Veronica Mars - Season 4 | The Boneyard

Veronica Mars - Season 4

Reaction Score
Had no idea this was a thing until about a week ago

I'm about halfway through season 4 and it's not terrible. It's always tough to go back to a show 10+ years later, but it still feels like Veronica Mars

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The movie a few years ago was decent but not great, just kind of fun to see most of the gang back together. Veronica and Logan together just kind of killed the series for me. I liked it better in the beginning when they despised each other.

Reaction Score
The movie a few years ago was decent but not great, just kind of fun to see most of the gang back together. Veronica and Logan together just kind of killed the series for me. I liked it better in the beginning when they despised each other.
yeah I don't really like them together either. I also really should have watched seasons 1-3 again. I haven't seen them in ages and I forgot a lot.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I rewatched season 1 and 2 several years ago. Just couldn't bring myself to bother w/ season 3. They removed almost everything good about the series (Keith Mars, Wallace and Mac all pretty much disappeared) and fixated on never ending relationship melodrama.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Had no idea this was a thing until about a week ago

I'm about halfway through season 4 and it's not terrible. It's always tough to go back to a show 10+ years later, but it still feels like Veronica Mars

I just watched it all to catch up for the release.

On the good side, VM is fun and the witty banter is entertaining.

It also had a surprising lack of romance drama for a WB/CW show.

The supporting cast is mostly fun and good characters. Mac, Wallace, weevil, keith.

The cases (especially S1 and 2) are really a treat. And they are out ahead of the drama. Plus they developed multiple good theories for the whodunnit.

The bad:

Veronica is a trash human. Transactional friendships. Accusing her friends of stuff. Cheating on dudes.

She has zero chemistry wih any of the romantic male options, especially (again) for a cw/wb show.

Logan Echolls is just total trash. If Zack Morris is trash, idk what you call this dude. He’s scum. Why they picked him to flip to the main romantic option was baffling.

The movie was meh. Season 4 is ok. But with so few episodes it doesn’t get fleshed out like the rest of the seasons. It lacks the smaller cases. The supporting cast is more like Easter eggs than a supporting cast. The best part was the last 5 minutes of the season.

the Q

Reaction Score
I rewatched season 1 and 2 several years ago. Just couldn't bring myself to bother w/ season 3. They removed almost everything good about the series (Keith Mars, Wallace and Mac all pretty much disappeared) and fixated on never ending relationship melodrama.

FWIW Wallace and mac show up enough in S3.

They’re barely there for S4.

the Q

Reaction Score
Anyone else finish S4?

the Q

Reaction Score
I did and I hated the ending.

That was the only bright spot.

Should’ve happened 2-3 seasons ago.

the Q

Reaction Score

The actors have less than zero romantic chemistry.

I’ve seen lawn furniture with more chemistry.

the Q

Reaction Score
I did and I hated the ending.

Based on posts on social media that I’ve seen:

This seems to be, generally, split down gender lines.

Most men seem to recognize what a horrible human being Logan was...and most women seem to not care.

Reaction Score

Most men seem to recognize what a horrible human being Logan was...and most women seem to not care.
I just don't get why they built the relationship up so hard and then did what they did. It was a waste of time

the Q

Reaction Score
I just don't get why they built the relationship up so hard and then did what they did. It was a waste of time

I mean here’s the best I got.

Without Trash Guy, Veronica just becomes another lawyer at some swanky firm (I mean there is no season 4 - see the movie where she threw her life away for this scumbag).

So now after his death she can move on from small town PI to a world renown investigator.

She was never leaving Neptune with Logan there. Now she can. And actively wants to.

I’m far more annoyed with how useless they rendered Wallace and Mack. The actual good people in her life.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Well somebody made both the Twilight and 50 Shades series big hits in both printed version and onscreen. From what I've heard both were very low quality, the books and the films. I guess for some if you sprinkle something heavily with romance, it doesn't matter how bad it is, they will eat it up.

Anyway I think I've more or less lost interest in the rebooted Veronica Mars. I don't care enough about it to sign up for Hulu at this point.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So I'm finally watching this, about halfway thru. Decent enough to keep watching. Patton Oswalt's character is really annoying. Gotta have a worthless sheriff of course, what would Neptune be without that? I've always hated the Veronica-Logan pairing, so nothing new or surprising there. I always liked Keith and Veronica's banter back and forth. Aside from that, the best thing about the show is Izabela Vidovic. She had a prominent role in one of the seasons of iZombie, so not surprising Rob Thomas would go with her again.

the Q

Reaction Score
So I'm finally watching this, about halfway thru. Decent enough to keep watching. Patton Oswalt's character is really annoying. Gotta have a worthless sheriff of course, what would Neptune be without that? I've always hated the Veronica-Logan pairing, so nothing new or surprising there. I always liked Keith and Veronica's banter back and forth. Aside from that, the best thing about the show is Izabela Vidovic. She had a prominent role in one of the seasons of iZombie, so not surprising Rob Thomas would go with her again.

The only male Veronica had any chemistry with was her dad

Her and Logan have zero chemistry.

It’s a bad pairing

I always said Logan should’ve been the bad guy reveal in s2

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The only male Veronica had any chemistry with was her dad
Wallace? Although that friendship was a bit one sided. Maybe Leo too, although again that darn Veronica is always taking more than she gives in relationships/friendships it seems.

Or for a wildcard, the mutual loathing between Veronica and Vinny is its own weird kind of chemistry.

the Q

Reaction Score
Wallace? Although that friendship was a bit one sided. Maybe Leo too, although again that darn Veronica is always taking more than she gives in relationships/friendships it seems.

Or for a wildcard, the mutual loathing between Veronica and Vinny is its own weird kind of chemistry.

Leo was the romantic male interest with the most chemistry. But when she’s like 16 it is kinda weird.

Veronica is definitely a taker

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

They redeemed him in season four, if I recall correctly.

CL82

Reaction Score
Leo was the romantic male interest with the most chemistry. But when she’s like 16 it is kinda weird.

Veronica is definitely a taker
Leo, the dirty cop dating a highschooler? In any other show he’s the villain.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
the dirty cop
Are there any other kind in tv or movies? Anyway in a show full of dirty cops, I thought he was one of the good ones, but I could be forgetting key details.

But yeah, the age thing was kinda cringy. I seem to recall during one season Logan was dating a girl who looked to be about 13 (I'm sure in actuality she was older than that, but she definitely looked very young). He was just using her to get at her dad, but that was really creepy.

the Q

Reaction Score

Which I hated lol

the Q

Reaction Score
Leo, the dirty cop dating a highschooler? In any other show he’s the villain.

Indeed.

But they had chemistry.

It was just such a messed up part of the show.

the Q

Reaction Score

It was just a wildly out of character change for no reason.

I liked the ending lol

CL82

Reaction Score
It was just a wildly out of character change for no reason.

I liked the ending lol
LOL, I’m just gonna say it, sounds like you had a bit of a crush on Veronica and we’re a little jealous of Logan.

FWIW, I didn’t like them turning him from a villain to her love interest either. Like you said, it was too much of a character shift. That said, I was less bothered by adult Logan not being as big a jerk as young Logan.

The entire Veronica Mars series was one of my Covid binges.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom