Very Disappointed Yesterday NO #1 Chant? | The Boneyard

Very Disappointed Yesterday NO #1 Chant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
VERY DISAPPOINTED YESTERDAY VS MARQUETTE- NOT ONE ##!!×× "WE'RE NUMBER ONE" CHANT ....(??!!)
Near end there was 1 or 2 chantings of
" OVERRATED" for Marquette, but FOR NOT ONE LOUSY WE'RE NUMBER ONE...FOR OUR OWN TEAM !!??, EVEN AT FINAL XL APPEARANCE !! VS BIGGEST RIVAL ......?? When UC not at in season #1 ranking for
15-20 years ?? and now at #1 for last 5-6 weeks???
Rabid(???) UC Mens fans??? -not that much i guess .... Save it for later??? Huh? When?
Not chant the hell out of it at the ##!!×× blown out big rival Marquette team ???
Maybe not that important to UC mens fans...or .. forgot????
Very disappointing...- i tried to start that chant laye, myself., but....
but...Cheerleaders??
Big Red??
UConn management??
Coach H??? (He's gotta do it all, I guess, but he's kinda busy... )

Last edited:
Reaction Score
VERY DISAPPOINTED YESTERDAY VS MARQUETTE- NOT ONE ##!!×× "WE'RE NUMBER ONE" CHANT ....(??!!)
NEAR END THERE WAS 1 OR 2 QUICK CHANTINGS OF
" OVERRATED" FOR MARQUETTE, BUT NOT ONE LOUSY WE'RE NUMBER ONE...FOR OUR OWN TEAM !!??, EVEN AT FINAL XL APPEARANCE !! VS BIGGEST RIVAL ......?? WHEN NOT AT #1 RANKING IN SEASON FOR 15-20 YEARS-....?? AND #1 RANKING NOW, FOR LAST 5-6? STRAIGHT WEEKS...???? RABID???? - (NOT THAT MUCH I GUESS) UC MENS FANS....????
SAVE IT FOR LATER??? HUH??
AND CHANT THE HELL OUT OF IT AT THE ##++!! BLOWN OUT BIG RIVAL MARQUETTE TEAM-- NO?? MAYBE NOT THAT IMPORTANT TO UC MENS FANS...OR FORGOT???
VERY DISAPPOINTING- I TRIED TO START IT LATE, MYSELF. BUT....
BUT CHEERLEADERS???
BIG RED ???
UCONN MANAGEMENT???

Trying to read this is raising my blood pressure to unhealthy levels.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
NEAR END THERE WAS 1 OR 2 QUICK CHANTINGS OF
" OVERRATED" FOR MARQUETTE, BUT NOT ONE LOUSY WE'RE NUMBER ONE...FOR OUR OWN TEAM !!??, EVEN AT FINAL XL APPEARANCE !! VS BIGGEST RIVAL ......?? WHEN NOT AT #1 RANKING IN SEASON FOR 15-20 YEARS-....?? AND #1 RANKING NOW, FOR LAST 5-6? STRAIGHT WEEKS...???? RABID???? - (NOT THAT MUCH I GUESS) UC MENS FANS....????
SAVE IT FOR LATER??? HUH??
AND CHANT THE HELL OUT OF IT AT THE ##++!! BLOWN OUT BIG RIVAL MARQUETTE TEAM-- NO?? MAYBE NOT THAT IMPORTANT TO UC MENS FANS...OR FORGOT???
VERY DISAPPOINTING- I TRIED TO START IT LATE, MYSELF. BUT....
BUT CHEERLEADERS???
BIG RED ???
UCONN MANAGEMENT???
Inferiority complex much?

Reaction Score
Our fans know how to act like we’ve been there before, probably because we have (plenty). Are you also disappointed that we didn’t storm the court? Such clickbait but I responded so congrats on mission accomplished or whatever.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
“When you’re good, you tell people. When you’re great, people tell you.”

-Walter Payton
Should be “When you’re good, you tell people. When you’re great, people tell you.” When you’re super, you know it and don’t need outside approval.”

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I greatly dislike the overrated chant. Marquette is a good team. We dominated them. Why would we diminish our dominance by chanting overrated?
Many of our fans approved of us court storming when we did that, under the excuse that kids should be allowed to have fun and express themselves.

So I look as "overrated" much the same way.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I tried a couple of times, never caught on

Reaction Score
The overrated chant is so last century.
You are right, except the chant mostly came from the students who have no connection to the last century, as they were not even born. It's all good, even being annoyed. UConn fans enjoy. And Marquette is not overrated, IMO.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
My ears are still ringing from yesterday.

Reaction Score
Our fans know how to act like we’ve been there before, probably because we have (plenty). Are you also disappointed that we didn’t storm the court? Such clickbait but I responded so congrats on mission accomplished or whatever.
Yah- let's keep our first time in 15-20 years in-season #1 ranking a secret !!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yah- let's keep our first time in 15-20 years in- season #1 ranking a secret !! Bad juju !!!
The analysts watching that game who weren’t already believers but are now picking their jaws up off the floor are a lot louder than a silly we’re #1 chant

Reaction Score
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Reaction Score
Lame,chant what you want at a game I guess but no you can’t make me chant what you what chanted.

Reaction Score
Exactly!!!

"UNDERRATED ... clap, clap, clap ... UNDERRATED!"

Yeah, I know it may sound stupid for the #1 ranked team, but it's all we got.

Bottom line: overrated chants have always been stupid.

Someone has to come up with a chant at home games for a higher ranked team. "Underrated" works great for #2 through #350+.

Trying to be creative for the #1 team really sucks.
I’m pretty boring I just chant let’s go Huskies.

Reaction Score
The Overrated chant is stupid it diminishes your teams victory and if you do chant it then it should be used if you are the lower ranked team and you beat a blue blood program, I don’t like the chant but I understand it way more if your the team that pulls off the upset if you beat lets say a Duke team that is over ranked in the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom