minutes but to say that wasn't a good win as the visiting team, down 8, in the 2nd half is just plain foolish.

Reaction Score
For perhaps the first time this year UCONN recovered from adversity and showed heart. The first half was terrible we did not play any defense and allowed Houston wide open 3s. Second half we made some adjustments and finally played team defense. Down the stretch UCONN, particularly Dham, made hustle play offer hustle play to win lose balls.

I was happy to see KO up coaching the guys and he actually made changes which allowed us to win the game. A win over Houston may not seem like much but maybe this is the spark that lights a fire under this team.

I was proud of the way UCONN responded in the second half..hopefully it continues

Reaction Score

Yes, that was a good win.

Reaction Score

Houston isn't a crappy team

Reaction Score
Houston is a better team than Tulsa so a good win in my book. SM and SG played well and DHAM looked better even though his shot is still off. Defense was really good at the end of the game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Houston isn't a crappy team
That's probably right, we'll see how they do in the rest of conference play. But in any case we haven't won in their place the past two years and to come out of there with a dub, after the funk we've been in, is a positive.

Reaction Score

Yes, Houston is a good team. Are they great no but a very good team. We couldn't even beat them in their building the year we won it all. I love this win but makes the Tulsa game more baffling since they sucked.

Reaction Score
Granted we didn't play well for a full 40 minutes but to say that wasn't a good win as the visiting team, down 8, in the 2nd half is just plain foolish.
I know, and nobody plays a full 40 minutes even against air, the other team always has runs.

And I love the win. But this team needs to start addressing its flaws, not just addressing them but fixing them.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
At the start it seemed "here we go again". Go up 8 and down 2in 30 seconds. However they fought the first half. Sloppy, terrible basketball. Middle of the second half looked like the team was actually playing together. Houston lost all composure and we took it to them. In a way you can say a W is a W. However I saw Ham man break out, got his confidence back. Adams, even though he still makes really stupid freshman mistakes over comes it with good play. Nolan with the rebounds, whoa! It was a good one. Bring that back to Storrs and get a streak going. The road win story is going to pay dividends if continued. Committees always look at road wins. WTG Huskys!!!!!!!!!!!.

Reaction Score

give it a break for at least a day and enjoy the win. I am.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

BUT they came back - that's the key
RP has a scoring problem but hopefully, like DHam, he will come out of it
Don't understand your KF statement
Being lost and being in a slump are two different things

Reaction Score
Our guys played very hard. Ollie was off the bench, engaged and instilling that fight in the guys. Also much better change up in lineup, especially while we wait out Purvis slump. I thought we played 10 toes in. that doesn't mean our better players were not offensively slumping, it means they fought through it with hard defense and willed themselves to win. Jalen wasn't bad either!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I honestly believe it's the key to our season....play with a little more aggressiveness, energy and intensity and good things will happen
Agree. Ray Allen quote at one time on the key to his success if I can remember it correctly. "Play hard; stay calm" Almost sounds contradictory but then again it doesn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom