Versatility | The Boneyard

Versatility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, with the addition AD we are going to be so versatile that JC may be like the mad professor conjuring up lineups to screw with coaches minds. We are going to be fast and big with depth. WOW!!!
I feel like I brought the yard good mojo by coming out of lurking status, just like AD came out of lurking.
Lets cancel football and start BB now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In just one announcement, UConn went from a ??? front court to one of the best in the country. A rotation of Andre, Alex, Tyler and Bradley really is an upgrade from Alex, Tyler, Roscoe and Bradley.

Alex switches to power forward and Roscoe back to the three. Both players get to develop at their natural positions. Instead of the team needing Bradley for significant minutes he can continue to develop and be a significant sub. The three guards were a little thin as well. I imagine the coaches can work with Niels as a 2g now.

Reaction Score
In just one announcement, UConn went from a ??? front court to one of the best in the country. A rotation of Andre, Alex, Tyler and Bradley really is an upgrade from Alex, Tyler, Roscoe and Bradley.

Alex switches to power forward and Roscoe back to the three. Both players get to develop at their natural positions. Instead of the team needing Bradley for significant minutes he can continue to develop and be a significant sub. The three guards were a little thin as well. I imagine the coaches can work with Niels as a 2g now.

funny how now we look at our back court and say 'maybe we are a little thin' :) but think that bazz, boat, and lamb will be very good...not sure Giffey can handle the 2g role at all...

Reaction Score
Several interchangable parts, and open looks at the bucket aplenty for JL, RS,BZ,Boat,and the rest. I am a big man defense proponat, but we could look like Cuse in a 1-3-1 set for short periods ( long on the wings, and strong inside). Our guards can harass from the onset and funnell the ball into the bigs, and take more chances. OMG can't wait.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
funny how now we look at our back court and say 'maybe we are a little thin' :) but think that bazz, boat, and lamb will be very good...not sure Giffey can handle the 2g role at all...

Well Lamb is still thin and Ryan is small.:) I'm not sure Niels can handle the 2g either. But three players responsible for two positions is thin for me. It doesn't leave much wiggle room for injuries or foul trouble. People may have been critical of DBev, but I liked the option JC had of bring the kid in periodically as a situation player. UConn doesn't have anyone like DBev this season.

I'm not sure SN, JL or RB will manage to stay out of foul trouble as often as Kemba did last season. Kemba was very good at avoiding that. Part of his success was his star power. But most was his maturity. So I'm hoping someone, Niels or otherwise can develop as a backup 2g.

Reaction Score
I 'm comfortable with Giffey at the 2, especially if boat and bazz initiate a solid entry passes into the post. I see defense collapsing and kick outs for open shots. Bazz and boat are better than average passers and should have a field day penetrating and dishing.

Reaction Score
Well Lamb is still thin and Ryan is small.:) I'm not sure Niels can handle the 2g either. But three players responsible for two positions is thin for me. It doesn't leave much wiggle room for injuries or foul trouble. People may have been critical of DBev, but I liked the option JC had of bring the kid in periodically as a situation player. UConn doesn't have anyone like DBev this season.

I'm not sure SN, JL or RB will manage to stay out of foul trouble as often as Kemba did last season. Kemba was very good at avoiding that. Part of his success was his star power. But most was his maturity. So I'm hoping someone, Niels or otherwise can develop as a backup 2g.
You are so right about DB. He was the calming factor and JC used him when they got away from the flow of the game. If bazz stays focused and balanced we will be fine. He does have a flair for taking chances and can lose the handle, but he bounces back and makes a defensive play.I was hoping JL would put on a few lbs over the summer. He has a nice game but needs to develop that body a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom