very good drummond article--borges | The Boneyard

very good drummond article--borges

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Amusing juxtaposition in that article.

Drummond got a bit of an intro to life as a Husky at the Husky Run. He finished dead-last in the 3.4-mile run around campus with a time of 29:59...
"When it’s all said and done … he’s just athletically, physically much different than what you normally bring in,” said Calhoun. “He’s 277 pounds, he’s 6-foot-10, quick as a cat, he might be as good a runner as we have on our team. "

Yeesh, I hope not! :)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Amusing juxtaposition in that article.

Drummond got a bit of an intro to life as a Husky at the Husky Run. He finished dead-last in the 3.4-mile run around campus with a time of 29:59...
"When it’s all said and done … he’s just athletically, physically much different than what you normally bring in,” said Calhoun. “He’s 277 pounds, he’s 6-foot-10, quick as a cat, he might be as good a runner as we have on our team. "

Yeesh, I hope not! :)

Drummond hasa tendinitis in his knee, so he likely wasn't giving maximum effort.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Drummond hasa tendinitis in his knee, so he likely wasn't giving maximum effort.

Yah, I wasn't taking it seriously. I just had a chuckle at the unintentional juxtaposition.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Stranger, in a positive way, was how things played out for recruiting:

“Yeah, four years … We recruited him for four years, that’s all,” the 26th-year UConn head coach said with a chuckle at Wednesday’s annual Husky Run. “So, when people say it happened real quick … his decision to finally come here came quick. We thought in June he was going to come here. Then it was called off, and we took DeAndre (Daniels).”

DD probably wouldn't be a Husky if AD didn't take the convoluted path with his commitment.

Reaction Score
Stranger, in a positive way, was how things played out for recruiting:

“Yeah, four years … We recruited him for four years, that’s all,” the 26th-year UConn head coach said with a chuckle at Wednesday’s annual Husky Run. “So, when people say it happened real quick … his decision to finally come here came quick. We thought in June he was going to come here. Then it was called off, and we took DeAndre (Daniels).”

DD probably wouldn't be a Husky if AD didn't take the convoluted path with his commitment.
That is so true. Andre waiting for the last minute made it a BOGO. Buy One Get One free. Boatright was a nice and important pick-up, but to add one of the top 2011 wings and the top big man was amazing.

I can't help but think what some of the BE coaches said when they found out we landed Daniels and then Drummond. Probably something on the lines of Oh crap...Oh holy crap! :)

Reaction Score
“He’s definitely a great kid,” said Oriakhi, a senior forward.

Since when is Oriakhi a senior? Let's not rush him out the door now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom