Very good win | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Very good win

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
They started where they started from. People are happy with improvement. Because it beats the alternative of remaining a steaming pile.
No argument here. Much better vibe around here.

Reaction Score
Still not sold on a big enough turnaround that we have a chance to make the touney. I mean wins against league worst ECU, offensively challenged UCF at our home and Tulane don't inspire a full turnaround. Good win but I think the next 6 games will tell how good we really are. I mean @Memphis, Villanova, @SMU, @Temple, @UCF and Cincy. If we can go 3-3 then I can say we have an outside chance of doing something this season.
We played a very good non-conf schedule (bpi #13) but we lost all meaningful ones but OR...........needless to say Nova is HUGE, win it and we have an at-large pulse.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I was happy with almost everything I saw today, but it says a lot of the state of the program when we’re celebrating like this about a win over Tulane.
It doesn't say any more than has already been said, but rather demonstrates a healthy relationship with present reality and an appreciation if the product on the court today.

Reaction Score
Don't think anyone is feeling they'll make the tournament. Hoping for improvement.

They started where they started from. People are happy with improvement. Because it beats the alternative of remaining a steaming pile.
Yeah I should of said making any post season touney. NCAA is pretty much going to take winning the conference tourney at the end of the year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Break it down I missed it. What did you like about it, the Ollie-ims's, his faces, his smile, his passion? What was it Hans?;)
Briefly, he was on camera, standing between ESPN announcers, looking up, being conversational, complimentary, on point, and smiling, rather than mumbling while looking down at notes(?) as he does in the backdropped press questioning. Body language alone was a welcome upgrade.

Reaction Score
Yeah I should of said making any post season touney. NCAA is pretty much going to take winning the conference tourney at the end of the year.
Not true there’s a path forward where we get in without winning the tourney beat nova and one of Wichita and cincy, finish with 20 or more wins and I think we’re in. Likely? No. Possible absolutely

Reaction Score
Not true there’s a path forward where we get in without winning the tourney beat nova and one of Wichita and cincy, finish with 20 or more wins and I think we’re in. Likely? No. Possible absolutely
I'm trying to be realistic. We aren't beating NOVA. Actually in the next 6 games I believe we beat @Memphis, @UCF and @Temple. Maybe they lose one of those and beat SMU but I just don't see them beating either Villanova or Cincy.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to be realistic. We aren't beating NOVA. Actually in the next 6 games I believe we beat @Memphis, @UCF and @Temple. Maybe they lose one of those and beat SMU but I just don't see them beating either Villanova or Cincy.
Reasonable

Reaction Score
As our frosh develop with more playing time, this could get interesting to have more options. Answering every threat and maintaining composure were the shining moments today.
The Tulane match up came at the right time for a boot of confidence on the road.
Let's start making the most of this season with the bigs and next year will be special.

Reaction Score
This game made me a more optimistic like most everyone else. I was glad to see David O. give some solid minutes and see the guards play under control for almost the entire game. Yes it was Tulane, but the built a decent second half lead and kept a little bit of a cushion. The weren't great from the foul line and still made a few mistakes that show their youth and inexperience. But it reminds me of things Calhoun used to talk about. Some of the toughest things for a young team to learn are how to win together and once you start winning, developing the killer instinct. This team still has a lot to work on with step one.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was happy with almost everything I saw today, but it says a lot of the state of the program when we’re celebrating like this about a win over Tulane.

It does. But that’s the reality. We are back to where we were in the late 80s.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Carlton did a great job avoiding foul trouble in the second half, and ended up having 10 points. Keep developing this kid. He has touch, he boards, and can block shots.

What is crazy is that this is only the 2nd time a UConn big has reached double digit scoring this year (Diarra had 11 vs Columbia).

I like his hands catching passes from the guards as he crashes towards the rim. Catches it clean, keeps the ball high and his footwork while catching and shooting is spot on. Been a while since a UConn big could catch and shoot without having to stop and re-gather his body.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is it allowed to point out the team has avoided the big improvement in starting games? They're not getting in 6-8 point deficits before the first TV timeout.

Reaction Score
I like his hands catching passes from the guards as he crashes towards the rim. Catches it clean, keeps the ball high and his footwork while catching and shooting is spot on.
Billy Curley

Reaction Score
I'll take it. This team isn't out of the woods yet. This was the soft spot of the schedule that should help them nab a few wins.

one of my thoughts/hopes was that the tough out of conference schedule out of the gate would pay dividends once they hit conference play. Seemingly has so far, although I want to see it against better competition. Villanova will be a really good barometer to see how far they've come.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom